Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL (2957 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / See The Airtime MTN Sent To A Nairalander / A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL by zoomzu(f): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dear Nairalander,

This is new to me, a friend sent me a an iphone through DHL, but on arriving Lagos, I received a call from DHL that it has been help by custom and have to pay 18,050 before it could be released for delivery to me. Below is the mail I got afterwards.

INBOUND SHIPMENTS
 Please find a Shipment Arrival Notification attached to this email. It is for your above shipment which arrived our facility in lagos. However, your shipment has been held by The Nigerian Customs Service for duty payment. The Duty amount to pay is attached
 Attached also to this email are directions for how to pay the duty amount now due.  For online transfer please indicate your waybill number in the description column.  +
We are compelled by the Nigerian Customs Law to hand any shipment over to the Nigeria Customs Service 28 days after the duty amount has been advised. Please make payment as quick as possible. as if we are unable to resolve the duty payment with you then we are compelled to comply with the law and hand the shipment over to customs authorities.
Should you have any questions concerning your shipment or the duties now due, please contact our Inbound Service Desk on 01-2700908
Thank you for choosing DHL

Best Regards
Re: Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL by Francheezy(m): 12:14am On Dec 22, 2012
ellmm...s0rrY,
Buh datz straNgE
Re: Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL by zoomzu(f): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2012
It's just only one phone
Re: Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL by amblors(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2012
Lol @ just only a phone. If u were importing a nokia torch fone u obviously won't pay import duty. They normally charge for phones that cost above a certain amount. That's the disadvantage of using courier Companies tho. If there's som1 u trust, always cheaper to give the person to bring over.
Re: Strange! Custom Duty For A Phone Sent Via DHL by zoomzu(f): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2012
amblors: Lol @ just only a phone. If u were importing a nokia torch fone u obviously won't pay import duty. They normally charge for phones that cost above a certain amount. That's the disadvantage of using courier Companies tho. If there's som1 u trust, always cheaper to give the person to bring over.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The New Elephone P5000 4.4kitkat Cheap Android / Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam / How To Transfer Money From Your Account To Another Account Using You Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.