Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Moon Man - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Moon Man (6080 Views)

Hunter's Moon / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden / The Moon Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
His eyes widened.

"You speak of things you saw not. I know what happened" she continued, "after watching the wall of thoughts, that which you call Television, you left for your room and your brother went outside. There he united with his Aura, that orb of transcluscent of blue of which you spoke. As expected, he arrived here on our moon. He who you called our leader, the one who spoke, Gezar, is the leader of the Watchers. I was the female your brother saw. The only female allowed to be with with the Watchers. Well when Ray came..."

"How... how did you know?"

"That you are not Ray?" she chuckled, "you would not understand, Khere"

"Who are you?" he asked bewildered.
He studied her. Under the influence of her own aura, he could see her clearly. She truly looked human, but for the long ears, large eyes, big feet and small teeth that showed everytime she spoke.

"I shall continue with my story" She decided, ignoring his question.

"When Ray arrived, he spurned Gezar, like he told you. He was not ready, so Gezar sent him back to the Earth to learn to glow from within.
I knew he needed help, I asked Gezar to teach him. He would not bulge. So I acted. I made him see what he saw on the wall of similar dimensions."

He looked confused. She noticed.

"Mirror, that is what you call it. You came in when he screamed. You are Khere the younger, not nearly as wise as Ray, Khere the deceitful. He told you everything, you believed nothing.
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
You are Khere the younger, not nearly as wise as Ray, but deceitful. He told you everything, you believed nothing.
Chai! I no fit laugh reach! Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
Re: Moon Man by oyestephen(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thumbs up....following
Re: Moon Man by purpinkx(m): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2013
Looks ... Disjointed
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
He told you everything, you believed nothing. Then he started to glow. That was me calling his Aura, that ball of blue which had become one with him. You believed when you saw him glow and were close enough when he teleported. I am not sure why it accepted you with him. That happens only when he, its owner allows it, but he was not in control. I was. When the both of you got here, he disappeared because you got freed from his aura. Without the aura, your eyes are unopened, and you lose consciousness. This is the moon, it has no gases you call atmosphere like in Terra."

"Wow". That was all he could say.

"I also know football, the craze of mankind. Your nation never played in the finals and is not nearly as good as you claim. I do recall Spain and a certain Netherlands in that Terra year of which you speak." she finished with a smirk.

He was speechless.

She smiled.
"You are welcome to the moon, the origin of worlds, the keeper of the Light. I am Thorna, daughter of the Moon Lord Ta-Theno."

"How is it you speak english" he wondered aloud, feeling exposed.

"Well, we speak all the languages of the universe. We are not the origin of worlds for nothing"

"You can't be serious. Do you know how many languages we have on earth?"

"6,856, and I know them all. You can call it advanced civilization. You see, our aura is the core of our existence. With it, we can hear or speak any language spoken by one birthed of the Light. With it, sunlight is all the sustenance we need. Without it, we become like you."

"Wait, you go fit speak, pidgin?" he cut in.
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 11:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
U dey delay! But what can I say? Fire dey go!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by oyestephen(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nice...pidgin on the moon ?
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
oyestephen: Nice...pidgin on the moon ?
grin na so we see am o. What do you think?
Sorry for the break. Offline commitments.
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2013

"Wait, you go fit speak, pidgin?" he cut in.

"Why not? I fit speak every language wey you know"

"Oh my God! That is creepy. Lets speak english only" he urged.

she smiled her acquiescence

"Please tell me where my brother is" Khere pleaded.

"I shall show you"

She stretched her hands, facing him her glow brightened as a beam of light from her palms struck his head.

"I shall make you one with him. I shall make you see through his eyes and live his thoughts. Close your eyes."

"wait, how?"

"Just close your eyes".

Like a movie, it played in his head, his eyes shut.

Ray gasped as Khere dropped to the ground. He was uncertain what the time was. He could still see the sun and stars in the sky. Moments ago, his brother gazed at him with mocking eyes, setting ablaze his story in the furnace of doubt. Then he blazed again. It was the second time and he was not any closer to understanding how he did it. Like the first time, he appeared here... This time, with his twin.

"Why did you bring him with you?" he heard a female voice. No it was not from behind him. He was sure he had heard it in his head. He turned around and saw her. The same female he had seen earlier. He made no effort to reply her.

"He cannot survive here. He has no aura" She stated as she moved toward the now unconscious Khere and engulfed him in her aura.

"Why do I keep coming here?" He querried.

"Because we keep calling you."

"You sent me back the last time. I still do not understand who you... ermmm... people are and what you want..."

"Many things Ray", she cut in, "many things you must yet know. The one of whom the Scrolls of Time speaks shall be a saviour of worlds"

he stared blankly and blinked rapidly.

She sighed and closed her eyes as her glow increased in intensity. As if on cue, another of her kind appeared, male like the others he had seen earlier. He faced her and they both began glowing rythmically just like fireflies. He stopped and went down on one knee, his head bowed. She nodded and he rose.

She spoke, facing Ray.
"He shall take you to Tiragus the keeper of the Scrolls. There you shall find the knowledge you seek"

"Are you their queen or something?"

She smiled.
"I am Thorna, daughter of Moon Lord Ta-Theno, guardian of our race. Be on your way now"

Ray glanced at the male figure that stood nearby and caught his gaze. He was starting to look impatient and had his eyes fixed on Ray.

Slowly, he made his way toward the creature of the moon.
"Wait, what about my brother?" he asked as he paused and turned around.

"He's safe with me"

2 Likes

Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2013
After what seemed like eternity, they finally reached there. The journey, yes journey, was long and silent and Ray hated it. The moonman he followed seemed not to know how to talk, completely ignoring the many questions he hurled at him. A dumb creature perhaps?

