|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1322391 members, 1917064 topics. Date: Friday, 06 March 2015 at 03:28 AM
|What Has Poverty Made You Do? by Jaykizz(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2012|
I aint 4rm a poor family to start with, but I grew up in a very strict family with a tough mother that had no tolerance for pampering her kids. When I was at a young age, poverty (I define it as the fact that I dnt always have money compared to the majority of my mates) made me steal money from my parents pockets so that I would be able to meet up with my peers: in Material Needs (school bags, socks sandals...), in Financial Needs- playing PlayStation and Sega and Eating nutricious food consistently during break time, and in Emotional Needs - being able to fend for my babe anytime we are together so that she'd love me more.
Because of my quest to become capable for myself as I grew older in life, I invested a sizeable amount of my earnings in Forex via some organisations called "Pennywise, Wealth Solution..."; I knew very little or nothing about this organisations but just because I wanted money, I risked it and I never got any of my money back coz I wasn't wise enough to play it smart back then. Till date, I havn't been able to recoup back a penny from those investments which has left me on subsistence level(I must say that I aint old at all o! Still in my twenties). The last one that happened to me was when I was duped when I ordered for a laptop online. The painful thing was not the money, it was just the time it happened. Coz I wasn't okay healthwise during that period.
WHAT HAS POVERTY MADE ME DO?
1. Poverty has been making me build myself as a person; making me develop on the other areas that I'm lacking.
2. It has been making me focus on how to build a sustainable career vis-a-vis my academics.
3. Poverty has made me change my orientation about life and people. It has shaped my belief and held me on a balance making me to believe that all will be well.
4. I'v seen my past quest in search of money as a stepping stone to greatness in the sense that it has made me wisen up not to be involved in shaddy deals coz they don't worth it.
5. I have learnt a lot and as I see myself being an entreprenuer in the future, it has made me have the knowledge and experience of doing business via the petty ones I have done.
6. Above all, it has made me realise that there is a God, who is the creator. He has been the fulcrum behind my engine and has been the steering wheel behind my car. It is only through him that we can achieve anything we need in life; be it having a successful career or being a good role model to people. The God factor matters the most!
May I ask what poverty has made you do?
|Re: What Has Poverty Made You Do? by k2039(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2012|
I was born with a golden spoon, raised with a clay spoon, I can't remember doing anything funny in spite of poverty(probably because of my up bringing, my mum sure did a lot of work in raising me).
As I grew older, I did my research on why some people are poor and others are rich, I realised poverty is a mindset, if you think you are poor, you are doomed.
I can go on and on, but all in all I have come to understand that I can never be poor again in my life, it has absolutely nothing to do with the money in my bank account.
All I need is to be wealth conscious, solve peoples problem, offer my service.
As long as my services are needed I can't be poor.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22