Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read (2425 Views)

I Cant Chek My Gce Results / Can't Remember My Gce 2007 Exam Number / I Need Information For My Gce Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by lakeside00(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2008
HERE IS WHT I OBTAINED IN NOV/DEC (GCE) RESULT, ECONOMICS C6,GEOGRAPHY F9, ENGLISH C6, YORUBA C5, FURTHER MATHS F9, MATHS C4, BIOLOGY C6, PHYSICS C6,

THEY NEVER INCLUDE CHEMISTRY ON THIS LIST AND I SAT FOR IT, UR OPINION WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRICIATIVE .AND I WISH TO READ COMPUTER SCIENCE CAN I STILL GO FOR THAT OR SOMETHING ELSE?THANKS
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by Cassiel(f): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2008
In this year's JAMB brochure for Computer Science you need five 'O' level passes to include English language,Mathematics,Physics,plus two other science subjects.
UME requirements(if you're writing jamb exam) are Mathematics,Physics,and one of Biology,Chemistry,Agricultural science,Economics and Geography. Hope this is helpful.Goodluck.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by dot2002(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2008
Go for what interest you, because you must have figured computer sc. out as a good option for you. Stick with plan A for as much as you can, explore all avenues, northern unis don't ask too much questions. And some of your friends may have connections that is also very important. tara.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by lakeside00(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2008
@dot2002,  so u mean with the result i have at hand now i can still go ahead and read computer science? despite the exclusion of chemistry.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by dequeen(f): 10:37am On Feb 22, 2008
why cant u do what ur heart desires, u hv a good result.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by lakeside00(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2008
am very much greatfull to all the nairaland members that have contibuted in advicing me, so with all the advises and words of encouragement i got from u guys, is it possible for me to take,  MATHS, ENGLISH, PHYSICS AND  ECONSOR PROBABLY CHEMISTRY in Jamb or wht. Or if anybody know wht best subject to write in Jamb for COMPUTER SCIENCE. Thanks for ur contribution.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by lakeside00(m): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
but with this present result, can one read computer science?
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 26, 2008
@poster, computer science without F. maths, betr get anthr exam if you really want that course.you ve a most neutral result, i'd advice you take a neutral course in the commercials or arts, nevr in the sciences.candid.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Feb 26, 2008
lakeside00:

but with this present result, can one read computer science?

Here is my professional advice to you. I am a Software Engineer myself and I can tell you that what I use out here in the field is not my GPA or how much I know of this and that but my comprehension of logic and ability to express it in code in the most effective way. Do not rush college. If no college takes you with your scores, do not feel it is the of the world cause it might actually turn out to be the best for you if you use your time well. If you can, get yourself a personal computer and get books so you can learn computer science logic. If you are looking to be a programmer, I will suggest you start by picking one of the freely used languages out there and pick books written by actual developers and start reading and learning as much as you can.

Suggested books

INtroduction to C++, Introduction to Java Introduction to C#, Introduction to Visual Basic

Then follow these by trying your hands on Data Structures in whichever language you choose, while you are working on this portion, work on improving your grades as well for the next year. If you are able to do all this and learn the very basics as well as practise, you may realize that computer science is not just about school and even be able to get a job directly with the much you learn. Many of the programmers I work with never had formal tertiary level education in the field. They are mostly self taught and many went ahead and got a certification after teaching themselves and are working and earning just as much as their college educated counterparts are.
Re: Have A Look At My Gce Result And Give Me Ur Advise On Which Course To Read by lakeside00(m): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2008
nice of u kobojunkie, i willl like to meet u soon. further advice will be wellcome

(1) (Reply)

Uniben 2009/2010 Post Ume/de Cut-off Mark And Admission Status / Private Universities In Nigeria That Doesnt Require Jamb / 2011-2012 Addmision @ Near East University Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.