Once, his guide disappeared completely behind a pillar of nothing, leaving Ray stranded momentarily. Seeing that Ray did not take any step further, the guide's face soon reappeared, half of it, like a man peeping at a woman in his neighbour's bathroom.

It was the way buildings were made on the moon, invisible along with anyone in it, to the ordinary eye.

"How did they do this?" Ray wondered aloud. The guide looked at him, and said nothing. It was beginning to irritate.

After they continued for a while, his guide stopped and glowed. It seemed to be some sort of telepathic communication. A few metres away, another man stepped out from behind another invisible barrier, a pillar or wall. He was short compared to the other moonmen, very short, he looked to be no more than 4 feet tall. He had long white beards and a narrow strip of hair extending from front to back on the middle of the head.
The guide bowed his head and stepped aside.

"At last he arrives!" the short moonman exclaimed, looking at Ray the way the winner of a raffle draw would look at his ticket the moment the number on it is announced.

He did not wait for any response. He continued.
"Come inside, I must show you something"

"Inside?" Ray was puzzled and rightly so. He could see nothing else around. Besides the short man and the guide.

"Ahah! You have not mastered your aura, it seems" the short man exclaimed, "I am Tiragus, guardian of the Scroll of Light and the Stepping Stone. You should come inside."

With that he held his hands and pulled him along. When he stopped, Ray looked around. It was no different from where they had stood moments ago.

"I see confusion in your eyes" Tiragus spoke, looking up at Ray. "The aura is the core of our existence, just as light is the very essence of reality. Control light and you can control reality".

"I thought that was time, the fourth dimension" Ray objected. He had always been the best science student in his class, but he had never been proud of it, until now.

Tiragus smiled and shook his head.
"Offspring of Huu-mann, you have been away too long. You see, light energy is the very essence of our universe. The earliest form of energy that existed and the only one that has always been. We call it the Light Eternal, the ONE. To it we owe our existence, all beings of the universe... Well, almost all. Control light energy in its purest form, and you have limitless power".

"I... I do not understand"

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by Tovot: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2013
nice but i dnt understand the latter part of it,that aura and light?
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2013
Tovot: nice but i dnt understand the latter part of it,that aura and light?
thanks... The 'aura' as used here is a sort of energy field that surrounds the wielder, and radiates from within at will, it is predominantly light energy that may be visible to others.
Re: Moon Man by Shugamania(f): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
*subscribing*

Why the break?
Re: Moon Man by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2013
O-my-God! This guy is gifted. GIFTED!

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by Sabretooth1(m): 9:36am On Feb 18, 2013
Not bad. Sci-fi is my thing.
*suscribing*
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Shugamania: *subscribing*

Why the break?
em... The break was for... Uhmmm... *scratching head*
Needed to shapen the plot in my mind, plus offline commitments.

Sorry guys, and thanks for the patience.
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
"I...I do not understand."

"This should help you." The dimunitive man said offering him a scroll. "The Scroll of Light, the fountain of knowledge. He who seeks knowledge does not ignore the light."

With unsure hands, Ray accepted it. He did not need to open it. Brilliant beams burst forth from it and engulfed Ray, and together, they rose from the ground.

"It recognizes you!" Tiragus exclaimed, with a toothy grin taking over most of his lower face.

As Ray floated in mid-air, he stretched, bending backwards as light radiated from him also. He felt different, powerful, and he understood everything now. Everything he had wanted to know.

With eyes blazing, he saw everything. Huu-Mann had caused it, he had upset the balance, shut out the Light Eternal and the Nothing had been unleashed. Only one person could change it, one who was an offspring of Huu-Mann.

He knew what he needed to do. He knew what obstacles lay ahead of him. The rebel Watchers who had spurned the Moon Lord by going unsent to Terra aeons ago were still there. They had lived among men, and had been worshipped as gods. Ray knew it now, he knew they would be watching. They knew he would be coming, and they knew where the stones and bones were.

The light from the Scroll faded, but Ray hovered in the air for a moment before descending on his own. He looked around, he could see now. They were surrounded by walls that seemed liquid. It was as if he had always known this place, as if he had always been here in the Stronghold of Blazes.

"The rebel Watchers, they know, and you... you are a immortal wizard." Ray blurted before realizing he had meant to ask a question.

"No, I am but a moonman cursed with immortality until the portal is re-opened and Light Eternal blazes again. You must meet the Moon Lord and..." Tiragus fell silent.

"And what?"

"They are here!"

With that, Tiragus floated into the air and sped past the stronghold's entrance like a bullet. Ray followed swiftly. Floating at will seemed to come naturally to him, as if he had always known how to.

Outside, it was the same way it had always been. The sun was visible and so were the stars. But something else was beginning to cover up the sun, something dark.

"What is that" Ray wondered aloud.

"Aclythes..." Tiragus lectured him, "Beings of pure anti-matter, spawn from the Nothing as it spreads. They roam the universe, absorbing matter or getting absorbed. They come to the moon because this is where the portal of light is. Pure energy... It attracts them, and we do not have an atmosphere like Terra."

he paused.

"You have not mastered your aura, you are in danger out in the open."

"But..." Ray started to protest.

"Get back in!" Tiragus bellowed.

As Ray retreated slowly, he could see that other moonmen had come out now. Gezar was with them, Ray recognised him.

The Aclythes descended like a swarm of locusts.
Re: Moon Man by Mutaino7(m): 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
diz one no do atall bros. Gv ur guyz more 2 salivate about. We are entitled 2 regular and action packed update.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Picture Poem About Women! / Is This For Real? / Poetry Thread For 'short Witty Poetry' Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.