Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,426 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students (23395 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by ijawkid(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2012
I had always wanted to attend a school outside the niger delta region............here in the niger delta you'll never hear such news about 78 persons making 1st class in any of the universities(federal/ state)........the lecturers are so wicked and would barely encourage hard work............they just love seeing industrious students fail instead of supporting them to achieve there goals...........smh!!!!......

OAU I hail ona!!!!.........
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by elobros: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
Them dey share am. Why e come be like say na pure water dem dey sell
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Dubemkelly(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
WORD!!! D deserved stds shud be awarded nd not talking so much abt deir success...Its indeed a welcome development
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Dstar4u(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
Jarus:
Alright thanks. It's not the person I thought.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by tomakint: 5:36am On Dec 21, 2012
chess guru:
Not been 2 d ife campus, but d uniport main campus (abuja campus) is really cool though.
guy u need 2 visit OAU, indeed the campus is a model for real academic scenario with a natural beauty. Right from road 1 you are suddenly presented with d football pitch on ur left and d imposing senate building overlooking d motion ground 2 ur right d rest is 4rm there. I did mgt & acct in OAU! oau no get rival esp in their academics pursuits, kudos 2 those guys! cool
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2012
I greet all Great Ife in the house.

I did not even know they convocated such impressive number of 1st class holders , and i was in school throughout and i never did attend ! Shame on me. Congrats to the students. They deserve it.

It's only those who have not been to OAU who can say perhaps the system is favourable to make good grade there. When you get in there, you find out that it's certainly not the case. The School attracts quite brilliant students who can scale the obstacle, not minding the height it's raised . You just have to give it to them.

I'm a Part 3 Maths student there and others here can bear witness to the genius of lecturers we 've got in there. Dr. Layeni teaches me a lot of courses and it's never been any less difficult.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by STENACO: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
godstino: U R D BIGGEST AWARENESS-SEEKING MAD MAN I AV EVER SEEN..imagin u calling an institution mad cos u cant make a first class and therefore resolved it is impossible to attain..
#FOOL.

2nd class lower in my school can compete with those so called first class students you are talking about. The rate in which all these yoruba univerisities gives first class still baffles me
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
STENACO: .

2nd class lower in my school can compete with those so called first class students you are talking about. The rate in which all these yoruba univerisities gives first class still baffles me

Pray tell me d name of ur skul & its ranking.
A 1st class 4rm OAU would prove his mettle anywhere in d world.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by godstino(m): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2012

jst name the damn school and let see wat they v got if not 'poos'...
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
dayokanu:

I be Chemical Engineer oo

My department has always produced the best graduating students in OAU

From Prof Ohanomah, to Simeon Adeponle to Ahmed Shittu to Deju Akere, to Tope Ajetunmobi

So you are a college graduate shocked shocked shocked
Wonders shall never cease
For real or you settled your teachers one by one and they gave you a certificate?
Who knew ?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by tomakint: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
Baby mama:

So you are a college graduate shocked shocked shocked
Wonders shall never cease
For real or you settled your teachers one by one and they gave you a certificate?
Who knew ?
grin grin grin you sef see am so? i was just wondering how visiting a university to chill out with friends can b tantamount to graduating! chemical engineering ko, chemical reaction ni! wao Babymama u really cracked me up wit dat cheesy cheesy
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by STENACO: 5:36am On Dec 25, 2012
wkid:

Pray tell me d name of ur skul & its ranking.
A 1st class 4rm OAU would prove his mettle anywhere in d world.

My schoole is North west University South Africa. So what do you have to say?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2012
The rate in which all these yoruba univerisities gives first class still baffles me
STENACO:

If ur school is in S/A why do u hv 2 condemn yoruba schools u know nothing about?
What do u know about nigerian universities? Who's ever heard of ur school b4? What do u know bout d rigorous stress OAU students go thru? U sit wit ur big fat ass in S/A & argue bout things u know nothing of.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
STENACO:

He could not even spell simple school, yet he studies in SA. Who knows what they teach them there .

