Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

How To Make 2013 Work For You - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make 2013 Work For You (603 Views)

How Can I Get My Own Money To Work For Me.?? Is It Possible.? / How Self Employment Can Work For You / Make Your Money Work For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 2013 Work For You by kemisolalawson: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
I congratulate you for making it to 2013! I hope your holiday was awesome. Mine wasn’t. As much as I enjoy the tradition of spending Christmas with my siblings and family, I was stuck with work and couldn’t go home for Christmas holidays for the first time all my life. I however had some time alone to reflect and regroup for the New Year. So it wasn’t totally bad after all. I was able to pen down awesome lessons from 2012 and goals for 2013.

More than anything else, I have a renewed passion to generate measurable results and am determined to make 2013 work for me. I know you are too. Here, are six easily-overlooked but powerful principles that can ensure 2013 works for you.

1. Learn from the past. If there is any truth in the saying that “history repeats itself”, then the past is a powerful teacher. Recognize what worked last year and what did not. Focus on what worked and figure how to make it work even better for you. Learn from others too. Learn what to do and not to do. Don’t make their mistakes, recreate their successes.

2. Begin with the end in mind. In other words, have goals. There is no achievement without goals. What is a goal? A goal is an aim or objective, the end toward which effort is directed. How will you know whether or not you are progressing if you have no goals? I love how Brian Tracy puts it, “The establishment of a clear, central purpose or goal in life is the starting point of all success.” It is however not enough to just have goals; you must also have a plan. A goal without plan is a mere wish. According to Stephen A. Brennan ”Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.”

3. Do not procrastinate. Procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of low-priority, and thus putting off important tasks to tomorrow (a later time). Unfortunately, there is no tomorrow. I don’t know who you are or what your dreams are, but there is one thing I know; this year will not work for you if you procrastinate. Bottom line? Procrastination is a habit that can keep you broke. Physically, mentally, spiritually and financially.

Continue reading here: http://www.gideonbanks.com/how-tos/how-to-make-2013-work-for-you/
Re: How To Make 2013 Work For You by neksummi(m): 5:22am On Jan 02, 2013
I like this. Sincerely hope people will put to use the lessons here.

(1) (Reply)

Where Would You Put Your Eggs In 2013 / How To Become Easily Rich In Nigeria- All You Need Is About 2 Years! By SR / Gold Sellers Wanted(big And Small Qtty)black,white,diamond Any Kind We Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.