Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Airtel's New Year Deduction - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's New Year Deduction (1585 Views)

Airtel New Unbelievable Data Plan.....(pic) / Airtel's New Cheap Data Plan! (pic) / How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel's New Year Deduction by Dinvestanl: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2013
My friend's BIS usually expires on the 1st of every month. Yesterday, in order to avoid the new year congestion he loaded #1,600 to ensure a seamless connection. But the greatest robbery of 2013 took place overnight. This morning his balance was #40. On calling customercare he was told his BIS had already expired and he was being charged per kB. But how could his BIS bundle be exhausted when he even used his phone less and didnt even download a single song. It is very annoying to be cheated this way. This wrong needs to be corrected. This is a new yr and things shld be done right. HELP ME CORRECT THIS WRONG. Pls help
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by Francheezy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
aw may i hlp u ? Am n0t a staFF

1 Like

Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by 4peace(m): 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Dinvestanl: My friend's BIS usually expires on the 1st of every month. Yesterday, in order to avoid the new year congestion he loaded #1,600 to ensure a seamless connection. But the greatest robbery of 2013 took place overnight. This morning his balance was #40. On calling customercare he was told his BIS had already expired and he was being charged per kB. But how could his BIS bundle be exhausted when he even used his phone less and didnt even download a single song. It is very annoying to be cheated this way. This wrong needs to be corrected. This is a new yr and things shld be done right. HELP ME CORRECT THIS WRONG. Pls help

Check web address your posting on this nairaland not airtel

On more serious note
you lied my friend,any monthly service on any network is 30 days
that mean if your friend recharge on the first , the service will expired on 31st.

My you guys forget that na internet pinging is using.

I don' know reason you waited to the day the service expired.

So my guy cool down this is new year.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by jazz04(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Airtel charge 5kobo/kb, 1400naira means 28000kb = 28mb
Can your friend's phone use up 28mb while just lying down there overnight? YES! Depends on what apps he has installed, and if he was on 3G, it will be faster..
Its a good practice to switch off data on blackberry phones when you just recharge for subscription.. Airtel must have been charging the phone per kb before the subscription expires so that the remaining account was not enough to renew when the time to renew actually came...
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by Dinvestanl: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2013
Thank u all. The issue is yet to be satisfactorily resolved
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by licensed2k(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dats airtel for u.....dey ar d only ntwork dat deduct credt directly from ur airtime for data services.......
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by stalyf(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dinvestanl: My friend's BIS usually expires on the 1st of every month. This wrong needs to be corrected. This is a new yr and things shld be done right. HELP ME CORRECT THIS WRONG. Pls help

Your friend or you?

Have experienced same from Airtel before. I always try to be careful with my browsing and downloading now
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by Abbey2sam(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
My airtel BIS of one month expired within two weeks and when I call them they said I have no MB left on my subcription,I felt so bad and regretted ever using airtel,though I must say that their 3G is awsome but I can't keep on paying 1400 every 2weeks

Mtn all the way
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by Dinvestanl: 11:29am On Jan 12, 2013
Finally airtel settled after matter was reported to NCC. Returned the money and gave one month bonus
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by 4peace(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dinvestanl: Finally airtel settled after matter was reported to NCC. Returned the money and gave one month bonus

They just give what belong to Caesar but to be frank your friend was the fault
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by 4peace(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abbey2sam: My airtel BIS of one month expired within two weeks and when I call them they said I have no MB left on my subcription,I felt so bad and regretted ever using airtel,though I must say that their 3G is awsome but I can't keep on paying 1400 every 2weeks

Mtn all the way

lol i finished mine within 24hrs
i did not complaint cos i knew what i did and if i wanted to play smart i can called them and report them.
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by brightk(m): 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
dont ever load ur fone waitin for ur bis 2 expire.. it happened me sometime ago. doh i dont use a bb but use d airtel bis plan on pc. i had 50mb left on my sim n i knew i had a lot of work 2 do dat nit. jst 2 be sure i did a top of 1200 from d atm post. my initial tot was dat wen it expires i wouldn't browse anymore n den renew my subscription.. behold in early hrs of next day i was cut of i den decided 2 renew only for me 2 si 0.00.
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by 2kurupt(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2013
Dinvestanl: Finally airtel settled after matter was reported to NCC. Returned the money and gave one month bonus
How did you get to report the issue to NCC? Please share so we can use similar channels to get results (I have standing issue with MTN for illegal deductions too)
Re: Airtel's New Year Deduction by Dinvestanl: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
Call 08002255622 . But call customer care of your network to report the matter first

(1) (Reply)

Bbm On Android-ios; Blackberry Phones Are Still The Best / [GUIDE] Oneplus One - How To Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery And Root / Exam Prep (the Best To Use To Prepare For Exams In Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.