|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1062006 members, 1233633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2013 at 10:14 AM
|Hot Careers In Finance And Investments: Learn Major Intermediate Skills by Admitwithschola: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2012|
Hot Careers in Finance and Investments . Please take your time to read and digest. This could just be the information you've been waiting for!
Learn major intermediate skills used by junior to mid-level professionals in Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Private Equity, Credit Research, Equity Research, Hedge Funds and all other excitingly beautiful areas of finance.
--Are you a fairly smart university or polytechnic student aspiring for a career in the world of Finance and Investments and looking to move straight to Investment Banking and Financial Advisory as an intern or as a full time staff immediately after your graduation?
--Are you a professional accountant, commercial bank worker, micro-finance bank worker or a non-business related professional looking to acquire core Finance skills that will make you more marketable and eventually help you cross over to a more prestigious, glamorous field of Finance?
--Or do you just want to learn about how industry professionals approach Finance and Investing so that you can better manage your finances and investments and then sack your bankers, financial advisors and wealth managers?
If one of the above describes you by mistake, then congratulations!! We have good news for you. In line with our observation that very few programs in Nigeria provide a well rounded and affordable training to prepare aspiring individuals and professionals for lucrative careers in the various fields of Finance and Investments, we have decided to fill this very important void by designing a well-packed 5-day financial modeling and investment analysis course aimed at rigorously teaching participants the ropes of the financial services sector and exposing them to the latest practice in the world of Finance.
In this very highly packed course, my colleagues and I—we are a group of professional chartered accountants (think one of KPMG/PwC/Ernst Young), financial analysts, IT experts, educationists and financial engineers—will teach you almost everything you need to know in the world of Finance and Investments, so that you can comfortably land that private equity, asset management and investment banking job that you have always wanted and thereafter perform optimally on the job.
Specifically, we shall immerse you in the aqua of the following:
1. Financial Analysis—Here, we will teach you what to analyze in a company’s financial statements, how to analyze it, the most important metrics to look out for and how to structure your findings in a report so as to make your analysis well-understood by everyone, including non-finance professionals
2. Stock Market Analysis/Equity Research—In this section, we will teach you ‘how’ to identify all variables, both macroeconomic and microeconomic variables, that drive stock returns
• How industry experts predict the movement of stock prices
• Different types of fundamental equity valuation techniques
• And finally, how to prepare a detailed equity research report
3. Equity Research Analysis—Here, you will learn how industry experts predict stock prices and the key variables that drive the movement of stock prices, how to spot these key variables, where to find them and when to look out for them, i.e. seasonality search. You will also learn the different approaches to investing in stocks, and how fundamental equity analysis can help you ensure that these approaches are fully maximized.
4. Financial Modeling—Here, we shall specifically cover leveraged buyout models (LBO), mergers and acquisitions (M&A), income & balance modeling (I&B), management buyout models (MBO), transactional multiples analysis, equity multiples.
5. Analysis of macroeconomic variables in financial environment
• The knowledge gained in the financial analysis segment of the training will prepare you well for a career in all private and publicly quoted companies, both local and multinational companies
• The knowledge gained in equity research/stock market analysis and macroeconomics will prepare you for a lucrative career in Asset Management, Investment Research and Management, Hedge Funds, Portfolio Management, Economic Policy, Wealth Management and Equity Trading
• The knowledge gained in financial modeling and transaction analysis will prepare you for a lucrative career in Private Equity, Investment Banking, M&A, Principal Investing and Private Wealth Management
One thing you must note:
• In the world of Finance and Investing, employers, in their bid to cut overhead and boost bottom-line, are ‘much’ more interested in potential employees who already have the practical knowledge, skills and professional competence to carry out the responsibilities for which they are hired to address. No employer derives pleasure investing millions of Naira training clueless employees. To put it straight, employers have preference for readymade employees who are not expensive to hire.
A Point to Reflect on:
• Imagine you are applying to a finance firm as an entry level applicant and you possess the skills highlighted above and can defend them impressively. If an employer is to choose between you (assume you demand a salary of 250k naira/month) and another guy/lady with 2 years experience having the same skills set as you (assume the guy demands a salary of 250k naira/month). Who do you think the company, making every effort to cut cost, would go for? The answer is clear and simple.
