Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (18182 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by tutu1: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
Nawa oh, see youth "militants" carry RPG and machine gun they waka freely for street, only God Knows what they do at night. Nigeria is there a functional Police Force or Government
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by idarajohnuko: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2012
Porthartcour is coping cAlabar carnival costume $ dance n arrangement
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by zumbigbo(m): 12:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Nawa oh, see youth "militants" carry RPG and machine gun they waka freely for street, only God Knows what they do at night. Nigeria is there a functional Police Force or Government

Na MEND on active duty with live bullets... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Rossikk(m): 2:47am On Dec 25, 2012
Eisenhower: as if we are not tired of impotation angry.so teee dem go import festival from brazil and the carribean. angry

My brother na wa, I've never understood this our newfound fascination with Carnival. It just seems so forced.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 25, 2012
OP, thank you for sharing the pictures.
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2012
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Biafrarep(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2012
obailala: Interesting... MEND is now our culture undecided
Thank you my brother, you just took that from my mind. That picture of militants got me wondering too, are they not celebrating militancy and rebellion against the state? When children and the youth see such display, wont they be encouraged to do likewise? SMH
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Biafrarep(m): 10:41am On Dec 25, 2012
Rivers state have no business doing carnival, the resources and energy dissipated on this extravaganza, with little or no benefit to the local economy, would have been put to better use. Port Harcourt is too rowdy and energy sapping, so i don't think that any sane person will leave Calabar, Owerri, Enugu and Uyo, that are serene and tourist friendly for P.Harcourt. Amaechi should stop this madness, THIS IS MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by fredie107(m): 11:45am On Dec 25, 2012
Idol worship!!!
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by dino2006(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Nawa oo. Even militants follow com gyrate. grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by ibiso1986: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Those guys with the MEND uniform and fake guns are actually walking to the stadium for a drama presentation on how they laid down their arms… and take note, we are not copying the carribean culture cos from the pictures, different cultural festivals were also included in the carnival like the local government float and regatta boat float… pure Rivers culture.
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by ibiso1986: 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
@ azim.. Do you know that most of the people that were arrested and participated in those killings in aluu were non indigenes.. And just dont judge rivers people to be barbaric cos aluu is just 1 out of over 100 communities in rivers states. We also have the rivers ijaws that wont even do such a thing.. Dont generalise like most nigerians do
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Calabar does it best. Appreciate what you have.

I tot the topic was calaber carnival sef. I enjoyed calabar so much last year Christmas.
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by Sugardiva(f): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nice pics. Carnirivs is mproving, it's looks better than it was last year. I don't think d carnival culture in Nigeria is forced especially for a tourism inclined city like calabar. Carnivals may be imported culture but we in calabar have blended it with ours very well and are getting fun, economic growth and positive international exposure out of it so it's welcome.

Carnival Calabar: Africa's biggest street party is tomorrow. If u ain't in Cali city for dis event u're on a long thing. smiley
Re: Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 by ibiso1986: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
im already in calabar.. The carnival was fun though

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North / Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion / What Has Been Your Experience With Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.