Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! (798 Views)

10 Words Confident People Never Use / 10 Holiday Gifts That Don't Cost A Thing / 10 Words That Don’t Exist But Should. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hi Nairalanders, I just stumbled on the following words, let me know if you find them worthy, of course they don't exist at the moment but I felt should, happy studying;

1. AQUADEXTROUS: (ak wa deks’ trus) adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub tap on and off with your toes.

2. CARPERPETUATION: (kar’ pur pet u a shun) n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.

3. DISCONFECT: (dis kon fekt’) v. To sterilize the piece of confection (lolly) you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow ‘remove’ all the germs.

4. ELBONICS: (el bon’ iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater.

5. FRUST: (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dustpan and keeps backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.

6. LACTOMANGULATION: (lak’ to man gyu lay’ shun) n. Manhandling the “open here” spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the ‘illegal’ side.

7. PEPPIER: (peph ee ay’) n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want fresh ground pepper.

8. PHONESIA: (fo nee’ zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.

9. PUPKUS: (pup’kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

10. TELECRASTINATION: (tel e kras tin ay’ shun) n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you’re only six inches away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by ITbomb(m): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
Never too late to add yours
Nice collections
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
ITbomb: Never too late to add yours
Nice collections

thanks pal, infact that is the object of the topic, I want nairalanders to come up with something unique, I mean form your own words and give it your own transcription, that's all!
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Caracta(f): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
Oh i love this, especially PEPPIER and FRUST
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Vince77(m): 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lmao Professor
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
Caracta: Oh i love this, especially PEPPIER and FRUST
thank you wink can you come up with something too? That is the whole object of this thread
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Rocktation (f) have been monitoring this post for the past 10 mins won't you give your own contributions?
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Rocktation(f): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
BOREDOUTTAYOURMINDO (bord ouro yor myn doh) n. a condition characterized by lethal feelings of boredom and creative illusions.
See why I didn't wanna say anything?
lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
Rocktation: BOREDOUTTAYOURMINDO (bord ouro yor myn doh) n. a condition characterized by lethal feelings of boredom and creative illusions.
See why I didn't wanna say anything?
lipsrsealed

shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Rocktation(f): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
Of cos you know it's all for laughs, you're quite good! wink
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
Rocktation: Of cos you know it's all for laughs, you're quite good! wink
thank you, you are kind wink
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
More words! wink
Accordionated - adj. Being able to drive and refold a road map at the same time.

Aeropalmics - n. The study of wind resistance conducted by holding a cupped hand out the car window.

Mummabolic Chorus - n. When three or more people are singing along to a tune and suddenly discover they are all faking their way through the unintelligible lyrics.

Narcolepulacy - n. The contagious action of yawning, causing everyone in sight to also yawn.

Oreosis - n. The practice of eating the cream center of an Oreo before eating the cookie outsides.

Pajangle - n. Condition of waking up with your pajamas turned 180 degrees.

Prestofrigeration - n. The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly returning to
the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have materialized.

Rignition - n. The embarrassing action of trying to start one’s car with the engine already running.

Sark - n. The marks left on one’s ankle after wearing tube socks all day.

Turfigee and Pedigee - n. The two extreme target points of a rotary lawn sprinkler, TURFIGEE being the safest point at which to walk past, PEDIGEE being the most dangerous.

Tanumbum - n. The sorry side of the Christmas tree that gets placed toward the wall.

Wondracide - v. The act of mangling a piece of soft white bread with a pat of cold butter.
See you on the road! smiley

3 Likes

Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Caracta(f): 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
Nice ~vicky~. Very nice

1 Like

Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
Caracta: Nice ~vicky~. Very nice

thanks Caracta kiss
Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by tomakint: 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
wao vicky you are very good and that was very brilliant of you! Did you work on that yourself? Can you also come up with the transcription exactly the way I did mine? Good job wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Words That Don't Exist But Should! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
tomakint: wao vicky you are very good and that was very brilliant of you! Did you work on that yourself? Can you also come up with the transcription exactly the way I did mine? Good job wink

thanks Tomakint, i worked on some actually and a friend helped to post some. well done too wink

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court To Determine Rev.kings Fate Today. / What Will You Do In A Situation Like This? / Note Of Life!!! Written To Mukina2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.