Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' (17050 Views)

PSG Planning World-record £210m Bid For Messi / Rummenigge: €250m For Messi Is Absurd / Newcastle Staff Offered 1 Million Pounds To Beat Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
logica: Do I hear these m0r0ns still pulling out arguments out of their a$$es? All the players making waves in the EPL are La Liga imports:

Michu (Rayo Vallecano -> Swansea City)
Hernandez (Valencia -> Swansea City)
Cazorla (Malaga -> Arsenal)
Mata (Valencia -> Chelsea)

The list goes on and on. This also includes Torres from 4 years ago. Yet some dullards actually think the guy that outshines all of them combined in La Liga will not wreck havoc if he comes to the EPL? What does he need to prove? The EPL is a step-down. La Liga is on a higher level.

And what is the position of Chelshit, Swansea, Arsenal on EPL table? Messi is good, and Barcelona is even better, but some how they couldn't get past Celtic. Imagine how many celtic team-like in the EPL, teams that really want to sit home and let you play. La liga is boring!

3 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Sike(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
Best Rumour 2012.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
logica: Do I hear these m0r0ns still pulling out arguments out of their a$$es? All the players making waves in the EPL are La Liga imports:

Michu (Rayo Vallecano -> Swansea City)
Hernandez (Valencia -> Swansea City)
Cazorla (Malaga -> Arsenal)
Mata (Valencia -> Chelsea)

The list goes on and on. This also includes Torres from 4 years ago. Yet some dullards actually think the guy that outshines all of them combined in La Liga will not wreck havoc if he comes to the EPL? What does he need to prove? The EPL is a step-down. La Liga is on a higher level.

Gbam!!! I think you should ignore those dumb-skullz. If because Ronaldo has been to three different clubs makes him better than Messi, why is it that he is not been rated or compared to the all-time-greats Pele played the lion share of his career at Santos where he got all the fame he still has today. Are we to talk about Maradona and the then Napoli or the argentine team of then that he won the world cup with? I don't see the reason why one should argue with people who come up with baseless arguments up their a$$es.... Besides, if we wanna talk about players who rotate club every now and then, then I think Ibrahimovic should be rated as number one, not to mention Anelka...

Mes Que Un Club...

2 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
GOZILLA: 1. C.Ronaldo is d best player in the world. He has proved himself in 3 different leagues. 2. La liga is not upto EPL. What kind of league do two players score upto fifty something goals apiece per season? Na monkey post dem dey play?

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Memphis357(m): 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
الملكي فوق الله:

Stop Snorting Excrement

RonaldoCrissy can not do anything Better than Messi, With the Exception of Being a Prolific Diver

All RonaldoCrissy does is score goals...he does not make any players around him better...

and Even Still...Messi Is a More Prolific Scorer than He is..

So The Only thing Good at what Crissy Does, Messi still trumps him at.

You say La Liga is not up to the EpL...

What happened when your Mighty Manchester United Teams went to the champions league final twice and got smacked by Barca?

[size=15pt]!~Viva Barcelona Biitch~![/size]
Bleep dat joooooooor!!!!! Why didn't he score in the semi final against Man Utd in 2008? Wanna know why?? Cos the bitch was kept in check by Owen Hargreaves. Go figure that out,you dumb Bleep!!!

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
2sign: what re sum pple sayin,ronaldo left man u 2 a bigger club and he's a fan of madrid,why shld messi leave d best club in d world,2 where,if e leaver dn it's because of d moni.maldini,casilas,xavi,giggs,schole,adams re bin hailed as great playas,so why don't u pple say because dy only stayed in 1 club,dt dy re not gud enof.

Gbam! Not to mention Pele who played 90% of his career at Santos. Ignore people with their baseless and truancy arguments
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by logica(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
dorothy111:

And what is the position of Chelshit, Swansea, Arsenal on EPL table? Messi is good, and Barcelona is even better, but some how they couldn't get past Celtic. Imagine how many celtic team-like in the EPL, teams that really want to sit home and let you play. La liga is boring!
Dorothy? Are you a woman or some kind of male/female cross (ur profile says you are male)?

