Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

How To Reborn The Dying Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Reborn The Dying Nollywood (703 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Heroes Reborn. / Heroes Reborn(season 5) Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reborn The Dying Nollywood by STTITUS(m): 1:19am On Dec 29, 2012
It's very sad that film productions in Nigeria don't worth it at all. Most of our producers, directors and even artistes lack professionalism. I'm sure that some films don't have scripts, imagine! Artistes are told what to act not that they read it. Also, any artiste who is popular is capable of directing a movie. In many ways would I say that Hollywood is far better.
But, there are some Filmmakers who try to be exceptional here too. We have great directors like Tunde Kilani- a graduate of London film school- the director of films like, Maami-showing all over the world, Tunderbolt, etc. Kunle Afolayan- a New york film school graduate- a director of Figurine, Irapada, Phone swap, etc. Both with international audiences, Chineze Anyeane- MFA Filmmaking, New york film academy- director of Ije. Others include Faruk Lasaki, Stephanie Okereke ( New york film school graduates), Obi Emelonye, director of Last flight to Abuja, The mirror boy, etc.
I see the defects of Nollywood emanating from lack of professionalism. Most of the popular artistes didn't undergo any training in Filmmaking. And even filmmaking is not in our univeristies instead, we have theatre arts, dramatic arts, etc. While the present literature of our time is film! Anyway, those that studied film are doing their best to rebrand it. But in 20years, Nollywood can't compete with Hollywood. See James Cameroon, Steven speilberg, Goerge Lucas, Jon Landanu, etc. These are the few out of many in American Film industry(Hollywood) , all studied filmmaking.
So, my advice to Nollywood is that there should be time alloted to pre-production, production and post-production so that there would be standard in production. Not that films should be done in ten days. In Hollywood, at least for a production it's twelve months or more Thanks.
Re: How To Reborn The Dying Nollywood by ATMC(f): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2012
D above mentioned films are beautiful...though i saw like 3 of 'em in cinema, they really are good...nothing compares to professionalism, not just dabbling into what you do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors And Their Movies Reputations / American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 / I need your help on how to download movies on my phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.