To the Interested Applicants:
• This 5-day intensive training presents a rare opportunity for you to quit complaining that you possess no sellable skills. Yes, in 5 days, just in 5 days, we shall train you on the raw and refined skills that you will need to actually speak confidently during your next interviews and land your next jobs. In a few cases, we may connect you to an organization where you can practice all what we have taught you. This connection may lead to a full-time position down the line, but there are no guarantees that it will. In fact, it normally should be unpaid when you first start with the organization(s).
Benefits of Attending our Training:
• Internship advice and contacts of industry professionals
• Graduate school admissions advice (Admitwithschola has serious expertise here)
• Unusual job hunting techniques and strategies
• Graduate school scholarship advice
• Your trainers will be a combination of mid-level professionals with background and experience in accounting (big 4), finance and investments, economics, business management, IT and stock analysis
• Your trainers also resourceful people with graduate degrees in investment, finance, economics and financial engineering from some of the respectable schools around the world
So, how much does the training cost?
Well, we have made the training cost abysmally low and we can confidently assure you that you cannot get the same quality of training and caliber of trainers elsewhere.
The training will cost 10,000Naira for current university students; 15,000Naira for NYSC corps members and 20,000Naira for those who have completed service and are looking to break into the world of finance. For professionals who have long been working in other fields, but now desire to change careers to finance, the fee is 25,000Naira. These costs are very low; we know this.
Again, we assuredly guarantee you of the highest possible standards and quality of training. We confidently state emphatically that you cannot get it better elsewhere at our very low costs. If you think we are just talking, then try our competitors. This will help you to better appreciate the services we are about to render you.
We remain loyal to you for your patronage.
For further information about the structure of the training program, please contact our registrar by email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions began on 1 December 2012 and will close on January 15-17, 2013.
To speak with me in person, please do me an email as soon as possible so that we can make plans to meet before the deadlines.
Dabeec Global Ltd . Training and Research Department
|Re: Hot Careers In Finance And Investments: Learn Major Intermediate Skills by abioila(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2012|
I am a 200 level Finance student also a P.E I student of the Institute of Chartered Accontant of Nigeria.I am interested in the training programme but I will like you to post more info on the location of the training programme, the timing, considering the fact that students will miss five days of lectures, is the internship also open to students and lastly, will there be a sort of proof like a certificate after the programme.............sorry for not sending this to one of the above e-mail addresses. It's easier to post on nairaland than sending an e-mail on my phone.
|Re: Hot Careers In Finance And Investments: Learn Major Intermediate Skills by Admitwithschola: 12:54am On Dec 26, 2012|
abioila: I am a 200 level Finance student also a P.E I student of the Institute of Chartered Accontant of Nigeria.I am interested in the training programme but I will like you to post more info on the location of the training programme, the timing, considering the fact that students will miss five days of lectures, is the internship also open to students and lastly, will there be a sort of proof like a certificate after the programme.............sorry for not sending this to one of the above e-mail addresses. It's easier to post on nairaland than sending an e-mail on my phone.
Hi, sorry for the late response. I just got back from a merry xmas groove with some friends. The last time I had Xmas celebration in Lagos or Nigeria was in 2008. So I needed to enjoy myself to the fullest.
Thanks for your interest.
Location of the training will be made known to you as soon as you are duly registered. The timing is the middle of January. It is actually timed on a rolling basis, so that the first five people to register in a week can choose some convenient five days during which they will attend the training. You won't necessarily miss lectures that much. Well, any certificate issue will attract additional cost, in the region of say 5 thousand naira. The internship is well open mainly to students, although graduates can also take advantage of it.
Hope all of your questions have been duly answered.
Happy Xmas. I am happy to speak with you in person if you like.
|Re: Hot Careers In Finance And Investments: Learn Major Intermediate Skills by thirty(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2012|
hi facilitator, im interested this seminar but can you post ur office so that we can talk better.
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health