Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland (953 Views)

Help From Experienced Oil And Gas Nairalanders / ICAN MAY 2016 Diet(professional Level)....lets Rub Minds / Am In Search Of Great Minds To Join My Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Am a 200level student of Business Management (a four years course) in Abia State UniversitY Uturu(ABSU) I have always dreamt of working in Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN)in future time and has been also working very hard to come out with good grades by building my Gp's(I had 4.20 in my 1st year), am so devoted to my studies and was ignited to do researchs and know more about my dream work place as earlier mentioned, I came to know about 'INTERNSHIP' which I made more research on to know more about it but to realise it was for both post-graduates and Under-graduates... The truth is that I now want to apply for INTERNSHIP in central bank.
QUESTIONS:
How possible is it?
Is it a giant step?
And what are the norms for applying?.
Matured advice please!!! constructive criticism is allowed!!!insults are highly prohibited.....

NOTE:

my going there for internship is not an assurance of my getting d job in future, I know,but my chances of getting employed when applied in future will neither be slim because of my work experience with them while interned. Remember you can be employed immediately you finish your degree if you are the intelligent type(I believe am blessed with that by God).

WAItinG foR your contributions.....
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by nitrogen(m): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^^ please re-write this, else none will comment. They won't, believe me.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nitrogen.. Am a big liar if I say I undstnd u
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 12:52am On Dec 29, 2012
Pls am waitn for ur contributions my big shots n experienced nairalanders ur wise suggestions is needed:>
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by 2sexy(m): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2012
malon tee: Nitrogen.. Am a big liar if I say I undstnd u
Nitrogen is right.It is so sad that we have allowed sms text to soil our writing therefore distorting the meaningful nature of our expression.

edit what you have written like a true student which you claim to be. Write it in a full sentences, well structured paragraphs and pass your message across.

1 Like

Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by Caracta(f): 1:34am On Dec 29, 2012
What is it with students and abbreviations these days?
OP, please modify your post.

1 Like

Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 2:03am On Dec 29, 2012
Am very sorry about my juvenile behaviour in the aspect of using abbreviations.*Apologies* Still waiting for advice,contributions as the case maybe
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by Caracta(f): 2:14am On Dec 29, 2012
Nice one OP. Well, your idea is a good one. But you'll have to find out more about CBN. It's a good place. You can even pay a visit to any of their branches and make friends with someone there. Ask questions. The person might even provide you with all necessary information. You can even visit their website and make necessary connections.

You may volunteer to work with them without pay. Get interested in what they do.

2 Likes

Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 2:22am On Dec 29, 2012
Thanks alot i appreciate@ Carcta.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 2:23am On Dec 29, 2012
More comment! Keep it coming!
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 2:37am On Dec 29, 2012
Still waiting!!
Bring it on!!!
Your contributions are highly needed.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by jaybee3(m): 6:44am On Dec 29, 2012
I doubt you had be able to get an internship as a business management student if you don't already know anyone working at the cbn.
In my opinion, you will need to be studying something along the line of economics, statistics, actuarial science to even stand a chance of being considered.

Good luck
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by 2sexy(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
malon tee: Am very sorry about my juvenile behaviour in the aspect of using abbreviations.*Apologies* Still waiting for advice,contributions as the case maybe
* ring ring, ring ring* Now you are talking! cheesy cheesy cool
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
Thanks alot Jay for your contribution but i dont concur with you, because the last time i checked you can be interned as a buisness manager only if you apply. Still waiting for your objection/contradiction if any.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
keep it coming!
Your comments!
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
Still waiting for your contributions!!!!
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by iweoru: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Speak with CBN to see what type of internships they offer and to whom these types of internships are available to. Companies typically look for applicants within specific academic faculties for consideration. When speaking with them, ask about the application process. Letters of reference or your school transcripts may be required.

Have you also considered interning for other businesses? Try to cast your net wide as you don't want to invest your resources in one location and then be rejected by the company.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
malon tee: Still waiting for your contributions!!!!
Firstly, I will advise you not to get too fixated about working in CBN. That's one mistake aspiring undergraduates make. I made same. Focus your attention more on developing the right skills, rather than a particular workplace.
While I am not discouraging you from trying to have an internship with CBN, you can have same experience with other organizations with similar skills set. The fact that you have an internship experience with CBN does not in any way guarantee you a job there. Likewise, not having an internship with CBN does not forbid you in any way from working for the organization.
Like some said, network around and find people that work in CBN. They will offer more definite advice on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by Mustay(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2012
The CBN I know, it may be difficult to get an internship except you already know someone. However, like others have said, go to their branch and make some enquiry. Yeah, one poster made mention of being fixated - why don't you give the finance ministry a chance be it state or federal.

You can also search for 'wIntern' on FB - they have some openings.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 5:12am On Jan 03, 2013
I thank you all for your humble and educative contributions. Well for the case of making inquiries from their branchs i will do that in no distance time, once the start work i wouldn't mind making it the first task am carrying out this year. For not getting too fixed in working in CBN, i will give that a second thought.
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 5:15am On Jan 03, 2013
keep it coming!
Your contribution(s) matters alot!!
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by lightheart(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Say hi to my uncle. Prof. Allisn grin
Re: AN Urgent Help From Matured N Experienced Minds In Nairaland by malontee(m): 1:45am On Oct 02, 2013
lightheart: Say hi to my uncle. Prof. Allisn grin

That's my HOD!

Will do that grin

(1) (Reply)

Maths Guru This Woman Needs Ur Help!!!!! / Register To Attend The 5th Annual Gtbank Autism Conference / I Am Not Falling For That Trap’ Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg Tells Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.