Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

I Need Help Planning My Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I Need Help Planning My Wedding (2293 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Planning My Wedding by Nelbless(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
PLZ NAIRALANDERS, I AM HAVING A TOUGH TIME BUDGETING FOR MY MARRIAGE CEREMONY WHICH AM SCHEDULING TO EXECUTE THROUGH GOD'S GRACE COME EASTER 2013, MY SELF AND MY FIANCEE (BOTH FROM THE EAST) PLAN TO HAVE THE WHITE WEDDING AND USE THE TRADITIONAL WEDDING AS RECEPTION, BUT HOW EVER MY SELF AS THE DONKEY BANK ROLLING THE EVENT, HAVEN'T REALLY KNOWN THE KEY THINGS TO CONSIDER, GIFT ITEMS, EVENT ORGANIZING AND KEY EXPENDITURES THAT ARE IRREPLACEABLE.

location Enugu (brides state)
budget: #300,000 max
expected # of people: 200 max

WHAT WE SEEK IS A SIMPLE AND YET WELL DEFINED EVENT, PLZ UR ADVICE PLZ
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
hi, i am into event planning and i would love to help you as much as i can.although i don't live in enugu. that being said, if your budget cannot exceed 300,000 then reduce the number of your guests.
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
you need to start with a plan. kind of like a projection plan make a list of things that you cannot do without. by the way, does your budget include the traditional items you are to bring for the bride price?
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by Nelbless(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
trekkie: hi, i am into event planning and i would love to help you as much as i can.although i don't live in enugu. that being said, if your budget cannot exceed 300,000 then reduce the number of your guests.

well you know am in the west , while she is in abuja, most of my friend might be reluctant of the trip likewise hers, so i think it's just a relative rendezvous and some village champs.....so i felt 200 people should be a nice guess...or what do u think?
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
What i am saying is that even if the guests are only relatives and village champs, grin your budget may not be able to fed 200 guests as well as paying for the other stuff. that's why i asked if the bride price items are included in your budget. so we'll know how to further plan for the money. if the bride price items are not included then, that's one less demand on the money. sorry if the question seemed personal, it was just to help me get a clearer picture of how the money is to be spent. another question to ask yourself is 'will you get your wedding attire from this money or is this money just for feeding the guests? if the money is just for feeding your guests then you don't have any problem but if not, you'll have to do some juggling and prioritizing. smiley
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by Nelbless(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
trekkie: What i am saying is that even if the guests are only relatives and village champs, grin your budget may not be able to fed 200 guests as well as paying for the other stuff. that's why i asked if the bride price items are included in your budget. so we'll know how to further plan for the money. if the bride price items are not included then, that's one less demand on the money. sorry if the question seemed personal, it was just to help me get a clearer picture of how the money is to be spent. another question to ask yourself is 'will you get your wedding attire from this money or is this money just for feeding the guests? if the money is just for feeding your guests then you don't have any problem but if not, you'll have to do some juggling and prioritizing. smiley

THANKS TREKKIE

AM SO HUMBLED, WELL THE BRIDE PRICE HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF BY GOD'S GRACE, AGAIN BY WEDDING ATTIRE DO YOU MEAN[b] "MY TUXEDO AND HER GOWN AND OTHER LOCAL WEARS?"[/b], IF THAT'S WHAT YOU MEAN I HAVE IT OUTSIDE THE BUDGET AS I HAVE THEM COVERED OUTSIDE THE BUDGET....HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF WHAT I EXPECT....CAN THE MONEY COVER...

1. COST OF FOODS AND DRINKS
2. GIFT ITEMS TO PRESENT TO GUEST
3. GENERAL STUFFS....THAT I MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN...

HERE ARE ITEMS I HAVE UNDER BELT.

OUR WEARS AND HER BRIDE PRICE ........PLZ HELP
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by Royalty1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Do not forget Photography, Video coverage, Hall rentals/chairs, Decoration. I'll be willing to help you sort out your photography aspect once you are done talking with your event planner.
But I still think you need to reduce the number of your guests if you wish to give them souvenirs.
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2012
great! then since you have those things covered, we can then begin to plan. since you want to use your trad. wedd. as the reception, then you already have a good idea to save you a ton of money. first thing you'll need to settle is the venue. do you plan to rent a hall? or have it in the family compound? what is the size of the family compound can it accommodate your guests? (remember you are using this as reception too) since it is in the village i suggest that you look into any schools with a large field in that area and voila! you have a traditional wedding and garden reception to boot. garden receptions are really beautiful! i will send you pictures of one or two so you'll have an idea of what i'm talking about. as soon as i can. cheers
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
hi nbless. i have not had much time to go online so i got only one picture of a garden reception but you get the idea sha.

Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by Nelbless(m): 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
thanks so much treckie, that's so cool....discussed it with her and we both appreciate your innovative suggestion. tx once again
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by trekkie: 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
yeah wishing you guys all the best
Re: I Need Help Planning My Wedding by OmerianConsult: 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls contact Precious Cakes & Events through 08188360168, 08132232989 and callprecious@yahoo.com for the decoration, cakes, small chops, pastries, cocktail etc. Their price is modest and they work in any part of d country.

(1) (Reply)

What's On In Nigeria? (April 2013) / Emir Of Gombe, Chukwudi Oguejio, Dr Akpa, Others To Receive Indigenous Awards / Mobile Hall Available In all Sizes And Different Capacity For Rent (maquee Tent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.