Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

My Conversation With 2013 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Conversation With 2013 (472 Views)

See My Conversation With A Friend. / My Conversation With A SA Woman / My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Conversation With 2013 by Dygeasy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
I got into my car at exactly 11pm on the 31st December 2012 trying to get to the airport to pick up 2013 from where he is coming from. I drove, sped, slowed down, swerved, did everything possible to make the 12:00am mark so as to welcome the 2013 'guy' properly. The traffic was jameed, there was no way I could possibly make it considering the fact that I had 15 minutes left. Just like me, so many other people were going to different places to either await the coming of the year or celebrate its arrival. I relaxed and suddenly everyone around me broke into excitement and shouts of happy new year rented the air. I was thinking of how I'd start the year when I heard a voice beside me..

2013: Hi happy to see me?

Me: sure yeah of course how was the trip?

I noticed the 2013 guy had a very big bag with him which aroused my curiousity

Me: So what is it you have in stock?

2013: A lot my brother, both the good and the bad.

Me: We all aren't expecting anything bad this year, why those bad things?

2013: I also argued when I was given these bags but when they were explained to me, I had to ask for more. You see those things are inevitable. Do you think those people who have been putting sorrow into other people's hearts won't be repaid with sorrow? Or someone who has been looting and squandering the money meant for the masses wouldn't be judged accordingly? Or a student who doesn't prepare for an examination wouldn't fail? Or a rich man's son who thinks he can do anything crashed with his motorbike while riding it at breakneck speed wouldn't die? Or an actress who is known only for acting tries to sing without the talent wouldn't be yabbed or insulted? Or a celebrity who wants to show off publicly in expectation of praises and retweets and doesn't go down well with the public wouldn't be dissapointed? All these things will happen. You will only get the goody bags if and only if you do things right and well.

Me: You're absolutely right. But me as a normal guy, what should expect?

2013: Like I said earlier, just do things right, believe in whatever you want to do, strengthen your faith, be punctual and reliable and face every challenge like its a new day. Great things are in store for you only of you do it right.

Me: hmmm... Thanks. I'll do my best not to blame you as a disappointing year like I did 2012.

2013: I'd look forward to that

Me: Yeah... So where do you go from here?

2013: Nowhere, I'll just hand over the different bags to each of my 12 offspring; january to december to give them to whom each is due and at the completion of the mission, we'd see where we're at.

Me: Welcome and I wish myself a happy new you

2013: Yo man!

Wish y'all a happy new year
Re: My Conversation With 2013 by Dygeasy(m): 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
Wow!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Fashola Fixing Urban Road At The Expense Of Rural Roads? / Yam Can Give You Twins / Events To Attend This Valentine.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.