Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie (6902 Views)

Link To Download Passion Of Christ / Behold The "Satan" In "The Passion of the Christ" / Gotv Launches Telemundo(core Mexican/american Series Channel) Feel The Passion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Canuck121(m): 7:30am On May 11, 2006
Hi Folks,

I'm just new here from Canada and I wanted to say well quite a few things. I can say that this movie was extremely well made well written and well documented. It was an emotional film and how-ever I just seem to find what really irritates me is how Hollywood which is run by Jews (no I'm not anti-semitic) did not want this film viewed in theaters nor did they assist Mel Gibson and support it. It bothers me because I will always see how the Jews were persecuted by the Germans over and over again on the History Channel, Schindlers List, the Holocaust, even in Life is Beautiful. But when the Christians put together a film and it  underlines the Jews as the persecutors all hell breaks loose. Now we have the Da Vinci Code a year later in an effort to combat the release of The Passion of Christ. The Da Vinci Code is nothing but Fiction even the Japanese who are bBuddhistshave said that it holds very little truth. But who am I to say. All I can say is we've come to an age where there should be acceptance of each others beliefs and thats it. Just because worships God different from another they should not be persecuted.
The subject of the chosen people. I believe we are all his chosen people so long as we believe in him. It does not matter what your religion is of course as long as  you are not a satanic worshipper you'll be fine.
Thats it and that what I have to say peace unto you all and many blessings.
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Reverend(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2006
@ Canuck

Now you know why the two biggest Jewish holidays of the year are Hanukkah and the Oscars!

The Jews control the media unfortunately. It is not a healthy situation at all. The Jewish lobby in the USA are very strong and manipulative.

As you say, it is healthy to ram Holocaust films down our throats at every opportunity, but show one film about Jesus Christ and they are up in arms!

Ask yourself this one question. More than 60 million people died in World War 2 , Why are we forced to remember only the 6 million Jews that died?

They will tell the reason is that it was the way in which they died. If your dead you are dead! It makes no difference to the victim.

Politics!

You will not see Mel Gibson in any new Hollywood movies anytime soon that is for sure cry
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Vieira(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2006
The Da Vinci Code is nothing but Fiction even the Japanese who are bBuddhistshave said that it holds very little truth.

Can you explain this line a bit further, as I did not understand what you were getting at.

Regarding the jews, well if you were in charge of a cinema and they were about to release a film about your people or your tribe and it depicted them in a bad light, you might act in that way as well.

It is human nature not to want to be criticised.
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Seun(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2006
You will not see Mel Gibson in any new Hollywood movies anytime soon

The money that Mel Gibson made will be a source of emotional comfort for him in this uncertain period. cheesy

Of course, the Da Vinci Code is fiction. (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code).
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Vieira(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2006
Let's get something straight:

The story in Davinci Code is fiction

The concepts and ideas that it's based on are not fiction.

They are ideas that have been around for awhile and have been better documented in other arenas.

Dan Brown just took the ideas and wrote a thriller around them.

The idea of a bloodline of Jesus has been around a long long time. Funny enough it is even in the Matrix!
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by MrBean(m): 3:11pm On May 11, 2006
@ tamia

I think my point is clear enough. In case you didnt get it let me reiterate or rather rephrase;

I think it borders on hypocrisy and misplaced priorities when christians shed tears at a movie about the killing of one man and don't even bat an eyelid or talk about the people that are dying in their hundreds of thousands.

You see these things on TV in dafur, Somalia, Rwanda, Sierra leonne etc.

even Jesus urged Christians to rejoice at his death (thats another days topic). He said it was for the greater good. He also said: How can you claim you love God that you cannot see when you don't love the humans you can see.

I Cor 13:1 the greatest of all is LOVE and that is why he came. He demonstarted his LOVE by dying for peoples sins.

How many christians today are like the religious people that passed by a dying man only for a samaritan who wasnt even a believer hepled him

A lot of christians do the same today. worry about themselves, seeking miracles, health, wealth only to call the poor people unbelievers. Christianity is supposed to be selfless. Bible say let him that work, work hard so he will have enough to GIVE not LIVE.

I have to stop now. Just think if i am following Jesus, will He want me to cry at his death that has brought me life or Live to glorify him by making my world better by being my brothers keeper.

food for thought.
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by tamia(f): 7:35pm On May 11, 2006
people cry when they watch the movie not because they feel pain but because they see a man who suffered for all their sins and yet we still continue to sin against Him
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by MrBean(m): 7:41pm On May 11, 2006
I doubt that is the reason majority of them cry. although i am sure you are right about a sizeable number of them.

Bottom line for me is still christianity based on emotions will lead nowhere. But christianity based on charity and action will win you eternity.

Peace
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by tamia(f): 7:44pm On May 11, 2006
wateva
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by MrBean(m): 7:50pm On May 11, 2006
@tamia

Did you say whatever?

Now I see.

Cheers.
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by neelsel(f): 6:53pm On May 12, 2006
It is such an awful thing to listen to how people still disregard the sacrifice Jesus paid for us. I do not intend to sway anyone from his/her religious belief, afterall Christ could care less about what religious you belong too. He is more content with your heart.
Mel Gidbson or not, the fact is the crucifixion happened, and we must never attempt to dismiss the facts. I have heard people said they would not look at the movie because it is too horrible. Wake up! people, it was a horrible day when they crucified Him.
To each its own, but Christ is my main man and He deserves nuff' respect. He rose from the dead while others rot away.
Peace!!!
Re: The 'Passion Of Christ' Movie by Oracle(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2006
It is a very touching movie, i cried, cried and cried when i watched it.
that movie will make you quit your life of sin immediately without looking back.

After assisting at the Stations of the Cross last night, I went to see The Passion of the Christ again. It was a large Penn State university crowd, and I was one of only six adults. After the movie was over, a good 20 of those students stayed for all of the credits, and when they were finished, i.e., the screen blank and the music over, they just sat dumbfounded in silence staring at the blank screen. I had never seen anything like it. It was as if the students didn't want to leave the presence of God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mortal Engines 2018 Dual Audio 720p Download / Soap Operas On AIT. / Korean Drama - The K2 Episode List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.