Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. (628 Views)

Writes In The House, I Need Your Help. / Is There Any Director Of Movie In The House? I Have A Script Fully Screenplay / Any Star Wars Fans in the house? I have episode 3 Spoilers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by andrewdg(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
hello nairalanders, Andrew needs someone that can help him with final-draft software. i need to deliver a script in that format. and i don't have the money to buy it right now, but surely i will.
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by VillageBoi(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
If you just need the script in the right format then download 'Celtx' for free... or did 'they' specifically ask for a Final Draft 'file'? And if they did; it's a very odd request and what 'version' are they running anyway?
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by ekwurekwu(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
VillageBoi: If you just need the script in the right format then download 'Celtx' for free... or did 'they' specifically ask for a Final Draft 'file'? And if they did; it's a very odd request and what 'version' are they running anyway?

I second villageboi.
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by VillageBoi(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
ekwurekwu:

I second villageboi.

My bro, Happy New Year! Hopefully it was a minor thing and he went with Celtx. I don't think Final Draft is backward compatible with older versions as in FD8 cannot be opened with FD7 and so on; he still hasn't said which one yet.
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by ekwurekwu(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
VillageBoi:

My bro, Happy New Year! Hopefully it was a minor thing and he went with Celtx. I don't think Final Draft is backward compatible with older versions as in FD8 cannot be opened with FD7 and so on; he still hasn't said which one yet.

bro, wishing you good health and better filming. You got it there.
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by andrewdg(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks villageboy. And others. I was considering final draft because of the professionalism of the person I ǟ♍ dealing with. Since you recommend celtex, I will go with î†. I was in location before that's why I have not responded.
Re: Writers In The House, I Need Your Help. by VillageBoi(m): 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
andrewdg: Thanks villageboy. And others. I was considering final draft because of the professionalism of the person I ǟ♍ dealing with. Since you recommend celtex, I will go with î†. I was in location before that's why I have not responded.

You're welcome Andrew. That answers some questions. It's let's us know you don't have to have Final Draft. I have Celtx too but don't use it as I've always used Final Draft, the only time I open it is if someone sends me a Celtx script. Also when you do a google search to download it do not add an 'e' as in celt-'e'-x it's CELTX.

Any free scriptwriting software is more than good enough to get you writing your scripts in a 'professional' format. Good luck with your writing. All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

70th Annual Golden Globe Awards: TV Guide / Which TV Station Is The Best In News Updates / Moses Becomes Nigerian Idol Season 3 Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.