Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Graduate With 2:2 From UK University - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate With 2:2 From UK University (1673 Views)

What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get? / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY / Graduate With A Distinction From UK Uni & You Offered With N50k Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by isanko: 3:29am On Dec 17, 2012
Please I need help here. What are the chances of someone that graduates with a 2:2 in BEng.(Hons) Elect/Elect Eng. from a UK university working for any of the oil and gas multinational company in Nigeria.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by olumaxi(m): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2012
Ao cum u bagged a 2:2 4rm a uk university..o boy,na pass u for obtain for hia o..try to visit d redemption camp 1st..1 love

4 Likes

Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 17, 2012
olumaxi: Ao cum u bagged a 2:2 4rm a uk university..o boy,na pass u for obtain for hia o..try to visit d redemption camp 1st..1 love

Lmao! As in eh, as education 4dat side easy reach, e still go bag 2.2! Naija boiz! Can't stop laughing
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by sucrecandy(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2012
ℓσℓ, chai u get bad mouth sha, see as u rubbish hin american certificate.
olumaxi: Ao cum u bagged a 2:2 4rm a uk university..o boy,na pass u for obtain for hia o..try to visit d redemption camp 1st..1 love
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by desertboom(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2012
Anybody wey think say to get 2:2 for any UK University easy, make the person go try make we see. Bad belle everywhere

1 Like

Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by Benissues(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2012
Why re u guys talking like dis?....hw do expect him 2 b feelin nw!....he requested 4 advice nt insults!....guys grow up dudes!............
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by yuzedo: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2012
austushi1: Lmao! As in eh, as education 4dat side easy reach, e still go bag 2.2! Naija boiz! Can't stop laughing
Kai! Furken Basterdos! Lmaooooooooo!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2012
I will suggest you do master to help you stand out. Companies don't value 2.2

2.2 jobs comes with serious fasting

If you are able to do master, you will have edge over first class student.

Remember Aptitude test by dragnet and etc awaits you.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by younglawya(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
padi nothing do you.im sure u were sampling some of those caucasian fleshpots grin in school just be positive and ignore the haters
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by babasewen(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
isanko: Please I need help here. What are the chances of someone that graduates with a 2:2 in BEng.(Hons) Elect/Elect Eng. from a UK university working for any of the oil and gas multinational company in Nigeria.
welcm bak to naija, ofcos u can work anywhere u want if u're smart. Gudluck
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by olusolaadedoyi: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
See haters..cause they didn't get the opportunity to study abroad. My advice, go do msc or add professional certifications..in nigeria now, its all about having an edge over the next man
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by ifyalways(f): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
olusola_adedoyi: . My advice, go do msc or add professional certifications..in nigeria now, its all about having an edge over the next man
well said.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by adewasco2k(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
C'mon guys its not cool.....why make the guy feel bad? 2:2 aint easy even in the UK.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by mastersr95(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
isanko: Please I need help here. What are the chances of someone that graduates with a 2:2 in BEng.(Hons) Elect/Elect Eng. from a UK university working for any of the oil and gas multinational company in Nigeria.

2:2 after spending that millions of naira in UK university Guy u no try at all, thats a total waste of money man

2 Likes

Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by adewasco2k(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
why are you guys all over this dude?
seriously i met a guy in an office last week, he came for an interview...a graduate of University of Michigan, with a third class.
cant remember his course
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
adewasco2k: why are you guys all over this dude?
seriously i met a guy in an office last week, he came for an interview...a graduate of University of Michigan, with a third class.
cant remember his course
so they invited a thirdee from a foreign uni for interview but wouldnt give our 2.2 grads the oppurtunity to even apply?
the height of our inferiority complex im this country is stagerring!
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by 1forall: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
This thread reeks of jealousy. Poster don't mind the haters cos they're probably envious, you should be proud of your degree.

If you want to know what your real chances are, start applying and see what the response is like. I don't think a Nigerian employer will see a 2.2 from a Nigerian Uni the same as a 2.2 from a UK Uni. Except it's one of those dodgy ones and many times sef, naija folk can't tell the difference (tho it's no excuse).
Try and see for yourself and don't rule out the option of getting additional qualifications. I would recommend professional certifications over a Masters' degree because they're more specialized. Decide your specific area of interest and go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by kastgeraldino: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
@op:Don't lose hope. Many people who think American and UK schools are easy are usually stupid and insecure people who have not experienced life outside their local world. They fail to understand that many foreign schools differ on the level of difficulty and competition. Even the so-called easy schools require a fair amount of work. That's why I laugh(silently) when I see many arrogant Nigerian first class and 2:1 who are struggling with "common" GMAT and GRE. OP, don't despair. Rather, take the advice of some sensible people that have spoken. Just use every resource around you and network properly. Apply to as many jobs as possible. I won't deceive you by saying Nigeria is easy, but I believe you can do a lot with faith and patience. FYI, I did well in one of the most competitive and difficult American colleges, and I'm presently working in a multinational in Naija. Please people I apologize if my language sounds harsh and insulting, but I despise insensitivity and arrogance.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by mastersr95(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
kastgeraldino: @op:Don't lose hope. Many people who think American and UK schools are easy are usually stupid and insecure people who have not experienced life outside their local world. They fail to understand that many foreign schools differ on the level of difficulty and competition. Even the so-called easy schools require a fair amount of work. That's why I laugh(silently) when I see many arrogant Nigerian first class and 2:1 who are struggling with "common" GMAT and GRE. OP, don't despair. Rather, take the advice of some sensible people that have spoken. Just use every resource around you and network properly. Apply to as many jobs as possible. I won't deceive you by saying Nigeria is easy, but I believe you can do a lot with faith and patience. FYI, I did well in one of the most competitive and difficult American colleges, and I'm presently working in a multinational in Naija. Please people I apologize if my language sounds harsh and insulting, but I despise insensitivity and arrogance.

Dont try to consolidate yourself with your poor result..universities in uk are not easy but they are not as difficult as universities in Naija..If you spend that millions of naira to school abroad and all you could get is a 2:2, am telling you that is a total waste of money(either you are dullard or you not serious enough), there is no word to justify your failure. I went to uni in uk so i know what am talking about

1 Like

Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by kastgeraldino: 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
mastersr95:

Dont try to consolidate yourself with your poor result..universities in uk are not easy but they are not as difficult as universities in Naija..If you spend that millions of naira to school abroad and all you could get is a 2:2, am telling you that is a total waste of money(either you are dullard or you not serious enough), there is no word to justify your failure. I went to uni in uk so i know what am talking about

If you took the time to read properly, then you would know that I did not have a poor result. People with poor results don't work where I work. I won't bother mentioning my achievements since it would make me look like a braggart. I get your message Einstein.
Re: Graduate With 2:2 From UK University by Xorcyst(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2012
Bro,

Studying in the UK isn't all about the certificate. U're exposed to different perspectives from the ones you're used to. I concur with getting some professional qualifications tho, PMP or something. I finished with a Masters distinction and am still hustling my certification. If that letter doesn't come; think outside the box. Been in Nigeria since mid september and made a wad, more than I made before I resigned to go. I just started applying this month tho. Don't dull, money from multiple sources is the path to financial freedom. Find a need and fulfill it. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Before You Accept The Offer, Run A Reference Check On Your Potential Boss. / Latest On Federal Task Force Recruitment / Job Offer!!! We Are Hiring!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.