Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! (1985 Views)

Fighting Envy / Towards Moon-sighting, Not Moon-fighting In Nigeria. / Ending The Ramadan Moon Fighting In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2012

Sahl bin Sa’d narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “If the world to Allah were equal to a mosquito’s wing, then He would not allow the disbeliever to have a sip of water from it.”
[ Tirmidhi Book of Zuhd , Classed as Hasan]
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by Saluman(m): 3:11am On Dec 23, 2012
Please, forgive my ignorance but how is this not promoting intolerance towards the unbeliever?
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by tbaba1234: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2012
You are missing the point. Besides there is a difference between a kafir (disbeliever) n just any non Muslim.

A disbeliever is one who has been presented with Islam in its correct way and rejects it. Not all non Muslims are kafir.

The post is simply saying that if this world was worth anything to God. Those who have rejected Him will not have any piece of it.

I do not see any intolerance.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by snubish: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
this analogy is so deep and impressive. you would barely notice the wing of a mosquito. man, people running all over the place, trampling on people's rights, even killing just to attain wealth and status in this low life. then some of them even end up dying miserable deaths, while they have no knowledge of what lies after the grave. may God deliver us.

the Christian believes people that don't join in the worship of christ will go to he'll, that's not intolerance. the atheist believes religious people are in delusion and are fooled by religion, that's not intolerance......
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by tpia5: 12:44am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by Saluman(m): 1:28am On Dec 27, 2012
snubish: this analogy is so deep and impressive. you would barely notice the wing of a mosquito. man, people running all over the place, trampling on people's rights, even killing just to attain wealth and status in this low life. then some of them even end up dying miserable deaths, while they have no knowledge of what lies after the grave. may God deliver us.

the Christian believes people that don't join in the worship of christ will go to he'll, that's not intolerance. the atheist believes religious people are in delusion and are fooled by religion, that's not intolerance......

Not all christians believe that same thing. Infact, many christians have moved away from the "hell doctrine". Also, there are buddhists that are atheists
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by Saluman(m): 1:30am On Dec 27, 2012
tbaba1234: You are missing the point. Besides there is a difference between a kafir (disbeliever) n just any non Muslim.

A disbeliever is one who has been presented with Islam in its correct way and rejects it. Not all non Muslims are kafir.

The post is simply saying that if this world was worth anything to God. Those who have rejected Him will not have any piece of it.

I do not see any intolerance.

Imagine if another religion said the same thing you said about unbelievers against muslims
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by vedaxcool(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2012
^
This is simply english, if I say, had my slippers worth anything to me, those who have no regards for me wouldn't be allowed to wear it means what? That the slippers itself is worth nothing, to Allah the who Earth is simply worth nothing, that is that!
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by Saluman(m): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
This is simply english, if I say, had my slippers worth anything to me, those who have no regards for me wouldn't be allowed to wear it means what? That the slippers itself is worth nothing, to Allah the who Earth is simply worth nothing, that is that!

You dont carry the same consequence and importance as God.

If another religion said the same thing about muslims that God will not have any regards for the muslims because they refuse the non-muslim ideology, how owuld you feel?
Re: Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!! by vedaxcool(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Still finding it hard to understand simple english, the hadith conveys the simple sense, to Allah the world means nothing, grin funny now you are sounding like "logic"boy who atimes shows unrivaled comprehension problems of unquatifiable magnitude the words are simple but to he whose heart is diseased the words become quantum physics or plain speaking in tongues. FYI if a non - muslim tells me such, I will simply have said ok, no hurt feelings because I understand the context he is speaking of, our entire existence adds nothing to God that is that!

(1) (Reply)

Still On Dr. Muhammad Yunus Nazeef Of Kogi State University / Is It Permissible In Islam For A Female To Woo A Male She Truly Loves, Even If Hes A Muslim? / I Need Answers From Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.