Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself (1090 Views)

I Did My Best To Fight Corruption – IBB / Nigerian Prostitutes In Europe Reveal The Hell They Live In, See Pictures / Where Did My 'like' Button Go 2? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by lilhelp: 2:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Hi Everybody,

I am new here and I figured you could help me figure something out. I was being romanced scammed by a Ghanaian. I knew it the whole time and fed her lies for entertainment purposes. She believed I was about to be divorced and the money would start to come to her. (She has never gotten a dime). The day before the "divorce" was to be finalized, without questioning from me she came clean. She revealed that she was not the girl in the picture. She revealed she was not from England. I knew all of this but never let her know I knew. We had been in a relationship for 6 months. She told me she had to tell me because all of the problems she caused me and that I had a right to know. She told me she loves me. Of course she wants me to come to Ghana to visit. I am fully aware of the strategy behind that move and have no intention of going. I spoke on the phone with her once before she revealed everything to me and I heard a guy feeding her lines. Pretty funny actually. I have gotten her to come clean on one of her fake Face book pages and it has helped a couple of guys. She has given me her real email address...at least it is one she uses to set up accounts. She has not told me about the guy feeding her lines. I have not told her I know about it.

My question is why would she come clean right before she thought she was going to get money?

Thank you to those who can help me solve this little riddle.
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by braine(m): 2:58am On Dec 26, 2012
Some ladies are very smart; she probably detected that you already knew she wasn't for real and you were just playing along OR she has fallen in love with you and wants to take the place of your 'about-to-leave' wife OR this is part/plan B of her deceit.

Just be careful.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by lilhelp: 3:17am On Dec 26, 2012
She definitely is not on to me. We still talk all the time. We have always had good conversations. If I did not hear a man's voice feeding her lines then I would definitely think she had fallen in love. If that was the case I would tell her the truth. I certainly do not want to hurt anybody. I think it is part 2 of the deceit but after much research I have not found anything like this. If it turns out she is for real then I will come clean with her. I just do not understand her angle in the reveal when she did.

Thank you for your input smiley
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 26, 2012
lilhelp: She definitely is not on to me. We still talk all the time. We have always had good conversations. If I did not hear a man's voice feeding her lines then I would definitely think she had fallen in love. If that was the case I would tell her the truth. I certainly do not want to hurt anybody. I think it is part 2 of the deceit but after much research I have not found anything like this. If it turns out she is for real then I will come clean with her. I just do not understand her angle in the reveal when she did.

everything is nt as it seems bro. Coming clean is a good strategy to get d innocent

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 26, 2012
You better shine your eye. That is part of the scam.

When you find yourself inside ghanian babalawo mortar, na that time you go hear word. embarassed
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by dmcdad: 6:39am On Dec 26, 2012
pDude: You better shine your eye. That is part of the scam.

When you find yourself inside ghanian babalawo mortar, na that time you go hear word. embarassed

Gbam!!!
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by dmcdad: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2012
This is kinda bizarre and startling.... I would have loved to propose that you enjoy the ride as you watch things unfold. But, on a second thought, why don't you just back-out once and for all and halt further communications with her? If I am guessing right, she might have an ace up her sleeves. So, be very careful, as applying cognitive reasoning to this will enable you to think outside the box, and thereby explore all the possibilities that might be at her disposal.

MY ADVICE.... RUN NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by Mynd44: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Now the scam begins. OP, this is the real scam. The whole thing was planned.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by lilhelp: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
I have not come clean because I have gotten this person to already ruin one of their FB personas. It has helped a couple of guys already. Also, I am an entertainer and this has all played out on my radio show. This person I am dealing with is more sophisticated than other scammers I have dealt with. I do not actively bait them. I am not on Singles sites. They find me on my FB page. I do believe this is part of the scam. I just do not understand the logic. Like I said, the money was supposedly going to begin flowing to this person. I understand why they want me to come to Ghana. Of course, I will not go. I was just wondering if anybody heard of this scamming tactic. The reveal right before the money comes in and the ruining of their own scam for "love." I have new pictures of a Ghanaian girl with everything I have asked for proof of life. Of course, in reality it proves nothing but it is a nice touch.

And I do realize that I am playing with fire and I will bow out soon. I would just love to see how this plays out so I can educate those that would be fooled by this ploy. I have not spent a dime on this person. Actually, this person has called me in a hotel from Ghana. In reality it could very well be a man. Am I correct that in Africa the men run these scams and the women are more or less pawns in the game or am I completely off base with that?

Thank you to all that have weighed in. smiley
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
lilhelp: She definitely is not on to me. We still talk all the time. We have always had good conversations. If I did not hear a man's voice feeding her lines then I would definitely think she had fallen in love. If that was the case I would tell her the truth. I certainly do not want to hurt anybody. I think it is part 2 of the deceit but after much research I have not found anything like this. If it turns out she is for real then I will come clean with her. I just do not understand her angle in the reveal when she did.

Are you even sure it's a woman you are dealing with? I remember some time ago, during my NYSC, I was in a cyber cafe and this dude called me up to speak with his client...giving me lines to say, then, I ask am how much be my share? He said its just for some minutes balh blah blah.....I didn't even look his side. What am trying to say, are you even sure it's not a guy playing you all these while.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by lilhelp: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
It very well may be a guy. Especially since I heard a guy feeding the girl lines on the phone. She has admitted much about the scam to me but has yet to reveal this part so it is very possible the scam continues. I am not a Mugu. I am fully aware of what I was dealing with. I just do not understand what I am dealing with now. Why the reveal with the money imminent and no questions from me? In the past I questioned and the person stuck to the lies. I am quite possibly dealing with some hybrid of the romance scam or less likely the girl fell in love. I DO NOT believe the latter is the case. I was just hoping somebody on this board might have heard of this particular twist.
Re: Why Did My Scammer Reveal Herself by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Just be careful o. Don't go to Ghana. Play with them from afar.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Have Enter Nigerian Wahala +pix / Reflection On The Issue Of Space Bookers On NL / ISIS Reject Boko Haram Terrrorists Offer To Team Up Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.