Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Flexbean: Netbeans Free Alternative To Flexbuilder In 10 Easy Steps! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Flexbean: Netbeans Free Alternative To Flexbuilder In 10 Easy Steps! (3168 Views)

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Rotating A Jlabel Using Netbeans / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flexbean: Netbeans Free Alternative To Flexbuilder In 10 Easy Steps! by Javanian: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
After downloading Flex SDK and documentation last week, I came to know about Adobe FlexBuilder, a commercial tool available from Adobe website to develop flex applications. I was really disappointed when i was not able to find even a single free alternativeto FlexBuilder. FlexBuilder is basically based upon eclipse and as soon as I came to know about it, I start wondering if something similar is available for NetBeans as well. And here it is. After some googling around, I found a plugin for NetBeans which would allow me to develop Flex Applications for free. Its pretty easy to install and configure. The only downsidebeing that it won’t give you code auto-complete feature. But anyways, as a beginner its good for me to write my own code instead of making bad habit of code to auto-complete. Below is a quick walkthrough of how I was able toinstall flex plugin into my NetBeans IDE in just 10 easy steps.

1. To download the FlexBean plugin, [url=http://sourceforge.net/projects/flexbean/files/FlexBean/1.1.1%20%28Win%2C%20Linux%2C%20Mac%29/org-netbeans-module-flexbean-1.1.1.nbm/download?use_mirror=nchc&use_mirror=nchc]click here[/url] .
2. Once downloaded, please start NetBeans IDE and click Tools >> Plugins
3. Now in “Plugins” dialog box select “Downloaded” Tab and click “Add Plugins…” button.
4. From “Add Plugins…” dialog please browse to the directory where you downloaded the flex bean plugin file and select it. Finally, click “Open” button to add the plugin to plugin list.
5. Now click “Install” button with FlexBean selected and you will be presented with a FlexBean installation wizard.
6. Click Next, accept the agreement, and finally click install to install the plugin in NetBeans.
7. Click finish and then close all the dialogs to return to NetBeans workbench.
8. To configure FlexBean plugin properly, it needs to know the location where the Flex SDK has been extracted. Click Tools >> Flex Platform.
9. From “Flex Platforms” dialog select"Add Platform…” Button and select the folder where you have extracted Flex SDK and click Next.
10. Finally, write a name of the platform in the next dialog and click Finish.

http://arpitsblog..in/2009/09/free-alternative-to-flexbuilder-in-10.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Flexbean: Netbeans Free Alternative To Flexbuilder In 10 Easy Steps! by javadoctor(m): 7:20am On Jan 28, 2013
Using flex is totally learning a new language.although I love their look and feel.I'm not sure I want to go outside the Java Circle.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Software Competition (nisscom) / Networking Vb Applications / Help !! - I Need A Book On Tkinter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.