Yaya Toure
David Silva
Kun Aguero

Anyway, just this past weekend, football enthusiasts were treated to the finest on the very last game of La Liga for this year: Malaga vs Real Madrid. Not that you would recognize good football if it hit you right between the eyes; but I digress.

By the way, this thread is about Messi, not about Barca losing to Celtic (conveniently forgetting the hundreds of wins over similar bus-parkers).
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Memphis357:
Bleep dat joooooooor!!!!! Why didn't he score in the semi final against Man Utd in 2008? Wanna know why?? Cos the bitch was kept in check by Owen Hargreaves. Go figure that out,you dumb Bleep!!!

How come the boring La Liga teams beat up top teams in EPL Atletico Madrid demolished Chelsea (Same Athletico that are a team that got trashed by Madrid and Barcelona). Atletic Bilbao won Man Utd at home and away (This same team is being trashed by Spain's top four anyday, anytime). How about top EPL teams exiting the UEFA Champions league at group stages (Man Utd & Man City did it last year and Chelsea did it alongside Man City this year also while we have all four La-Liga teams in the competition still).... C'mon! What are you saying? Don't be naive...

EPL is tough right? How come Arsenal managed to go 49 matches unbeaten

Argue with facts bruv...

2 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by 1025: 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
enyimba of aba are ready to pay 400 million pounds.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Ekowise(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! SPEECHLESS......!!!!
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Hearme(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
dridowu: I need to work hard also , so dat I can make it. With God all things are POSSIBLE

Yes. even at age 35-40. you can make it. You will start with Enyimba, before moving to a division club and then become a superstar so that you can be bought for 205,000 naira at age 45.(LOL)
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by mkoabiola: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
I good pass messi ,only b say nja nva dscova me.
I regret y dem born me 4 nja.
Dem say mak I bring money b4 I play 4 National team.imagine.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
dmcdad:

How come the boring La Liga teams beat up top teams in EPL Atletico Madrid demolished Chelsea (Same Athletico that are a team that got trashed by Madrid and Barcelona). Atletic Bilbao won Man Utd at home and away (This same team is being trashed by Spain's top four anyday, anytime). How about top EPL teams exiting the UEFA Champions league at group stages (Man Utd & Man City did it last year and Chelsea did it alongside Man City this year also while we have all four La-Liga teams in the competition still).... C'mon! What are you saying? Don't be naive...

EPL is tough right? How come Arsenal managed to go 49 matches unbeaten

Argue with facts bruv...

I love your arguments, but you have forgotten so quickly, when 3 EPL teams made it to the semi-final- Looserpool, Chelshit and ManUtd. Besides that, in recent years, EPL have produced more semi-finalist than any other team in europe.
Meanwhile, Barcelona couldn't defeat 9 men chelshit team that finished 5th in EPL. Mind you, it is just the round of 16, wait till semi- final and see your precious la ligor teams.

Apart from Barcelona which other La ligor team have played more semi-final and final more than ManUtd and Chelshit in recent years? In fact, ManUtd have played more finals than Barcelona, one aganist chelshit and two aganist Barcelona which they won.

Note this, one EPL team will always make it to the final and tell it to Barcelona that Juventus are back to Europe

4 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by jabanz(m): 12:59am On Dec 28, 2012
Ibadiarann: An unnamed Russian club triggered Lionel Messi's automatic release clause with a staggering €250m (£205m) bid for the Barcelona star, a report claims.

..Spanish sports daily El Mundo Deportivo reports that the club agreed to pay more than double the world record transfer fee, and offered the Argentine a €30m (£24.6m) annual pay packet after tax.

Once that sum was offered Barcelona were contractually obliged to accept it - but from that point it was up to the player whether he was interested in leaving the club.

The bid came during Messi's recent contract negotiations with Barcelona.

However, the 25-year-old rejected the move and signed a two-year extension with Barça that ties him to the Camp Nou until 2018.

