Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months (5689 Views)

The Pagan Origin Of Virgin Mary Worship/adoration, CATHOLICS! / The Shocking Pagan Origin Of Christmas! / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2012
Jws should please stop using the calendar months names since they have pagan origins.Some of them like January are named after roman gods.They should please stop using them or they will become hypocrites

Calendar Name Origins - Names of Months

January - ME Januari(us), OE Januarius, translation of Latin Januarius, named after JANUS, god of beginnings.
February - ME OE Februarius from Latin Februarius, named for Februa, the feast of purification.
March - ME March(e), from Latin Martius, (month of) Mars.
April - ME Averil, OF Avril, Latin Aprilis mensis (month). The name may derive from the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
May - ME OE Maius, Latin Maius mensis (month), from the Greek Maia, goddess of spring (growth).
June - ME Jun(e), OE Iunius, from Latin mensis Junius, named after the goddess Juno, Queen of the gods.
July - ME Julie, OE Julius, from Latin Julius (Caesar) after whom it was named in 44 BC. The original name was quintilis, fifth month in the early Roman calendar.
August - ME OE Agustus from Latin Augustus (Caesar) 8 BC. The original name was sextilis, sixth month in the early Roman calendar.
September - ME Septembre from Latin September, seventh month in the early Roman calendar
October - ME OE from Latin October, eighth month in the early Roman calendar
November - ME OE from Latin November, ninth month of the early Roman calendar, from novem NINE
December - ME Decembre from OF and Latin December, tenth month of the early Roman calendar (decem TEN + membri from mens MONTH + ri suffix)

2 Likes

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Zikkyy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
chukwudi44:
Jws should please stop using the calendar months names since they have pagan origins.Some of them like January are named after roman gods.They should please stop using them or they will become hypocrites

Lol! those guys had big plans o! if it were possible they would have relocated to planet Venus or Jupiter to get away from everybody. They made attempt at creating their own calender in the past. You might find the link below interesting:

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/Jehovah's%20Calendar.pdf

it might take some time to open depending on the speed of your connection.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
also the Days of the Week:

Sunday - Sun's Day (Note: xtians/Roman catholics worship on this day. this was the day of the Roman Sun God)
Monday - Moon's Day
Tuesday - Tiw's Day (Norse God)
Wednesday - Woden's Day (Anglo-Saxon God)
Thursday - Thor's Day (Norse God)
Friday - Freyja's Day (Norse God)
Saturday - Saturn's Day
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
I am still waiting for this hypocrites to rationalise the continued use of this 'pagan' calendar
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Lovethywilbedon: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44: I am still waiting for this hypocrites to rationalise the continued use of this 'pagan' calendar
I am waiting for them too.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
Nice work Chukwudi!
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44: I am still waiting for this hypocrites to rationalise the continued use of this 'pagan' calendar

This your mumu question had been answered in the other thread...................it seems you were not paying attention.........

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

This your mumu question had been answered in the other thread...................it seems you were not paying attention.........
Oga, me sef for like to know o. Abeg help me answer am.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Sharaap. Escape tactics.

A thread was made for this topic. Address the topic, coward

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Oga, me sef for like to know o. Abeg help me answer am.

Supporters club!
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 30, 2012
Maybe ijaw kid has invented an ijaw calendar to replace this our 'pagan' calender he should please let us know

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:19am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44: Maybe ijaw kid has invented an ijaw christian calendar to replace this our 'pagan' calender he should please let us know

True Ijaws are Pagan. we have already discussed this fact in another thread before. Ijawkid is Ijaw only in name. wink

btw brother, are you Igbo?
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sharaap. Escape tactics.

A thread was made for this topic. Address the topic, coward

As usual of logicboy,,,,,,,,,,...............chukwudi thinks creating new threads which had already been treated will help him justify the lie that Christ was born on dec 25th...........smh!!!!!!.............let him go back to that thread and read.......nonsense..!!!!!.......and you heathen how have you been??....grin

2 Likes

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Oga, me sef for like to know o. Abeg help me answer am.
make ona go the other thread.....I dey tire to type....grin
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 6:49am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44: Maybe ijaw kid has invented an ijaw calendar to replace this our 'pagan' calender he should please let us know

The exposure of xmas as a myth is what has made you put up this post.....you're wasting your time bro...........its either you go back to that thread or find something else to do...........
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

True Ijaws are Pagan. we have already discussed this fact in another thread before. Ijawkid is Ijaw only in name. wink

btw brother, are you Igbo?

I'm an IJAW boy/man...I'm from Bayelsa state,BRAss to be specific...........and I aint no pagan.....grin
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2012
^youve not yet given us a proper reply as to why are you using this Pagan calenders with names of PAGAN GODS
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:52am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm an IJAW boy/man...I'm from Bayelsa state,BRAss to be specific...........and I aint no pagan.....grin

I already told you that to be truely Ijaw, you must follow Ijaw Tribal Religion and culture. you are not Ijaw. you are a sheep in wolfskin.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 7:08am On Dec 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I already told you that to be truely Ijaw, you must follow Ijaw Tribal Religion and culture. you are not Ijaw. you are a sheep in wolfskin.

Lol.......I am ijaw...truly IJAW
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^youve not yet given us a proper reply as to why are you using this Pagan calenders with names of PAGAN GODS

I had asked chukwudi which calender or calender system the isrealites use when they were in EGYPt and also when they were vassals in babylon.........

The boy ran away from a very important discussion into calendars........if I ever reply chukwudi here then it means I'm jobless.......
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

I had asked chukwudi which calender or calender system the isrealites use when they were in EGYPt and also when they were vassals in babylon.........