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by SBabaJ(m): 5:29am On Dec 27, 2012
STENACO:

The School Is Not In The Top 5, When You Get Into Pretoria, Wits Or Cape Town, You Can Return Here And Your Words Will Be Taken Seriously. For Now, Just Maintain Your Peace.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by seanet01: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2013
STENACO:

"SCHOOLE"
See Professor of English Language.
Those who live in Glass house don't throw what?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by McYel(m): 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
dady12: third class in some institution is more than 1st class in many nigeria instution,in this days you can see many student bribing their way thru,so dont be surprise about this,some lecturals in some school frustrate sharp student who refuse to give them money, anyway, i wish all those guys success in their job hurting
. You can say that again! I graduated with first class too and I know there may be some who, naturally, are more intelligent than I but couldn't make first class due to one factor or the other. Moreover, it pains me a lot that fake results/certificates flood our educationalp/academic arena nowadays! Well, we know corruption has manuoevered it's way into our educational system but the truth of a pudding is in the eating! We should "keep our certificates aside" and delve into test of abilities, for injustice plays a great role in our systems today. In fact, at times I count it a misfortune for me to be in this nation where truth abates always! Well, we'll not stop to prove to the world that God gives wisdom, knowledge, power and understanding and that, at least, He's given some of us intelligence-we're not boasting but we're confessing the work of God in men, and which is by His Grace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by McYel(m): 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
dady12: third class in some institution is more than 1st class in many nigeria instution,in this days you can see many student bribing their way thru,so dont be surprise about this,some lecturals in some school frustrate sharp student who refuse to give them money, anyway, i wish all those guys success in their job hurting
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Steve74(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
datola: Ife operates a rigorous academic system that makes you pass through the school and the school passes through you.

Great Ife, Africa's most beautiful campus!
You are so fucking self-conceited to say Ife is Africa's most beautiful campus!! You kidding me? Yet the school is not even rated among first 5000 universities in the world amongst which you sure will find so many South African and Egyptian universities. Your level of exposure is abysmally low. You live in a circumscribed world, where the most beautiful place you seem to have set foot on is your rustic Ife university thrown away into the jungles of Africa! You sound like someone dispatched from the Amazon jungles or Koma village straight to Ife, hence your aesthetics sense is so un-eveloved. Little wonder you think the place prettier than heaven! Your world is such a prison with impossible bars!!!!! That's the tragic thing Ife has done to you VILLAGER and many of your fellow closed-minded Ife graduates! Anyway I'm an AKOKITE...
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Steve74(m): 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
tomakint:
guy u need 2 visit OAU, indeed the campus is a model for real academic scenario with a natural beauty. Right from road 1 you are suddenly presented with d football pitch on ur left and d imposing senate building overlooking d motion ground 2 ur right d rest is 4rm there. I did mgt & acct in OAU! oau no get rival esp in their academics pursuits, kudos 2 those guys! cool
Speak of what you know dummy. You don't know what is happening in other institutions....
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by KENNSAMMY(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
come n see wizards that are awarded the 'fist class", gou back to "ilorin' compare n contrast, then reason for a few minutes...undoubtedly, u will mute. sad
nass07: Universty of Ilorin dn't dish out first class in this magnitude. You sweat a great deal to achieve it. Well, I dnt know much about OAU's 78 first class graduates- may be people should comment on this first before I say further!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Gcool2(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
U think say oau na bean,2 scale thru,u go read ur eyes go commot 4 socket.talking bout dashing first class

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by SterlingTowers(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Steve74:
You are so fucking self-conceited to say Ife is Africa's most beautiful campus!! You kidding me? Yet the school is not even rated among first 5000 universities in the world amongst which you sure will find so many South African and Egyptian universities. Your level of exposure is abysmally low. You live in a circumscribed world, where the most beautiful place you seem to have set foot on is your rustic Ife university thrown away into the jungles of Africa! You sound like someone dispatched from the Amazon jungles or Koma village straight to Ife, hence your aesthetics sense is so un-eveloved. Little wonder you think the place prettier than heaven! Your world is such a prison with impossible bars!!!!! That's the tragic thing Ife has done to you VILLAGER and many of your fellow closed-minded Ife graduates! Anyway I'm an AKOKITE...

