Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice (438 Views)

[Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online / Customer Service In A Nigerian Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Abujafood: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Facebook is Africa’s most visited website. This is a fact that individuals and local businesses are just beginning to grapple with. With over 17 million users across Africa, the social network has created an opportunity for businesses to connect with people in a closely knit and personal way.

Africa has always been known as the “dark continent” when it comes to technology, yet the advent of social media has unleashed a torrent of information about the activities and thoughts of Africans in the most dynamic way. The sheer volume of content spewing out on various social media networks by Africans has shifted old ideas and myths about people on the continent, particularly myths about how Africans do business has been radically altered.

Many Nigerian businesses, rather than creating a website have created a Facebook page which they use to easily communicate with their customers on the social site. Twitter through a mixture of up to date micro-blogging and updates, has also ferociously grown to be the social media hub of choice for many local businesses to network and connect to customers. The rapid use of Twitter, especially by young Nigerians has paved the way for a new form of digital social communication that simply put has revolutionized the way Nigerians interact with each other and share content.

Read More
Re: Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Good write up, but too long. Twitter has a reason for limiting the number of character one can tweet.
Re: Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Abujafood: 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
@Brand New

Thanks for the comment I think I'll shorten this write up a bit to encourage readers.
Re: Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Jkhaliph: 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
Great write up. The emergence of social media has revolutionized the way brands connect with their customers.
I was actually thinking about launching a branch of my company in Nigeria so.
Check it out www.cluzzy.com, its an online marketing and web development company currently based in Atlanta.
Let me know your thoughts, shoot me an email cluzzy@cluzzy.com
Re: Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2012
Jkhaliph: Great write up. The emergence of social media has revolutionized the way brands connect with their customers.
Check it out www.cluzzy.com, its an online marketing and web development company currently based in Atlanta.
Your website is a wix site and it's busy trying to connect to ur domain.
Need help with that? Then P.M me.
Re: Social Media For Nigerian Business Is No Longer A Choice by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2012
Jkhaliph: Great write up. The emergence of social media has revolutionized the way brands connect with their customers.
Your website is a wix site and it's busy trying to connect to ur domain.

(1) (Reply)

Free Report On Online Biz / WDY Subscriptions Imminent | Wetin-dey.com / Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.