Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (892 Views)

Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos / Tanker On Fire Along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway / Photos Of Nigerians Scooping Petrol From Crashed Tanker On Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by kaffy4tope(m): 4:45am On Dec 28, 2012
Facebook news feed post by: FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS ( FRSC), NIGERIA
FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS ( FRSC), NIGERIA wrote:

Burning Tanker on Lagos - Ibadan, 2 Injured

At about 23:35hrs, at 1st AP, about 7km after Redeem Camp, along Lagos-Ibadan express, a tanker loaded with Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS) fell and caught fire. The two injured persons had been taken by the FRSC night resue team to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Shagamu for medical attention. Traffic has been diverted to Ibadan - Lagos carriageway at the Catholic turning point. Fire Service men from Shagamu were invited. Efforts on to remove the vehicle.

Source: Facebook page of FRSC
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by kaffy4tope(m): 4:59am On Dec 28, 2012
MOD, this really needs get to the first page cos it will help people travelling that route to know which alternative road to ply this morn.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Mynd44: 5:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Another one? Lawd have mercy
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Hardfact: 5:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Another unfortunate incident this festive period I guess. Hope these govt agencies will wake up and deal squarely with the situation, not relax till worst has come and gone.
Pray not another usual Nigerian man-made disaster maybe caused by bad roads, regulatory laxity, and the likes.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by k2039: 5:58am On Dec 28, 2012
kaffy4tope: MOD, this really needs get to the first page cos it will help people travelling that route to know which alternative road to ply this morn.

[color=soyouquotedme]The mod. is asleep.

Something really need to be done about this tankers plying thesame roads with other cars.

I was even thinking of the causes of this accident, it just struck me that some of this accidents could be due to static electricity, frankly I doubt if most of this tankers have any grounding protection.

I'm not saying that was the cause of the accident, but definitely some of the accidents would have been a result of lack of grounding protection, about time the agency in charge took this serious and made sure it's enforced that way the amount of accidents will reduce.

Just saying though, I don't have a forst hand information about the incident, just my observation
[/color]
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:17am On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmm so sad,naija goverment pls do something abt dis tankers
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Adufaye(m): 6:32am On Dec 28, 2012
na evry tin una go blame d govt?
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 6:50am On Dec 28, 2012
Haulage should be done not on the roads cos it makes our roads not to last. This is why the railway should be revived......heavy loads should be transported using train.

Wetin tankers de do on our roads with such dangerous and highly inflammeable spirit?

Sms....
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 7:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Adufaye: na evry tin una go blame d govt?
na attention u want abi? Oya, take am, i don give u.

Maybe we should blame the students , market women, shoe-shiners, the children, the aged and the blind for our woes.....

Sms.....
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by kaffy4tope(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Serious traffic along Lagos - Ibadan expressway this morn, oh lord, help us in 9ja.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Hardfact: 9:38am On Dec 28, 2012
caseless: Haulage should be done not on the roads cos it makes our roads not to last. This is why the railway should be revived......heavy loads should be transported using train.

Wetin tankers de do on our roads with such dangerous and highly inflammeable spirit?

Sms....
These tragidies usually point to failure of govt. And making our railways functional is like making Yaradua Musa president by 2015, to those in charge who can hardly put most busy major roads in good condition.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Adufaye(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2012
caseless: na attention u want abi? Oya, take am, i don give u.

Maybe we should blame the students , market women, shoe-shiners, the children, the aged and the blind for our woes.....

Sms.....
u are high on hi malt
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 10:53am On Dec 28, 2012
Hardfact:
These tragidies usually point to failure of govt. And making our railways functional is like making Yaradua Musa president by 2015, to those in charge who can hardly put most busy major roads in good condition.
if u take cross-section of our roads, u'd be forced to believe that they have short life-span. So, haulage on them is bad. U can imagine how many tons those dangote trucks carry at ago....7tons. U can even see their tyre-print on the roads due to the weight they impose.

They should make our railway work and save our roads....

The gov't is not helping issues.....at all.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by kaffy4tope(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2012
caseless: if u take cross-section of our roads, u'd be forced to believe that they have short life-span. So, haulage on them is bad. U can imagine how many tons those dangote trucks carry at ago....7tons. U can even see their tyre-print on the roads due to the weight they impose.

Wise words man
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 11:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Adufaye: u are high on hi malt
hahahahahahahahah.......u make me laff die!

No be only hi-malt na seven-up.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2012
kaffy4tope:

Wise words man
thank u, bro!
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Hardfact: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2012
caseless: if u take cross-section of our roads, u'd be forced to believe that they have short life-span. So, haulage on them is bad. U can imagine how many tons those dangote trucks carry at ago....7tons. U can even see their tyre-print on the roads due to the weight they impose.

True talk bro. I've always known our roads are anything but maintained/standard. Reason there's really nothing to be excited after their bogus road construction works. Yet I wonder where they'll find the spirit to resurect the railway when the more basic roads are impossible.
Re: Burning Tanker On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway by Caseless: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hardfact:

True talk bro. I've always known our roads are anything but maintained/standard. Reason there's really nothing to be excited after their bogus road construction works. Yet I wonder where they'll find the spirit to resurect the railway when the more basic roads are impossible.
i thought as much. It is forseable that our railway will remain lifeless for years to come.....no plan underway. No one can tell why things are jst as they are in this country....

Sms.....

(1) (Reply)

What Manner Of Man Is Ode.ni.igbo. Aroli On Niaraland / Do You Remember Any Of These???:d / Anacoda Caught In Kwara State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.