Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? (13434 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / President Buhari Bows To Pressure, Relaunch Jonathan’s Youwin Programme / What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by dulphines: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
Xyzee: Hello house,

I'm a very regular poster in this section but am so worried.

I started looking for job since January and it appears God is about to give me one in a good bank when after all the interviews I was called for medicals.

During Medicals, my BP rose to 155/81 and the doctor rechecked, this time even rising higher to 150/100. I did some other blood, urine, HIV and general body tests. Can I be disqualified because of this high blood pressure?

Moderator, please help me to the front page. Thank you.

XYZEE, i see you tried to contact me. I just sent a message to your google email.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Jaygrl(f): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
Its possible U̶̲̥̅̊ might nt be given d job on d basis of u̶̲̅я HBP.Banking Iڪ a very stressful job and increase in blood pressure Iڪ often times triggered by stress.They wldn't want 2 give d job to a known hypertensive individual.It Iڪ also possible your blood pressure rose as a result of anxiety...jst keep praying sha,prayers can do all things...
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Ninapha(f): 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Then you should be fine (I guess)..

Do you have a history though?! That would be the deciding factor. If yes, then I cant tell, if no, then you should be fine..
. What do u mean by 'HISTORY' COS AM SURE ITS NOT A GENETIC PROBLEM. WHATEVER BANKN JOBS CAN EVEN GIVE U HIGH BP, RELAX AND TAE A PERSONAL EVALUATION IN ANOTHER CLINIC. BY D WAY SO MANY BRANCHES HAVE KITS AND U CHECK URSELF BEFORE EVEN STARTN D SAY'S JOB. U ARE EMPLOYED JOOR. LOL.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by kaposky(f): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
In some cases it may screen you out it all depends on the company involved.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ninapha: . What do u mean by 'HISTORY' COS AM SURE ITS NOT A GENETIC PROBLEM. WHATEVER BANKN JOBS CAN EVEN GIVE U HIGH BP, RELAX AND TAE A PERSONAL EVALUATION IN ANOTHER CLINIC. BY D WAY SO MANY BRANCHES HAVE KITS AND U CHECK URSELF BEFORE EVEN STARTN D SAY'S JOB. U ARE EMPLOYED JOOR. LOL.

HISTORY

Is she hypertensive?!

Is it a normal occurence for her blood pressure to be high?!

It has nothing to do with genetics..
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by ujukala: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
Yes. It will. But, God can see you through. Read up the interviews tips on our website. Build your self confidence and have faith.
Judinho59: Definitely!!!
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Wallie(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
Actually, I don't think the result is that bad as it doesn't yet require medication but you should watch what you eat because you probably have mild stage hypertension. I think stress made your result jump higher the second time around but your first result was still high. The first time might have been exacerbated by caffeine, lack of sleep, foods etc.

Mild Stage
140-160 / 90-100 mmHg

Moderate stage
160-180 / 100-110

Severe stage
180-210 / 110-120

You don die but still walking stage
210-230 / 120-140

*Disclaimer - I no be doctor o... you should be talking to a doctor.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by phemieojelabi: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2012

I started looking for job since January and it appears God is about to give me one in a good bank when after all the interviews I was called for medicals.

During Medicals, my BP rose to 155/81 and the doctor rechecked, this time even rising higher to 150/100. I did some other blood, urine, HIV and general body tests. Can I be disqualified because of this high blood pressure?

I was 1ce in dat shoe mine was reading 162/95 dey were even lookin @ cardiovascular Dr,Bt with d Help of God n my Dr some drugs were prescribe dough dey work bt LATER it persist.Den i was let 2 undastand dat it all on me.My advice! Anything dat can make u think put dem off and try 2 listen 2 all dis jokes n comedy stuff it help u CRACK ya rib.OF ALL PRAY.
God is my wittiness rite nw i work with bank dat said dey can't take me cos of H-BP then!
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by kaypaw: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
If they would be employing you as a marketer, I advice you quit.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Alamutatalo: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
Medical test is not meant to screen potential employess,it's meant to give your employer an idea of your health status for your file.Ur medical report is considered before decisions are made on issues like relocating and change of functions.HBP will not stop ur employment,infact even HIV cannot stop ur being employed cos no organization worth it's name wants to be seen as dicriminating.Relax and try to watch ur diet and take things easy.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by idupaul: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
A systolic of one 151 and a dystolic 81 is clearly a case of anxiety and is even medically considered with the range of a perfect rate.. U are clearly tensed by the prospect of what if I am not employed .. U are not hypertensive my friend