Although the club was not named it is likely to have been Anzhi Makachkala, who are owned by billionaire Suleyman Kerimov.

In 2011 Anzhi signed former Barça striker Samuel Eto'o, making him the highest-paid player in world football.

El Mundo Deportivo said Messi rejected the Russian move because of his desire to continue winning titles at Barcelona.

He scored a record 91 goals in 2012 and is expected to win his fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or.

Neither is Messi short of cash - in March it was revealed he earns £27m per year, topping up his £13m salary with sponsorships and endorsements.

Every player in Spanish football must have a minimum fee release clause in their contract. Cristiano Ronaldo's is the highest, standing at €1bn (£800m)

Source:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-russian-side-offered-205m-messi-101522470.html
FERGUSON JUST PRONOUNCED CRISTIS OWN NOT DAT ITWAS OFFICIAL
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 1:17am On Dec 28, 2012
dorothy111:

I love your arguments, but you have forgotten so quickly, when 3 EPL teams made it to the semi-final- Looserpool, Chelshit and ManUtd. Besides that, in recent years, EPL have produced more semi-finalist than any other team in europe.
Meanwhile, Barcelona couldn't defeat 9 men chelshit team that finished 5th in EPL. Mind you, it is just the round of 16, wait till semi- final and see your precious la ligor teams.

Apart from Barcelona which other La ligor team have played more semi-final and final more than ManUtd and Chelshit in recent years? In fact, ManUtd have played more finals than Barcelona, one aganist chelshit and two aganist Barcelona which they won.

Note this, one EPL team will always make it to the final and tell it to Barcelona that Juventus are back to Europe

I am loving your argument even more... when 3 epl teams made it to the semis, one La Liga team stood against them 3 epl teams that made it to the semis, who took the cup home? One team against three (Barcelona).

I know this is just round of 16 buh, you and I know very well that there are all indications that there might not be an epl team left after this round, right?

Note this also, no epl team will ever make it to this season's champions league final...

Capiche

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Roon9(m): 1:55am On Dec 28, 2012
If one has $1b, and D̶̲̥̅̊ fellow decides 2 spend $1000 daily, it would take abou 2471yrs before the money would be exhausted.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by ichommy(m): 2:46am On Dec 28, 2012
Afi Russian nan
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by metti(m): 4:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Johnnoah1st: yeah u just wrote my mind, let them buy dis players from barca and we hear barca no more and as 4 messi i av said it severaly dat dis guy is just scoring because he was in barcelona and barca is already made team, if he is gud y is he afraid of going to another team, 4 example, ronaldo is gud and sure of himself dats y he move from man u to madrid and he still score goals, and even i had he we be moving from madrid at d end of dis season, and am sure if it was ronaldo dat was given dis offer he won't tink twice b4 accepting it, because he was sure and confidence in himself dat he can score many goals no matter any club he was and that is d definition of true football legend. No just a fluke dat scores only because he was in already made team.
You must be daft! I don't think you know anything about football, is Real Madrid not a ready made team?
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by metti(m): 4:44am On Dec 28, 2012
hbrednic: Messsi is not for sale
God bless u.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Telez(m): 5:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by bigcycs: 7:27am On Dec 28, 2012
I am so darn sick and tired of all this messi V CR7 rants.CR7 is a great player no doubt I actually laud him,the fact that he has shown class in differnt leagues even further cements that fact

BUT messi is truly the best. A lot of people simply hate or are jealous of him and so they throw up the lame argument that "..he should prove himself in another league.." Yet they go silent on other proven legends like giggs ,gerard pele maradonna etc who did their thing in #1 league only.. Like they say haters are always gonna hate and no matter how hard u try a biased mind will always look for a reason to hate. They say he depends on xavi n iniesta...yet nobody bothers to look at the stats to see how many assists ,play making dis guy makes etc they don't even watch FCB games to see messi drop deep in d mid field to make some play bolsters d attack they only ask friends ..wetin barca play abeg-- then they go mscheww not again!!..should he just take d ball from the Goalie and dribble his way to the opposite goalie just so u haters r satisfied? Then u go .."Bleeh! He is selfish.."..doesn't CR7 have d likes of ozil, di maria or does he play and score alone??..I taya o!.. NO player can ever win a tea cup without his team so wen pple attribute individual successes to the help of team mates I just wonder wer their brains @ ,even when serena wins a grand slam(in an individual sport)..some recognition is given to her trainers etc how much more a team sport..wat the hell is wrong with people??!!!!

