Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season (9257 Views)

Woman Who Had Ribs Removed To Look Like Jessica Rabbit Needs Corset To Stay Aliv / Meet The Family That Choose To Stay Without Money / Big Brother Africa Revolution: Vote For Kevin To Stay Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by bamasite(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
Waoo!!!!!!

It's that time of the year again when celebration is in the air. It 's the season of love ans gifts...but wait...It is also that time of the year when criminal elements are very active. Of course, they too want to celebrate and 'flex' too.

Success secrets is all about success secrets in anything you can think of and that is why we here to present to you SECURITY ADVISORY FOR THE YULETIDE SEASON: HOW TO STAY SAFE!!!. Read, learn, apply and enjoy the season....Seasons greetings Nigeria!!!
Please be guided by the following tips:

I. Personal Security

- Keep a low profile, blend in and be alert of developments in your environment

- Avoid known crime prone areas/hot spots in your home towns/states

- Avoid routine pattern of movements and late night outings

- Avoid undue exposure, inclusive of your family members

II. Financial Transactions

- Keep all information concerning financial transactions strictly confidential – don’t discuss in the open

- Avoid carrying large sums in cash, do not carry black polythene or brown envelopes, they may attract criminals.

- Avoid physical transactions that require large sums in cash - use cheques and electronic money transfers

- Use ATMs only in safe and well lit places

III. Travel Security

- Always pre-plan your journey and ensure the vehicle is in good working condition

- Discuss travel details only with immediate family members

- Avoid night driving, and make less use of your high value cars that easily mark you out as a potential target

- Stick to major routes and avoid lonely routes with bad roads and poor visibility

- Don’t give ride to strangers, including persons dressed in uniforms, as they may be criminals in disguise

- Beware of techniques used by criminals to force unsuspecting victims to stop

It is also established that motorists are most vulnerable when:

- Waiting for the gates to be opened for them at residences
- Driving through a terribly bad spot that requires slowing down completely with little chance of escape or
when parked on a spot along less-busy-roads without alighting from the car

IV. Social Outings

- Always let close family members be aware of your movements
- Avoid late outings unless it is absolutely necessary (even then ensure you are accompanied)
- Avoid crowded places
- Always take your mobile phone with you, in the event you need to make emergency calls

However, in the likely event of an attack or incident, please remember the following:

- The general rule is "NEVER" attempt to run
- DO NOT resist or panic, just stay calm and cooperate
- AVOID eye-to-eye contact with the assailants, but respond to instructions and questions calmly.
- Don't make sudden movements without first seeking their permission - e.g. unfastening your seat belt as they may
misconstrue your intention
- Implore them not to use their weapons as you will cooperate fully
- Focus your energy on survival, maintaining self respect and dignity
- Inform them if you have any medical condition
- Request to speak with your relatives, close associates, and give them the facts unemotionally
- Don't attempt to call the Police when it is not safe to do so
- Report to the nearest police station and company security control room when it is safe to do so.

http://successsecrets01..com/2012/12/security-advisory-for-yuletide.html

15 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by slimmoney(m): 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nice 1. First †̥ comment
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by simongonner: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
spot on..and also pray to God

4 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by simongonner: 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2012
slimmoney: Nice 1. First †̥ comment
is there any gift for 1st comments?
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by slimmoney(m): 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
simon gonner: is there any gift for 1st comments?
yea itz a coded gift

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by pboiskinpy(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
I am covered with "African Insurance"(Otumokpoo)..soo no shaking

2 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by sagytariusTM1: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
In addition to the TRAVEL SECURITY TIPS, Always lock the four doors once you're in the vehicle. (Especially when you're in a crowded Traffic Jam). If possible, wind up if you got your AC working fine.)

Safe journey y'all, and Merry Xmas in Advance.
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Sijo01(f): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
Wear a tracking device!
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by jhydebaba(m): 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
Noted!!! After the yuletide season, I can go back to my old ways of doing tinz.
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by simongonner: 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
slimmoney: yea itz a coded gift
roger that
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by mike404(m): 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
And try to avoid 24th vigil mass because of BOKO BOYS
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by 80million1: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
*speechless*

okay!
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by condralbede(m): 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
Drink responsibly...especially with does men in d village with red caps!

