Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,833 members, 7,956,153 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland (559 Views)

Get Higher Revenue For Your Youtube Contents / Barclays may remove Nigeria's Membership In EM Local Currency Bond Index / CBN To Go Tough On CIBN Membership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland by FXKing2012(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
Facebook started in 2004 and today it is one of the biggest technology companies in the world with over 1 billion users. Nairaland started in 2005 and today it is one of the biggest technology companies in Nigeria with less than 1 million members.

Facebook is ranked 2nd in the world by Alexa while Nairaland is ranked 1st in Nigeria. Facebook made a revenue if $3.71 billion in 2011 while nairaland made....(fill in the gap).

I have some suggestions on how to increase membership and revenue for nairaland:

1) Nairaland must widen its scope; the website must have a global perspective by creating more boards to cater for a world-wide audience. Nairaland must not be complacent;

2) There is the need for more awareness by advertising Nairaland on Facebook, Google, and other major websites. This will draw new members and advertisers from all over the world thereby increasing membership and revenue;

3) Nairaland app should be created;

4) A board purely for business transaction should be created where business transactions can be conducted with Nairaland charging a commision for every deal successfully carried out. A classic example is www.alibaba.com;

5) Yearly charges may be introduced to members who wish to become platinum, gold or silver members.

6) Nairaland must increase the capacity of its server(s) in order to stop being overwhelmed all the time because that could be frustrating for some users;

7) Nairaland may want to consider an IPO just like facebook did. Being listed on the exchange brings in huge capital and increases awareness/visibility;

cool FXKing2012 should be made the Nairaland business consultant for more ideas on raising revenue and membership.

You may want to drop more ideas on how to move Nairaland forward in order to be able to compete with Facebook et al.
Re: Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland by FXKing2012(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland by udemzyudex(m): 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
nice idea,but one tin i av notice about u is that u always want to draw attention to urself...u're an attention seeker....good idea grin
Re: Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland by FXKing2012(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
udemzy_udex: nice idea,but one tin i av notice about u is that u always want to draw attention to urself...u're an attention seeker....good idea grin

maybe itz becos I'm the very best at wat I do.
Re: Tips On How To Increase Membership And Revenue For Nairaland by FOD(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2012

(1)

The Most Profitable Way To Lunch A Sales Campaign! / Water Factory / Life Changing Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.