People say trash about messi not becuz he is a bad player but cuz they hate him ,they hate FCB ,they hate the way he/FCB keep winning..they pray he breaks a leg..they pray FCB looses,,silently they'll love him in their team and they can't so they hate and continue to find reasons to hate. o God! Hating is such hard work.
Personally I do not think the EPL is a lesser league than the Liga I just believe the EPL is really competitive in its own class yet I believe the spanish football quality is just awesome(some great players in there).sometimes I wish FCB can elect to play in the EPL for a change. so maybe the soccer body should originate a tourney that'll see teams playin in other leagues for a certain trophy I think it will be great seeing FCB compete in the EPL,bundesliga,serie A etc

Finally The fact is this. Messi will win the ballon d'or. Messi n.FCB will keep winning for a long time cuz their winnin is not a fluke or flash in d pan but a result of a footballing culture nutured over the ages fcb is so much more than just football .for sure they'll loose games(if not soccer will be boring) ,loose trophies but on d whole the wins will far over shadow the loss and guess what haters will still be behind they Tv screens,ipads,BBs etc doing what?..hating of cuz! Just life..am sure messi doesn't care about wat y'all say. he is devoted to fCB cuz the club gave him a shot @ greatness he is not driven by a desire to acquire money and personal greatness but a simple desire to play great football and God rewards the little legend and some pple just can't see this simple fact..*smdh*

3 Likes

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dridowu: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Hearme:

Yes. even at age 35-40. you can make it. You will start with Enyimba, before moving to a division club and then become a superstar so that you can be bought for 205,000 naira at age 45.(LOL)
evritin is not abt football, wit d little tin i do, WGATAP
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by 5much(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2012
Messi prefers winning trophies aat camp nou.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2012
Abeg.... God go cool down bless you... @bigcycs
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Arsenate(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2012
^the sad thing bro is u can never pass any point across to this haters. They've deliberately decided to play dumb whenever Messi is involved. Messi is gonna win the ballon d'or (his 4th and he's just 25, wow) and it wont even be his last. Haters keep on hating. It's just making y'all get dumber.
bigcycs: I am so darn sick and tired of all this messi V CR7 rants.CR7 is a great player no doubt I actually laud him,the fact that he has shown class in differnt leagues even further cements that fact

BUT messi is truly the best. A lot of people simply hate or are jealous of him and so they throw up the lame argument that "..he should prove himself in another league.." Yet they go silent on other proven legends like giggs ,gerard pele maradonna etc who did their thing in #1 league only.. Like they say haters are always gonna hate and no matter how hard u try a biased mind will always look for a reason to hate. They say he depends on xavi n iniesta...yet nobody bothers to look at the stats to see how many assists ,play making dis guy makes etc they don't even watch FCB games to see messi drop deep in d mid field to make some play bolsters d attack they only ask friends ..wetin barca play abeg-- then they go mscheww not again!!..should he just take d ball from the Goalie and dribble his way to the opposite goalie just so u haters r satisfied? Then u go .."Bleeh! He is selfish.."..doesn't CR7 have d likes of ozil, di maria or does he play and score alone??..I taya o!.. NO player can ever win a tea cup without his team so wen pple attribute individual successes to the help of team mates I just wonder wer their brains @ ,even when serena wins a grand slam(in an individual sport)..some recognition is given to her trainers etc how much more a team sport..wat the hell is wrong with people??!!!!

