Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' (17028 Views)

PSG Planning World-record £210m Bid For Messi / Rummenigge: €250m For Messi Is Absurd / Newcastle Staff Offered 1 Million Pounds To Beat Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Ibadiarann(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
An unnamed Russian club triggered Lionel Messi's automatic release clause with a staggering €250m (£205m) bid for the Barcelona star, a report claims.

..Spanish sports daily El Mundo Deportivo reports that the club agreed to pay more than double the world record transfer fee, and offered the Argentine a €30m (£24.6m) annual pay packet after tax.

Once that sum was offered Barcelona were contractually obliged to accept it - but from that point it was up to the player whether he was interested in leaving the club.

The bid came during Messi's recent contract negotiations with Barcelona.

However, the 25-year-old rejected the move and signed a two-year extension with Barça that ties him to the Camp Nou until 2018.

Although the club was not named it is likely to have been Anzhi Makachkala, who are owned by billionaire Suleyman Kerimov.

In 2011 Anzhi signed former Barça striker Samuel Eto'o, making him the highest-paid player in world football.

El Mundo Deportivo said Messi rejected the Russian move because of his desire to continue winning titles at Barcelona.

He scored a record 91 goals in 2012 and is expected to win his fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or.

Neither is Messi short of cash - in March it was revealed he earns £27m per year, topping up his £13m salary with sponsorships and endorsements.

Every player in Spanish football must have a minimum fee release clause in their contract. Cristiano Ronaldo's is the highest, standing at €1bn (£800m)

Source:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-russian-side-offered-205m-messi-101522470.html

2 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
What? £205million. Football is now mad money.
Who's gonna buy Cristiano Ronaldo for €1billion?

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Ibadiarann(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: What? £205million. Football is now mad money.

Who else. The Russians of course.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
A time ll come that Russians ll make Football more lucrative than robbery.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dridowu: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
I need to work hard also , so dat I can make it. With God all things are POSSIBLE

6 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by semid4lyfe(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
No be na wa, na real wa

I thought the UEFA Financial Fair-Play rule existed to curb reckless (expensive spending) & excesses like this or what's it all about?
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by TeenageMoney(m): 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wash... They are day dreaming
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Dopefiend(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
I am a ManUtd fan, and I have so much respect for Messi but I do not like him. He is actually the best player on earth. I really wish someone can dismantle the present Bacerlona team, they are just too good.

Maybe, Man Shitty can buy Iniesta, and maybe Bayern can go for Xavi and if possible PSG or Anzhi can go for Messi. In recent time, teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan are known to buy best players from other teams, maybe it will be nice to do the same to Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Siga: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
This Messi guy is simply blessed.....I bet even if na naija hin say hin wan come play for one single season....I am sure one money-miss-road Nigerian will pay up...cos of the returns....
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Marksule(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wow. No matter how much they offer. Messi is dedicated to barca and will never live the club
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Stalemate(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
...bros, QPR & MAN CITY CAN BUY HIM<CR7> & MESSI if they merge team cool
...bros, QPR & MAN CITY CAN BUY HIM<CR7> & MESSI if they merge team.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by creativemusic: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
The boy don shopulate to a higher level grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by goldfish80(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
This is †ђξ type of money one hear about απϑ he starts to question God cry

11 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by omiobo: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mehn!!!
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Ice4jez(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
dat is one player dat is forever going to be remembered unlike one rude boy way no dey hear word.messi all d way

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by sweetguy10(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Fkforyou(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'm just imagining how arsene wenger might be feeling now(so mad as if d money is his own) embarassed...well to me,this is reckless spending, at least €120m is enough.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by JamesLucia: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
this post is a guess work. guessing the club that made the offer be authentic jare.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Johnnoah1st: 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
dorothy111: I am a ManUtd fan, and I have so much respect for Messi but I do not like him. He is actually the best player on earth. I really wish someone can dismantle the present Bacerlona team, they are just too good.

