Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony (1077 Views)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / How Prophet ‘Daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed & Eaten By Lions At Ibadan Zoo In 1991 / The Seven Book Of Moses(conjuration For Political Gains) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 23, 2012
My early days in Christianism, my enrollment into the Theocratic Ministry Schools and induction into Quorums of the Priesthood was not to evangelize, it was to understand the Bible and the very essence of living and of Life. Scanning through the Gospels about the accounts of arrest and crucifixion of Jesus, the Christ, our Lord and Master shows a clear and distinct truth we are too shy to air and too afraid to take a say. What Crucifixion was in the first century was what Firing Squad was in the 19th Century - a chosen mode of execution of felons. The crime was 'Treasonable Felony'; Being Tagged "King of the Jews" and admitting in the presence of the Reigning King 'The People say I am' a sort of Democratic Popularity with religious-revolutionary followership loyalty, he even had the powers to heal the sick. Which sitting king will not be intimidated ? My personal verdict is "Jesus, the Christ" was crucified not for my sins but because it was simply felony to admit to being the people's King of the Jews. The sitting King believed that Jesus was leading a quiet revolution that could topple his reign. Jesus died, not for my sins, I wasnt born then and not my iniquity, my parents were married before I was conceived. I hate that line. Full Stop
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by ooman(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2012
Jesus was killed because he was too proud to call for help and say "i am wrong, i only covet power"
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by hrmkz: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2012
Passing by!
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by TableLeg(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2012
Early morning nonsense!
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by AtheistD(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: My early days in Christianism, my enrollment into the Theocratic Ministry Schools and induction into Quorums of the Priesthood was not to evangelize, it was to understand the Bible and the very essence of living and of Life. Scanning through the Gospels about the accounts of arrest and crucifixion of Jesus, the Christ, our Lord and Master shows a clear and distinct truth we are too shy to air and too afraid to take a say. What Crucifixion was in the first century was what Firing Squad was in the 19th Century - a chosen mode of execution of felons. The crime was 'Treasonable Felony'; Being Tagged "King of the Jews" and admitting in the presence of the Reigning King 'The People say I am' a sort of Democratic Popularity with religious-revolutionary followership loyalty, he even had the powers to heal the sick. Which sitting king will not be intimidated ? My personal verdict is "Jesus, the Christ" was crucified not for my sins but because it was simply felony to admit to being the people's King of the Jews. The sitting King believed that Jesus was leading a quiet revolution that could topple his reign. Jesus died, not for my sins, I wasnt born then and not my iniquity, my parents were married before I was conceived. I hate that line. Full Stop

The Romans crucified ppl for loads of reasons. It is not the same as a firing squad. Werent the other 2 on the cross supposedly thieves?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Atheist:-D:

The Romans crucified ppl for loads of reasons. It is not the same as a firing squad. Werent the other 2 on the cross supposedly thieves?
I did mention that Felony merited the popular mode of execution which then was Crufixion. The other 2 were robbers, not just common thieves.
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by AtheistD(m): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: I did mention that Felony merited the popular mode of execution which then was Crufixion. The other 2 were robbers, not just common thieves.

Were the robbers political prisoners? We cannot infer that jesus was a political prisoner because he was crucified?

Also, as long as he wasnt instigating violence the romans wouldnt have given a monkeys about him. It was the jews that were looking to do him in.
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by MostHigh: 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why say the jews? it was a conspiracy between the pastors, lawyers and politicians of his time.

Look around you have things really changed that much, the goons are still around but not for long.
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by aletheia(m): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Billyonaire: My early days in Christianism, my enrollment into the Theocratic Ministry Schools and induction into Quorums of the Priesthood was not to evangelize, it was to understand the Bible and the very essence of living and of Life. Scanning through the Gospels about the accounts of arrest and crucifixion of Jesus, the Christ, our Lord and Master shows a clear and distinct truth we are too shy to air and too afraid to take a say. What Crucifixion was in the first century was what Firing Squad was in the 19th Century - a chosen mode of execution of felons. The crime was 'Treasonable Felony'; Being Tagged "King of the Jews" and admitting in the presence of the Reigning King 'The People say I am' a sort of Democratic Popularity with religious-revolutionary followership loyalty, he even had the powers to heal the sick. Which sitting king will not be intimidated ? My personal verdict is "Jesus, the Christ" was crucified not for my sins but because it was simply felony to admit to being the people's King of the Jews. The sitting King believed that Jesus was leading a quiet revolution that could topple his reign. Jesus died, not for my sins, I wasnt born then and not my iniquity, my parents were married before I was conceived. I hate that line. Full Stop
^
Really? You conflate several issues. Was Pilate a "Reigning King" or a "sitting King"? Or just the procurator of Judaea?

1. The Jews wanted Jesus dead on religious grounds. They wanted Him dead on grounds of blasphemy.
But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death. Mar 14:61-64

The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
Joh 19:7

2. Their power to execute was taken away from them by the Romans.
Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death: Joh 18:31

3. The Roman judicial system did not recognize the Jewish crime of "blasphemy", so they framed Jesus with charges guaranteed to yield the necessary death verdict.
And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. Luk 23:2

4. The Roman judicial process did not find Jesus guilty of any crime deserving death
Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. Joh 18:38

And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people, Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold,
I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him, and release him. Luk 23:13-16

5. . .and so Jesus was judicially murdered for politically expedient reasons by the Romans and Jews.
And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. Joh 11:49-50

And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go,
thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar. Joh 19:12

And so we come to this cross-examination. . .
Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?

Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?

Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

Jesus answered,
My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Joh 18:33-37

Your premise falls apart on the written evidence of Jesus' trial.

Since you say. . .
Billyonaire: My personal verdict is "Jesus, the Christ" was crucified not for my sins. . .Jesus died, not for my sins. . .
. . .there is nothing left for you (unless you repent) but. . .a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Heb 10:26-27

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Billyonaire: My personal verdict is "Jesus, the Christ" was crucified not for my sins but because it was simply felony to admit to being the people's King of the Jews. The sitting King believed that Jesus was leading a quiet revolution that could topple his reign. Jesus died, not for my sins, I wasnt born then and not my iniquity, my parents were married before I was conceived. I hate that line. Full Stop

I am happy you qualified your statement with 'my personal opinion' , because that is what it is.

As someone said , all that remains is judgement and destruction whether you like it or not. Talk is cheap but truth is deep and only a few diligent, serious and morally upright or inclined souls will ever care to take this path.

Fact remains fact , Jesus tasted death for EVERY MAN, was resurrected on the third day , and is coming the second time to rescue the righteous and destroy the wicked !!

""Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." - Matthew 7:13

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein" - Isaiah 35:8
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by MostHigh: 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yashua died on the cross so you could stop sinning by following his example and seeking the cross as well, not for every sin you have ever or will ever commit.

That is paian silly talk and that is why christians continue sinning regardless.
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
jesus died because by starting this New ideology he was trying to stir Rebellion against the stabole and Prosperous Pagan ROman Empire, as Rome had conquered Judae. the funny thing is that the Jews were by then fine with Roman administration and hated jesus the troublemaker.

even the Jews sided with the Pagan Arabs against prophet muhammad later on.
Re: Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony by MostHigh: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pagan you are a true son of Mithras no be lie ooo!.

Heathens .... worship at the hearthstone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Pay Tithe To The Woman Or A Church? Pls Advise / Priest Found Guilty Of Molesting 10-year-old Altar Boy / Awsome Supplication - Good For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.