Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release (8770 Views)

Nkiru Sylvanus' Hot New Look / Nkiru Sylvanus Says She Is Not Married / Oge Okoye's Husband & Nkiru Sylvanus Are Engaged? - Stella Dimokokorkus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by texazzpete(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2012
Wait, why the FRAG is that idiotic policeman announcing this?! Doesn't the fool know that this will only encourage more kidnappings...including more kidnapping of actors, celebrities and even Government commissioners?

Only in Nigeria!
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2012
See these imbecilic policemen talking about how Nkiru's family "defied" their warning. So they would have preferred that the ransom wasn't paid, so that Nkiru would be raped all through the Christmas period and thereafter her body dismembered and dumped in a shallow grave. . .while "investigations" continued? Mumu people.

Well, unless we prefer to kid ourselves, she was most likely serially r@ped, in turns. Even mere armed robbers operating for less than one hour often r@pe young/attractive female victims they encounter in houses/highways, let alone a young and attractive kidnap victim that was held in captivity for FIVE days in the midst of umpteen number of beasts in the middle of some thick forest? We certainly can't count on the morality or compassion of beasts that are hardened and heartless enough to be kidnappers, and this has nothing to do with pessimism. Let's get real.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2012
Thank God she's okay, and I don't think she was molested. God help us savage this

situation.....
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Just so you all know, I don't see anything funny in assuming Nkiru Sylvanus was molested on top of being kidnapped for a week. If you think it's funny, then let it be your sister, mother, wife, or daughter next and laugh away. She has been released and is unharmed as far as we know. Be grateful for her return and/or move onto another thread.

3 Likes

Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by AdoOloro(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2012
Pls don't touch Tonto Dike. Whoever tries it, I'll destroy their village with C4. No joke!
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by ogb5(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2012
omo_to_dun:

By broke, I meant abject wretchedness. Trust me, upon casting a glance at anyone in my clan, the kidnappers will be so moved that they would even donate some money to us.

You are richer than you think.

At least you have access to internet, that shows you are not at the bottom of the poverty ladder grin
If it ever happens, while I don't pray for it, you will come to NL to solicite for help to save your relative
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by YAHAYAJIBRIN(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2012
What iam saying in this issue of kidnapping people in this country is that the policemen that are seeing they are involved this business.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by IBEXY(m): 11:13am On Dec 22, 2012
All the people condoning this dastardly act should listen to this Sonny Okosun song and ask themselves the question therein.
What sort of country are we building for our children?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRryNzHOks?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315"[/flash]
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by dunmorris(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2012
Hmmmmm Good Biz The Seun +Moderators if man(kid)napped = Amount 15naira -Land grin grin
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by nairalady(f): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2012
Walexz02: Chai....omo ds biz dey pay o...i nid a partner asap
lol grin
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by MsOluchi: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
ogb5: The comments here make one wonder if nigerians really know what is happening to their country.

People are glorifying criminality.
very pathetic.

That young woman will bear the scare of this ordeal for the rest of her life. One will not be surprised if she commits suicide in the near future because of the experience.

Yet people are here online glorifying the crime.

She might just have been infected with HIV for no fault of hers

How does HIV come in did you hear that she was raped? that's how rumors will start spreading because of people like you.

1 Like

Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Sleek05(f): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Reference:

You'd be joking to expect more from Nigerians unless it affects them personally will they desire the right thing. That's why our society is like this, sliding to ignominy.

U took those words right outta my mouth. I smh @ many comments on this forum. People r so wicked and self-centred.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by ogb5(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ms_Oluchi:

How does HIV come in did you hear that she was raped? that's how rumors will start spreading because of people like you.

You are right.

No report that anything happened.

Just that people who are heartless enough to steal an adult (kidnapp) can go to any lenght, and I wouldn't really believe they are of noble upbringing to leave their captive alone.

My line of work and where I lived previously in Nigeria allowed me to meet some kidnap victims. The tales they tell at the end of the ordeal is not very palatable.
I advice you spend time with some victims if possible and know the ordeal they go through, then you will have a better picture.

FYI, even married women are not accorded the respect of being married in many cases, not to talk of unmarried folks.

This is a crime that the society really need to look into and fight the way it should be fought. Kidnapping is among the worst crime that can be commited against anyone.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by lumeneng22: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
sharp_shap: Na wa O! Una sure say na only 8 mill dem pay?
.Them no try? Some kidnappers dey even collect 50k.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by rhymz(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Guys abeg make una know the kind thing una go turn to joke and all those very wicked suggestive comments una dey here dey post. If you have a sister, mother, daughter, aunty, wife or even female friends, you will comment with restraint and just keep your suggestive conclusions to yourselves.

Our police is a fucking disgrace, what exactly is their intention of making such a silly statement to the public?
Are they trying to encourage other impressionable beasts to go into kidnapping? Na wa o.
The family did what they thought was best for their daughter, people should respect that and desist from making stoopid comments and suggestions.
Thank God she is out safe and sound. By the way, what about the other victim, Keneth Okoli, the former Mr Nigeria, was he also released alongside? This is very sadening and sickening to consider the length people will go to make money.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by ujukala: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thank God they paid the ransom. Wait for the police? It will take forever!
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by 2nedo(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
I just hope the police will apprehend the real criminals
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by VV2A(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
Abeg how these kidnappers dey take collect all this moni dem sef? no fit be bank. abi na by dropping? abeg if yu know make yu enlighten us for NL. Thnk you.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by camcor(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
NPF=0%
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by tutu1: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Please why cant they put a law to mark bills that are paid out for ransom so that they can be traced back. I really feel the banks have a bigger role to play in fishing out criminals, we do not need rocket science to spot overnight millionaires the Nigerian society is sleeping and the police are a part of this kidnapping problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by mamagee3(f): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
That's sad news!!!

Well, I pray that the kidnappers are caught!!!
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by dlight2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Reference:

You'd be joking to expect more from Nigerians unless it affects them personally will they desire the right thing. That's why our society is like this, sliding to ignominy.
. We should nt tag all nigerians to be pessimist,though I am amaze at some of uneducated bastards rejoicing on an issue like this.they are sadist clothed in moronism.oh ur fellow been?hmm
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by lion042(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Story Story
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Rhea(f): 5:23am On Dec 25, 2012
It would have been N16m if the police was involved in the negotiation.
Re: Nkiru Sylvanus' Kidnappers Were Paid N8 Million For Her Release by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2012
tutu1: Please why cant they put a law to mark bills that are paid out for ransom so that they can be traced back. I really feel the banks have a bigger role to play in fishing out criminals, we do not need rocket science to spot overnight millionaires the Nigerian society is sleeping and the police are a part of this kidnapping problem.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Accepts She's Being Possessed By Illuminati Demon Ramon / Amber Rose Finally Proves To The World That Her Behind Is Real [photos] / School Bullies Called Me A Whale...now I’m Top Model - (sexy Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.