Maybe, Man Shitty can buy Iniesta, and maybe Bayern can go for Xavi and if possible PSG or Anzhi can go for Messi. In recent time, teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan are known to buy best players from other teams, maybe it will be nice to do the same to Barcelona.
yeah u just wrote my mind, let them buy dis players from barca and we hear barca no more and as 4 messi i av said it severaly dat dis guy is just scoring because he was in barcelona and barca is already made team, if he is gud y is he afraid of going to another team, 4 example, ronaldo is gud and sure of himself dats y he move from man u to madrid and he still score goals, and even i had he we be moving from madrid at d end of dis season, and am sure if it was ronaldo dat was given dis offer he won't tink twice b4 accepting it, because he was sure and confidence in himself dat he can score many goals no matter any club he was and that is d definition of true football legend. No just a fluke dat scores only because he was in already made team.

12 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by mrkels(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
27 million per year? If he agrees to this transfer he ll get that in less than a week after the money is paid...Hmmmmm
20th to comment btw cheesy
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by duality(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
goldfish80: This is †ђξ type of money one hears about απϑ he starts to question God cry

some people will say; that kind of money is a product of just hard work. anyway, make we fashy that side.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Afam4eva(m): 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
These Russians get money no be small oo.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by jerk: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dat club is nt serious coz d knw messi wont agree.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by DANILSA(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
goldfish80: This is †ђξ type of money one hears about απϑ he starts to question God cry
EYAA POOR MAN, NO GO WORK HAMA STAY DE QUESTION GOD tongue tongue grin grin cheesy
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by DANILSA(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
mrkels: 27 million per year? If he agrees to this transfer he ll get that in less than a week after the money is paid...Hmmmmm
20th to comment btw cheesy
CANT REMEMBER EXTENDING THE REWARD TO 20TH,PLS TRY HARDER.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
sweetguy10: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dabrake(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
What can nasri, adebayor and ashley cole learn from this?
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by markus1133: 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
cool shocked shocked shocked
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Johnnoah1st: yeah u just wrote my mind, let them buy dis players from barca and we hear barca no more and as 4 messi i av said it severaly dat dis guy is just scoring because he was in barcelona and barca is already made team, if he is gud y is he afraid of going to another team, 4 example, ronaldo is gud and sure of himself dats y he move from man u to madrid and he still score goals, and even i had he we be moving from madrid at d end of dis season, and am sure if it was ronaldo dat was given dis offer he won't tink twice b4 accepting it, because he was sure and confidence in himself dat he can score many goals no matter any club he was and that is d definition of true football legend. No just a fluke dat scores only because he was in already made team.

I think the aim of a professional player is to conquer the world. Messi have won everything, it will be his choice to move to any other team. Gigg's is the most decorated player in English football, he started at Old Trafford, and he is still with Man Utd. I won't move either if I am Messi.

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by donchris369: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Johnnoah1st: yeah u just wrote my mind, let them buy dis players from barca and we hear barca no more and as 4 messi i av said it severaly dat dis guy is just scoring because he was in barcelona and barca is already made team, if he is gud y is he afraid of going to another team, 4 example, ronaldo is gud and sure of himself dats y he move from man u to madrid and he still score goals, and even i had he we be moving from madrid at d end of dis season, and am sure if it was ronaldo dat was given dis offer he won't tink twice b4 accepting it, because he was sure and confidence in himself dat he can score many goals no matter any club he was and that is d definition of true football legend. No just a fluke dat scores only because he was in already made team.
Guy what are you talking about? Barca dont want to release the guy because they know he is extra-good and not that messi dont want to leave barca.Besides,do you know the history of how messi started his career as a proffesional footballer in barca, go figure bro. Messi is eternally gratefull to barca for the help they rendered him to be were he is now.

Come to think of of it, do you think that if messi goes to madrid he wont be scoring goals like he does in barca. Do you know that madrid have the best players and coach in the world? Why try to compare messi and ronaldo? messi is far more better than ronaldo and the world knows that except for some few digruntled and biased people like you

11 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by hbrednic: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Messsi is not for sale

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UEFA Women's Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures. / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 4) On 10th April 2021 / Leicester City Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 9th May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.