People say trash about messi not becuz he is a bad player but cuz they hate him ,they hate FCB ,they hate the way he/FCB keep winning..they pray he breaks a leg..they pray FCB looses,,silently they'll love him in their team and they can't so they hate and continue to find reasons to hate. o God! Hating is such hard work.
Personally I do not think the EPL is a lesser league than the Liga I just believe the EPL is really competitive in its own class yet I believe the spanish football quality is just awesome(some great players in there).sometimes I wish FCB can elect to play in the EPL for a change. so maybe the soccer body should originate a tourney that'll see teams playin in other leagues for a certain trophy I think it will be great seeing FCB compete in the EPL,bundesliga,serie A etc

Finally The fact is this. Messi will win the ballon d'or. Messi n.FCB will keep winning for a long time cuz their winnin is not a fluke or flash in d pan but a result of a footballing culture nutured over the ages fcb is so much more than just football .for sure they'll loose games(if not soccer will be boring) ,loose trophies but on d whole the wins will far over shadow the loss and guess what haters will still be behind they Tv screens,ipads,BBs etc doing what?..hating of cuz! Just life..am sure messi doesn't care about wat y'all say. he is devoted to fCB cuz the club gave him a shot @ greatness he is not driven by a desire to acquire money and personal greatness but a simple desire to play great football and God rewards the little legend and some pple just can't see this simple fact..*smdh*

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Shaw007(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2012
mallorca: Thank God say Messi no from Nigeria,
if not wetin wey we 4 dey see here na His Illuminati,

Psquare Illuminati
Flavour Illuminati
Tuface Illuminati
Dbanji Illuminati
Donjazzy Illuminati
wizkid Illuminati
Mikel obi Illuminati
Osaze/keshi Illuminati
Tb Joshua Illuminati
Chris oyakilo Illuminati
Cossy orjiakor Illuminati
ToTodike Illuminati
Aki&pawpaw Illuminati
Mr Ibu Illuminati
as i dey play Euro million every friday,D day wey e go enta 4 me smiley wetin u go hear na MALLORCA IS ILLUMINATI tongue
Messi na ur time use am well because Only God reigns forever!
Mr.man sharraP dia . .. Messi na iLLuminati. . .agree or dietonguetonguegrinundecided
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by dmcdad: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Shaw007: Mr.man sharraP dia . .. Maessi na iLLuminati. . .agree or dietonguetonguegrinundecided

Na una two join together abi
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2012
goldfish80: This is †ђξ type of money one hear about απϑ he starts to question God cry
LWKMD.
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Shaw007(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2012
bigcycs: I am so darn sick and tired of all this messi V CR7 rants.CR7 is a great player no doubt I actually laud him,the fact that he has shown class in differnt leagues even further cements that fact

gUy chop knuckle . . .i Love this ur essay die!!!!

As if u scanned through my mind and pasted it here . . . The guy is gr8,no other story,infact. . .its getting disrespectful 2 stILL be arguing at this point if he's d best in d world. . . We shud be talkIng abou history Like d rest of d worLd by Now

and 2 haters,jst keep it cOoL b4 u kiLL urselvs,awoN werey oLoshi

1 Like

Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Shaw007(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2012
dmcdad:

Na una two join together abi
ehn . . .dah Kind thInggrin
Re: Russian Side 'offered £205m For Messi' by Yahoo1(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2012
dorothy111:

Messi is the best player in the world at the moment, no doubt about that, but you won't know his ability until he try himself in other team or league. And something you fail to understand is that Messi scored 92 goals, meanwhile Rooney, Van Persie, Chicharito and Welbeck scored 90 goals between themselves. Imagine what will happen to your precious Barcelona if Messi stop scoring. Boring la ligor*
invalid arguement. u previously said Barca is an already made team...and messi cnt score without his barca team mates,now you turn to wonder wat will happen if messi stops scoring. bro find something u can analyze better than football..maybe rugby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On Sunday 22nd January 2012 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 7th October 2018 / Inter Milan Are Serie A Champions 2023/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.