3 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by 9jacriip: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by RightYansh: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Pyguru ooooo! Wherever you are! Know that your right yansh shall remain cursed for life.
Yes! Beenii! Na me talk am!
When you go to the loo! Your right yansh shall become unresponsive!
Sango: Aseeeee!!!!
Amadioha: Iseeee!!!
May the yansh be troubling you for the rest of your cyber life!
Amen angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by GentleNaaz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
-dont ova drnk
-incase of arm robbers invasion, take ur bottle n scatter if u need suden death
-kis ur grl in front of d arm robbers
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2012
I get charm so no wahala 4 me u can contact me if u nid charm
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by dmcdad: 12:42am On Dec 19, 2012
Nice 1
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by REVOLUTNIS: 1:00am On Dec 19, 2012
Avoid boko haram Territory. Visit orphanage homes. Avoid drinking with strangers and in the public. Don't touch another man's wife. Don't sex without condom. Avoid village and cheap girls they are dangerous. Don't go visiting ur Ex-. Don't travel by air if u ever spoke evil against pastors with private jets in this mixed multitude forum, the plane might crash and u die. Don't visit babalawo and witchdoctors. Settle every dispute at the family level and FORGIVE every Nigerian include president Jonathan and his annoying wife. Visit ur pastor for prayers and spiritual blessings before embarking on ur journey. Expect another surprise from president Jonathan on January 1st.

7 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by dljbd1(m): 1:20am On Dec 19, 2012
ok, points taken
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by peruso: 1:37am On Dec 19, 2012
simon gonner: is there any gift for 1st comments?

My point exactly what's this stupidity with being the first to comment?
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by talktrue1(m): 2:33am On Dec 19, 2012
- The general rule is "NEVER" attempt to run
- DO NOT resist or panic, just stay calm and cooperate
- AVOID eye-to-eye contact with the assailants, but respond to instructions and questions calmly.
- Don't make sudden movements without first seeking their permission - e.g. unfastening your seat belt as they may
misconstrue your intention
- Implore them not to use their weapons as you will cooperate fully

Thanks for the info but were you on police uniform before.

- If you have a Jeep, always send somebody to check round the compound before you drive out
- Use your mirror anytime you are making a U-turn
- Always lock your gate/door immediately you enter

But more importantly, be prepared for any surprise package from GEJ.
Fill your tank on 31st Dec, not minding the cost.
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by InvertedHammer: 3:57am On Dec 19, 2012
Too many rules....I am better off keeping away.

All these wahala for just 1 week oringo..God forbid bad thing.

Na person wey river see, na im e dey swallow.

Person wey dey go Afghanistan nefa prepare reach like this o!
cool

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by otss(m): 4:49am On Dec 19, 2012
...'if d Lord keeps nt d house, they dat du labour in vain'... , every month is dsame, but yelutide period is taggd evil bcoz of our ungodly ambition. Fear God and keep His laws dats y u are creatd. Hapi xmas nd new yr in advance NLDERS

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by realsammie(m): 5:28am On Dec 19, 2012
avoid excess meat. if u must eat meat, get this aboki stuff call ' DEBINO' ( dnt knw the name in English ).
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Akaraiwe(m): 6:04am On Dec 19, 2012
It's Festive Season, "Ember Months" Accidents take seconds to happen but the suffering last a life timesad. HELMETS and CONDOMS should be worn on appropriate HEADSwink during the respective RIDES, especially on VEHICLES that don't belong to you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Uceegal: 6:04am On Dec 19, 2012
These principals plenty oo,I pray I go remember them all,or beta still,I wl use my head,evry wia n evry tym. Anyway tanx @ OP
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 19, 2012
sagytarius™:
In addition to the TRAVEL SECURITY TIPS, Always lock the four doors once you're in the vehicle. (Especially when you're in a crowded Traffic Jam). If possible, wind up if you got your AC working fine.)

Safe journey y'all, and Merry Xmas in Advance.

Also if you are driving long distance, make sure your car (including tyres) is road-safe to avoid making emergency stops in the middle of nowhere.

Stay safe people
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by simongonner: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2012
peruso:

My point exactly what's this stupidity with being the first to comment?
bro d tin tire me o
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by vin4ever(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2012
Nice 1, on point. . Na person wei wan form bros, e go set 4 his head na!
Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by Chongaiman: 7:27am On Dec 19, 2012
realsammie: . . .this aboki stuff call ' DEBINO' ( dnt knw the name in English ).
Dates

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guinness Record: Woman With Longest Fingernails (photos) / *~365NaijaNews Voted Entertainment Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Omg!see Policeman Runs Into Wall After Getting Distracted By Toples Nud,e Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.