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by dapachez: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Depending on the nature of the job though i doubt it would be as a standard. Your blood pressure being high could be associated with a myriad of conditions from anxiety,to systemic conditions like high cholesterol level to tumours and even kidney problems,but take note a one off high blood pressure doesnt make you to be hypertensive( there is what you call essential hypertension) so relax my guy and take good care of your health. Let me share an experience i went for a job interview though its in the medical line and mt bp was 170/100 and i knew it was as a result of the stress i have been through in the last couple of months but i was made toi undergo all the necessary test from chilesterol to urinalysis,ECG,ultra sound scan and all came out well but meanwhile i was given the job,started work self before i did this additional test and am still there and my bp is normal
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Adebeeyee(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
Op, i was employed and have been working in a bank since 2009 despite the fact that my BP was high when i went for medicals. You will be employed but will be advised on how to manage it.

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Xyzee: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
I really want to appreciate everyone for the wonderful pieces of advice I got here. I'm positive that I would be called. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Inova(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2012

Guy honestly I will just tell you to calm down. When I read your post, it immediately reminded me of the exact carbon copy of the same experience which I also had. Wen I was called foe medicals by the bank I was told my BP was high and immediately began to panic. But at last I was granted my offer letter. This is my 5th year there. Don't let it bother you. Its just for their records and not as a means to disqualify you. However try and get medical assistance to get dat BP down bro.

3 Likes

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by geeez: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
Its very unlikely that they will disqualify you for having an elevated blood pressure. They will assess your other test results to ensure there's no auto immune disease of life threatening condition causing your blood pressure to rise. Something as simple blood and urine tests can tell so much about your state of health. As a matter of fact, should you even be HIV positive, an employer should under no circumstance deny you employment for 80-90% of jobs

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by afolabisegun(m): 12:23am On Dec 21, 2012
I am Not sure, But You Just Have To Be Your self, If You Think You Are saved. when the true picture of yours is out you might loose the Job

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by wengerjay(m): 2:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Jaygrl: Its possible U̶̲̥̅̊ might nt be given d job on d basis of u̶̲̅я HBP.Banking Iڪ a very stressful job and increase in blood pressure Iڪ often times triggered by stress.They wldn't want 2 give d job to a known hypertensive individual.It Iڪ also possible your blood pressure rose as a result of anxiety...jst keep praying sha,prayers can do all things...
Even,giving a target when u eventually get job can worsen the high bp.Almost 80percent of these bank workers are hypertensive.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by claremont(m): 2:19am On Dec 21, 2012
You didn't indicate your age. Age alone plays a role in pre-determining your ideal blood pressure range.

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by yommy2sure(m): 6:21am On Dec 21, 2012
Yeah..it happened in all my medicals too but I got.all the offfers.....relax....they will call.u....but u gat to be proactive and follow up on it...all the best

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by chemashie(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2012

here is what you need @ op
check our page @ www.facebook.com/NaijaMarketPlace or call 08034018955

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Xyzee: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Thanks. I got one last week.
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by profGinger: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Don't panic my elder bro had same issue when he went for a bank medical 2008 and his BP was even higher than yours but he was employed.No need to panic.

2 Likes

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by Xyzee: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
I want to thank you all for the brotherly advice you gave me during this moment of despair. I want to specially thank Dulphines who took out time to call me and prescribe a therapy that was very useful. I got the job and have since resumed.

7 Likes

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by ALHIDAYA: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
dulphines:

If u have a high BP, i know of a cheap permanent therapy that works in three days. It's an alternative medicine. Inbox me if you care. Doesn't cost a dime.

Please can I have your email ID? Would like you to help me with the said therapy please my brother. Thanks a lot. Here’s my mail: amabba7@gmail.com
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by superemmy(m): 6:52am On Sep 25, 2018
Xyzee:
I want to thank you all for the brotherly advice you gave me during this moment of despair. I want to specially thank Dulphines who took out time to call me and prescribe a therapy that was very useful. I got the job and have since resumed.

Were you eventually called bro cos I'm somehow in the same shoes?

1 Like

Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by afolayan92: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2019
I am in the same shoes right now

God should help me ooo
superemmy:

Were you eventually called bro cos I'm somehow in the same shoes?
Re: Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out?? by naf007: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
dulphines:

If u have a high BP, i know of a cheap permanent therapy that works in three days. It's an alternative medicine. Inbox me if you care. Doesn't cost a dime.

Bro, please I would love to know about this therapy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Got A Job Through Nairaland / FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Ascentech Services Limited Job Recruitment (18 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.