Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently (599 Views)

I Need Legal Advice, Labour Advice And Opinions Pls..... Save My Soul, Nl / Legal Advice Needed Urgently / Free Legal Advice For Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2012
I dont know whether this section is the right place to post this topic but i need legal advice on this issue. my sister paid her hostel rent feb 2012 at the cost of 75k for 1 year,the hostel is owned by a private individual.well just yesterday she recieved a call from a friend that her landlord has evicted her,the landlord shamelessly broke her door,packed out her properties outside and rented the room to another individual without contacting her.meanwhile she has been on semester break since november and according to people they said letter of eviction was pasted on her door.please can she sue her landlord for infringement of contract.
Re: Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently by hrmkz: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2012
Talk to a lawyer with facts!
Re: Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently by Zaynee63: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Yes she can sue for damages for trespass to land, chattel and breach of contract. She can also sue for aggravated damages for the loss occassioned by the landlord's unwarrnated action. Just consult a local lawyer within the vicinity of the school location.
Re: Help!!! Legal Advice Needed Urgently by Jerie(m): 3:04am On Jan 01, 2013
Zaynee63: Yes she can sue for damages for trespass to land, chattel and breach of contract. She can also sue for aggravated damages for the loss occassioned by the landlord's unwarrnated action. Just consult a local lawyer within the vicinity of the school location.

Engage a lawyer - 200K
Each Court appearance - 5/7k
Wait 3 years for the Court's judgment.

(1) (Reply)

How Cani Get Contract / Free Offer: Pursue Your Dream And Study In Canada / Our Genuine Company That Deals In Quality Products Of Diesel And Kerosine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.