The boy ran away from a very important discussion into calendars........if I ever reply chukwudi here then it means I'm jobless.......

So in effect you are implying the isrealites did use the pagan egyptian and babylonian calendars right? Where did you read that from? I thought you are a bible alone xtian?

It is okay to use a calendar named after pagan gods but sinful to celebrate Jesus birth on a day that merely used to be a pagan holiday! What hypocrisy.

Mind you Dec 25th in the current gregorian calendar is not same with dec 25th in the old julian calender
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44:

So in effect you are implying the isrealites did use the pagan egyptian and babylonian calendars right? Where did you read that from? I thought you are a bible alone xtian?

It is okay to use a calendar named after pagan gods but sinful to celebrate Jesus birth on a day that merely used to be a pagan holiday! What hypocrisy.

Mind you Dec 25th in the current gregorian calendar is not same with dec 25th in the old julian calender

Ofcus they did...........would they have been using the jewish calender in a heathen land??....

Before the passover feast was instituted and before the isrealites were freed from the hands of the egyptians they were using the calenders of those nations.........but ofcus they never adopted the worship or festivities of the pagans......that is where you ERR....

Now may I ask you here.......was Jesus born on xmas day ??dec 25th?? Or its parallel in the julian calender??..........you heathen!!!!...........
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid: make ona go the other thread.....I dey tire to type....grin
He's asking a vital question and I'd be happy if you provide us an answer. All these energy would have being re-channelled.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Ofcus they did...........would they have been using the jewish calender in a heathen land??....

Before the passover feast was instituted and before the isrealites were freed from the hands of the egyptians they were using the calenders of those nations.........but ofcus they never adopted the worship or festivities of the pagans......that is where you ERR....

Now may I ask you here.......was Jesus born on xmas day ??dec 25th?? Or its parallel in the julian calender??..........you heathen!!!!...........
why are you trying to divert?
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: why are you trying to divert?

I tire for the hypocriteooo.It is okay to use a pagan calendar without adopting their mode of worship but sinful to celebrate Jesus on a day that has enirely nothing to do with paganism(25th dec of the gregorian calendar is not equal to 25th calendar of the julian calendar).

Where in the bible did you even read that the isrealites adopted pagan calendars? Abi u r just assuming.

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: He's asking a vital question and I'd be happy if you provide us an answer. All these energy would have being re-channelled.

I'm not diverting the discussion.......I just gave an answer with how Gods people in the past viewed the calendar system of there time even before the jewish calender and after..............what should concern you guys is how y'all have scavenged into paganism to pick up a festival claiming its for Christ.............

It is this same chukwudi that will jump up and down like a jelly fish on new years day just like the heathens do who worship the god (Janus).........Janus ,its worshippers and customs are things I've never adopted........but chukwudi and his crew has....

It is this same idolater chukwudi that should be doing much scrutiny........instead he is bringing a lame argument about calenders.......

I don't have to create a new calender just as servants in the past didn't have to change the calender systems they were under.........

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44:

I tire for the hypocriteooo.It is okay to use a pagan calendar without adopting their mode of worship but sinful to celebrate Jesus on a day that has enirely nothing to do with paganism(25th dec of the gregorian calendar is not equal to 25th calendar of the julian calendar).

Where in the bible did you even read that the isrealites adopted pagan calendars? Abi u r just assuming.

Ok now tell me even from the julian calender was Jesus born on the proposed date that was snatched for the birth date of Jesus??......if you come out here to tell people that the date you celebrate xmas isn't exactly snatched from pagan sun god worshippers then you would be the greatest liar that ever lived.......

Just stop your ranting and tell us how xmas came about and how the spurious date for Jesus' birth was chosen.......oyAaaaaa........
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm not diverting the discussion.......I just gave an answer with how Gods people in the past viewed the calendar system of there time even before the jewish calender and after..............what should concern you guys is how y'all have scavenged into paganism to pick up a festival claiming its for Christ.............

It is this same chukwudi that will jump up and down like a jelly fish on new years day just like the heathens do who worship the god (Janus).........Janus ,its worshippers and customs are things I've never adopted........but chukwudi and his crew has....

It is this same idolater chukwudi that should be doing much scrutiny........instead he is bringing a lame argument about calenders.......

I don't have to create a new calender just as servants in the past didn't have to change the calender systems they were under.........
If you don't have the answer, shut up and attest to your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: If you don't have the answer, shut up and attest to your hypocrisy.

There isn't any hypocrisy and the question has been answered.................the examples of Gods servants in the past has answerd why I use the calender I have today.........smh!!!.......what more do you want??.....start asking yourself and chukwudi if Jesus wsas born on xmas day.....you guys are the hypocrites here......
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

There isn't any hypocrisy and the question has been answered.................the examples of Gods servants in the past has answerd why I use the calender I have today.........smh!!!.......what more do you want??.....start asking yourself and chukwudi if Jesus wsas born on xmas day.....you guys are the hypocrites here......
What about I tell you the questions on xmas have been answered without showing how. Would that make sense?
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Quit posting and accept your hypocrisy.You are using a pagan calendar system that is named after pagan gods and that is it.

Whether isrealites did use any does not ameliorate your hypocrisy.Afterall isrealites did worshio idols @ some point in their lives.

You are a hypocrite!! Live with that.
Re: Pagan Origin Of Calendar Months by ijawkid(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: What about I tell you the questions on xmas have been answered without showing how. Would that make sense?

You guys have answered nothing........was Jesus born on xmas day??.........I need your simple sincere answer........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility / Message From God Found Hidden Inside DNA Sequence / Can Christians Lose Their Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.