Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing (960 Views)

We Don't Celebrate Christmas: The Idolatry Of Mystry Babylon- Pst KUMUYI / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? / Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by jmoore(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2012
Christmas means celebration of our lord Jesus Christ who came into this world to die for the sins of the whole world and he resurrected after three days.

It is only those that are blind that will keep arguing on why Christians should not celebrate it. The popular story they will tell you is that Christmas came from pagan.
This is Christmas and not paganmas, I wonder how long it will take before it sinks to their brain.
For example a christian missionary enters into a village where all of them are pagans and he preached the gospel of Jesus and almost the entire village converted to Christianity even the high priest of the shrine in the village is among the converts.They have a meeting on where to build a church in the village and the former high priest who is now a christian decides together with others to use the land where the pagan shrine is located for a church building. The church is built and they start worshiping God there. The earth is the lords and his fullness thereof, therefore any land can be used for a church building and any day can be used to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
The three wise men came to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ as they brought gifts too.

If you choose not to celebrate that's your personal choice but let those who choose to celebrate God who came in human form to be offered as a sacrifice for the whole mankind keep on celebrating be it January,May,August.etc

I also want to talk about Xmas! It may appear that Christ is being taken out of Christmas, but is this what is really going on?

First of all, you have to understand that it is not the letter X that is put into Christmas.
We see the English letter X there, but actually what it involves is the first letter of the Greek name for Christ.
Christos is the New Testament Greek for Christ.
The first letter of the Greek word Christos is transliterated into our alphabet as an X.
That X has come through church history to be a shorthand symbol for the name of Christ dated back in the 1500s.
Next time you hear someone talking about how wrong "xmas" is, please teach him or her the history behind it.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

Merry Xmas to you
smiley
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by mecusbosco(m): 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
Meaning I can say in the name of Jesus X instead of Jesus Christ?
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by XketchDesigns(m): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
jmoore:
...God who came in human form to be offered as a sacrifice for the whole mankind..

I know this thread is 2years old and the op might not be on NA or even get to see this, I just had to highlight that part!

Does it make any sense? Comon people!?!!!??
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by jmoore(m): 6:07am On Dec 04, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I know this thread is 2years old and the op might not be on NA or even get to see this, I just had to highlight that part!
Does it make any sense? Comon people!?!!!??

Carnal minds do not understand the things of the spirit.
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by oneda(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Trying hard again to justify sun worship abi? Anyway, I will start celebrating Xmas or Christmas or candlemas the day it could be shown me in the Bible where my Savior Jesus Christ or the Apostles did, commanded or implied so. If not @OP I have only this to tell you 1 Corinthians 10 vs 14
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by XketchDesigns(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2014
jmoore:

Carnal minds do not understand the things of the spirit.
I am not asking you to change your faith. Just sit down and thing about it, why will "god" change to human form come to earth and sacrifice himself? Then who bus he doing the sacrifice to?
And you guys should make ur mind already, is he "god" or d son of god?
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by jmoore(m): 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
oneda:
Trying hard again to justify sun worship abi? Anyway, I will start celebrating Xmas or Christmas or candlemas the day it could be shown me in the Bible where my Savior Jesus Christ or the Apostles did, commanded or implied so. If not @OP I have only this to tell you 1 Corinthians 10 vs 14
As usual, allegation with no facts. Please tell me any hymn where sun god is mentioned? smh
Re: This is why we Celebrate Christmas and is xmas and christmas the same thing by jmoore(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I am not asking you to change your faith. Just sit down and thing about it, why will "god" change to human form come to earth and sacrifice himself? Then who bus he doing the sacrifice to?
And you guys should make ur mind already, is he "god" or d son of god?
Read more on https://www.nairaland.com/885313/jesus-son-god,

This thread is about xmas.

(1) (Reply)

SHARP MIRACLE: Prophet Magically Produces Miracle Recharge Card In The Church / The PFN - Umuoji Traditionalist Snake Controversy; A Christian Overview / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.