Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Why Is Christmas Celebrated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christmas Celebrated? (489 Views)

How Is Christmas Celebrated In Heaven???....or Is It Even Celebrated At All? / Why Is Christmas Celebrated On 25th December / Why Is Christmas Celebrated On The 25th Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Christmas Celebrated? by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Good morning and merry Christmas!
I just felt it would be bad not to wish my followers a merry christmas! But the big question that kept on pondering on my mind is do we all know the ESSENCE OF CHRISTMAS celebrations?
That's what actually got me thinking, many don't know why Christmas is being celebrated, many just know chicken and turkey would be ate! But is that the main purpose of Christmas?
Some say it's a season of sharing, we give our neighbours food and gifts, that's great but is that main purpose?
Christmas some say it's a season of love! Very correct! It all started when a Man (GOD) gave his only Son (JESUS)to die for mankind's sin just because of the love he has for mankind (greatest love i have ever heard of), so christmas marks the birth of this wonderful kid (JESUS) on earth!
Happy Celebrations! Happy Holidays!
[url]boladealebiosu..com/2012/12/the-christmas.html?m=1[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To The Year '2013' / Why He Came / Raising Considerate Children In A Me-first World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.