Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Best Poem 2005 - Coloured - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Best Poem 2005 - Coloured (60362 Views)

Best Poem In The World They Say(i Agree) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Poem 2005 - Coloured by Dojo(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2006
This poem was nominated poem of 2005 for the best poem, written by an African kid, amazing thought!!!

COLOURED

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black,

And you White fella,

When you born, you Pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you Blue,
When you scared, you Yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray,
And you calling me Colored ?

1 Like

Re: Best Poem 2005 - Coloured by ayonzi(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2006
My God is still alive; if this poem was written by a kid then we older ones need to sit and think again for not writing it first.

Thumbs up,but it sounds racial though,i like the sense behind the writing and the rythm.

1 Like

Re: Best Poem 2005 - Coloured by reniks(f): 1:48am On Apr 30, 2006
Very nice and i love the language.
Re: Best Poem 2005 - Coloured by gbadex1(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2006
well, there was this poem, not really poetry but floetry on AHH that i liked by J-Dogg. some real conscious shyt.
here goes:
the name, The Beast in Man:

Child soldiers in Uganda buck shots with no conscience/
how could we as a human race maintain a poker face to this level of carnage?/
the transformation of Man to monster--Joseph konye is a devil incarnate/
he got folks believing he's God, how do we even fall for such nonsense?/
i can't begin to fathom what these poor people gotta face/
imagine being eleven and forced to bludgeon your Father in the face!/
imagine standing helpless and being forced to watch your Mother getting raped!/
children get abducted by the LRA and forced to become soldiers, porters and sexual slaves/
toddlers become 'nightwalkers', they have no choice but to escape/
Little Jane used to say her prayers every night in front of a charcoal fire/
her faith has changed--- today an AK-47 is her Messiah/
it is our collective responsibility as human beings to try and make a difference/
increase awareness of this situation---inform your mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters/
J-Dogg is far from being a Koffi Annan, but this is something that we all need to do/
muthafuckas like Chris Tucker seem to be more concerned than me and you,
Re: Best Poem 2005 - Coloured by ToyM28(f): 10:17pm On May 27, 2006
@ Dojo this poem is much appreciated seeing as it says nd expresses what me nd some other ppl are 2 coward 2 say out loud, cuz of fear of embarrasment or humiliation. And as for the Kid who wrote it, i can only say i hope he grows up 2 be as bold and truthfull as he is now!

@Gbade, ur poem completes what Dojo's poem didnt ve time 2 say, which is for us 2 stop the crime, wars, violence racism (be it mild racism or strong racism) and for us 2 stand up 4 ourselfs

All together, this poems are great (not just gd). I ve certainly learnt from this. tnx 2 both of yah

(1) (Reply)

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.