Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 (8442 Views)

Ikirun-Osun Bank Robbery: Police Arrest 4 Suspects (Photos) / Armed Robbery Going On In Ikirun, Osun Days After Bloody Attack / Pics: Ikirun Armed Robbery Scene (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by PaulJohn1: 2:47am On Dec 20, 2012

Written by  Oluwole Ige-Osogbo Thursday, 20 December 2012

BARELY five days to Christmas, heavily armed robbers, on Wednesday, stormed a a new generation bank in Ikirun township, headquarters of Ifelodun Local Government Area of Osun State, killing at least two unidentified persons, while about five individuals sustained varied degrees of injury.

Our correspondent authoritatively gathered that the hoodlums, who laid siege to the bank, operated unhindered for about 30 minutes, as the security agents attached to the bank could not repel them.

Sources informed the Nigerian Tribune that the armed robbers, numbering about six, stormed the Ikirun branch of the bank at about 4.00p.m when the bank was rounding off its financial transactions for the day and were able to make away with undisclosed sums of cash.

The development, which caused pandemonium around the area where the bank is located, forced many people to scamper to safety, with a view to avoiding being hit by stray bullets of the armed robbers.

Another source added that after scaring the customers waiting to make withdrawals from the ATM away, they subsequently gained entry into the banking hall, where they allegedly carted away undisclosed sums of money.

A top officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), who declined to disclose his identity, told our correspondent that they had to divert  drivers plying the Ikirun-Inisha road so that they would not run into the scene of the robbery.

When contacted, the  Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Osun State police command,  Mrs Folashade Odoro, confirmed the incident to newsmen, but said they were still waiting for reports on the actual number of victims of the robbery, saying the state command of the police had deployed police officers to the town to calm the situation.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1472-armed-robbers-on-rampage-in-osun-kill-2-injure-5
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by PaulJohn1: 2:51am On Dec 20, 2012
cry cry
Was like 3KM away from the banks(skye & First Bank) when it took place
RIP to the dead(3 actually) cry
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by plendil: 4:29am On Dec 20, 2012
abeg make Christmas do and finish make pesin hear word.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2012
Police collect there own share,for 30 minute operation u didn't burst in?Nd now u people started arrestin innocent citizen,heartless women.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Tolexander: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2012
ya, around 5pm yesterday, my friend just called me when she was comming from her school, osun state polytechnic, iree that she was in the bus in ikinrun and things were brutal there cos of the armed robbers robbing a newly built first bank and another bank around it. She told me the time diffrence between where they are and the scene is not up to a minute explaining haw people were shot and the ensued commotion.
But thank God nothing happened to her. And i sympathize with the victim
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by PaulJohn1: 7:11am On Dec 20, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Police collect there own share,for 30 minute operation u didn't burst in?Nd now u people started arrestin innocent citizen,heartless women.

That part is incorrect. I was in Ikirun yesterday and I'll say those officers tried. They faced those robbers even with their sub standard guns.
If you know the type of guns those peeps were carrying you wouldn't have typed what's up there.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Tolexander: 10:21am On Dec 20, 2012
Paul John:

That part is incorrect. I was in Ikirun yesterday and I'll say those officers tried. They faced those robbers even with their sub standard guns.
If you know the type of guns those peeps were carrying you wouldn't have typed what's up there.
john paul wetin dey naw? Hope u were nt affected
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by PaulJohn1: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
Tolexander: john paul wetin dey naw? Hope u were nt affected
Naa at all. Thanks for you concern.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by heroofnigeria: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
NA WA OH!@

Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by bjjbam: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
This is terrible!
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by ujukala: 2:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Do they know it's Christmas?
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by slimming: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
They are now attacking Banks in local town rather before where they come to the main capital.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by brownlord: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
Kai na my town of servic be that o
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by atuboweke(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
NORTH - BOKO HARAM
SOUTH EAST/SOUTH SOUTH - KIDNAPPING/419/DRUG
SOUTH WEST - ARMED ROBBERY/JUJU

which is better?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by amiskurie(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mehnnnn,they raped ma hometown.DAMN!!
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by duni04(m): 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
atuboweke: NORTH - BOKO HARAM

which is better?
Ur wrong
SOUTH WEST- ARMED ROBBERS FROM SOUTH EAST

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by dederocs(m): 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
our police are a waste,we should militarize our security apparatus,our police is a waste of public funds.scared mofos.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by dederocs(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
ujukala: Do they know it's Christmas?
WHAT IS CHRISTMAS?
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Decryptor(m): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
SOUTH EAST/SOUTH SOUTH - KIDNAPPING/419/DRUG BY YORUBASTARDS WHO COME TO THE SOUTH EAST

SOUTH WEST - ARMED ROBBERY/JUJU/RAPEEEE/TOUTISM
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Napolitano(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Good job by the FRSC officer. Imagine the PPRO just waiting to get the robbery report than take action when it was hot!!!
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by billionman: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
brownlord: Kai na my town of servic be that o

O boy that was where I served too. It's like Ikirun do have at least one tragic incident every year. May the souls of the departed RIP.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Ikwerefistson: 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
duni04:
Ur wrong
SOUTH WEST- ARMED ROBBERS FROM SOUTH EAST
guy stop decevng ur sf west startd armd robery nd up til date dy re d highest in bank robery 419 nd treasury loting.shameles pepl
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Ikwerefistson: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2012

which is better?
my man xmas don reach oil soup must be upgraded wit shaki,kpanla,round abot,fuku,eado,nd toso
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
Paul John:

I don't think he talking about those officers stationed at the bank.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by yommyuk: 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nigeria we hail thee. The motherland is progressing by the day. wink
What a good indicator to come and invest.
Rubbish
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Smartjeezy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Wetin S.A.S-swift action squard dey do now?dem go chop?
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by nikky5(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
dem be omon na preparing to go and show dat dey have arrived during d yelutide.ne dem dem.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by stantob(m): 6:30am On Dec 21, 2012
What is this all about? UNEMPLOYMENT AND GREED.
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by PastorAji(m): 6:37am On Dec 21, 2012
Our own was some minutes away, we're forced to shut down and FLEEEEEEEEE.
But there's an adage in my language "b'iku ile o ba pa'ni, t'ode o le pa'ni" (literally 'if there is no enemy WITHIN, the OUTSIDE ONE cannot succeed) ;DOur own was some minutes away, we're forced to shut down and FLEEEEEEEEE.
But there's an adage in my language "b'iku ile o ba pa'ni, t'ode o le pa'ni" (literally 'if there is no enemy WITHIN, the OUTSIDE ONE cannot succeed)
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by annie7(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2012
What is wrong wit dis armed robbers and my 1stbank.d bank is jst 2month old dier,na wa o
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ekeresimesi
O-robbers
Re: Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 by thegame(m): 12:54am On Dec 26, 2012
I find it hard to believe robbers would successfully invade any place talkless of banks in osun state at the moment with the way sas operatives, a combined team of policemen, mobile policemen and soldiers have been patrolling. I guess they've been relenting or busy harassing innocent civilians that aren't well dressed rather than focus fully on security.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Okays Death Penalty For Cultists, Terrorists / Most Trending Nude Pictures On Social Media Now / EFCC Arraigns Man for Defrauding Pensioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.