Na beef go kill you, Ife ranking in the world is 1113 and 10th in Africa by webometrics not that I am overtly and excessively proud of that but Ife is at least about 1500 points ahead of Unilag on the ranking.So much for the so evolved aesthetic sense of yours and frigging mind your spelling next time.Greatest Ife

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by SterlingTowers(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Steve74:

Na beef go kill you, Ife ranking in the world is 1113 and 10th in Africa by webometrics recent ranking not that I am overtly and excessively proud of that but Ife is at least about 1500 points ahead of Unilag on the ranking.So much for the so evolved aesthetic sense of yours and frigging mind your spelling next time. Bugg off and go clean something of mine. Greatest Ife
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by 73ch8055m8(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
wkid:
About 8 of dose 1st klass students came 4rm my dept (electronic & electrical engineering). Our H.O.D (Prof Oladipupo Osasona) was infuriated when he saw dat about 15 of dem were 2 graduate with 1st klass. So dey gave sm students about 2Es in their final yr results. I know of sm of d 2:1s dat had CGPAs of 4.48 & so on. Dose set were so brilliant dat we all suffer till nw cos of dem (Lecturers always complaining & comparing us with dem).

Talk bout Pol Sci. & lots of oda depts where u'll never c any 1st klass. U'll have lecturers saying "A is for God, B is for my family, C is for brilliant students". A visiting lecturer 4rm Unilag in English Dept was told to reduce d grades of his results because d no of pple who had an A were too much according to OAU standard. So many oda tins happen also.

So all dose 1st klass students deserved it.

P.S: Sorry for the shorthand, I'm typing with a mobile phone.

This is not entirely true. I was part of that class (Electronic and Electrical Engr, 2012). The number of students that graduated with first class in elect/elect is more than 15. It was never downgraded to 8. I know because I was one of those that finished with first class in the class. Yes, it is true some finished with 4.48, (4.49 maybe too) but its impossible for the school to do much damage to CGPA in the final semester. It is true that there was tension at the time about the number of first class grads from elect/elect and for some, the final semester results were brutal (I can't say it was deliberate, could only speculate) but there isn't really much damage that could be done again.

I can tell you categorically, that the class earned it. It wasn't given. It was just a special class. The two best students (yes two, matching CGPA) in the school that year were from elect/elect. We had many great students that didn't even make the first class (some won major competition in their secondary school days). The secret of our success is team work. Their is a class that worked together and there in lies the secret to their success.

And BTW, these are not just the book type first class (at least not all of them). There are bad-asses; makers, coders, very pragmatic guys who can translate theory into something useful. One of them worn a national programming contest (as undergrad) where software companies even contested. And today, a number of them (not just the 1st class) are doing great things.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by 73ch8055m8(m): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
McYel:
. You can say that again! I graduated with first class too and I know there may be some who, naturally, are more intelligent than I but couldn't make first class due to one factor or the other. Moreover, it pains me a lot that fake results/certificates flood our educationalp/academic arena nowadays! Well, we know corruption has manuoevered it's way into our educational system but the truth of a pudding is in the eating! We should "keep our certificates aside" and delve into test of abilities, for injustice plays a great role in our systems today. In fact, at times I count it a misfortune for me to be in this nation where truth abates always! Well, we'll not stop to prove to the world that God gives wisdom, knowledge, power and understanding and that, at least, He's given some of us intelligence-we're not boasting but we're confessing the work of God in men, and which is by His Grace!

Ife is not the place where you bribe you way through. I doesn't just happen. They don't even buy handout. YOU CAN"T BRIBE YOUR WAY THROUGH even if you are VC's son. While I might agree certificate is not a test of ability, I would ask what other way is ability meant to be tested in an academic institution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre / 9 Same Yoruba Words But Different Meanings / Covenant University Sets Aside N4 Billion For International Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.