Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please (2451 Views)

Why You Should Run From “bible Believing Churches” / What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches And Who Are They And Not? / Ex-member Of A Church to join another church ( all Bible believing churches) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
The Word of God has been seriously diluted in our days for personal and selfish gains. Are all churches getting into these - year of favour, year of double portion/next levels, year of joyful sounds, etc?
It seems most churches in Nigeria are purely for material success and prosperity. Bible verses are deliberately misinterpreted to deceive the followers and mislead them against God himself. Issues concerning righteousness, holiness, Christian suffering, spiritual blessings and maturity and uprightness have been pushed aside. Instead all we hear about are 'favour' 'divine manifestation' ' destiny' 'double portion' etc. No wonder ungodliness and get-rich-quick syndrome have increased in our days.
When will most Nigerian churches focus more of living their lives for God, rather than His gifts and material (but ephemeral) prosperity?
I am new in Lagos and I have been walking round the streets of Lagos looking for a heaven-focused church to attend but the ones I have seen so far appear to be the same - preaching worldliness, materialism, etc.
Please can somebody suggest a good and bible focused church to attend in Lagos? I'm based in Yaba.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by eduson77(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sabbath observers are the only ones that i know which follows the bible and follows the laws as it is said to**tho not perfect and not all of them**
you can give it a try..cant predict any for you
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by gst101: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
you can join reedeemed, christembassy, and you can join st dominic catholic church. The catholic church is a bible believeing and this year in the catholic church is year of faith. The year before, is year of priests. Thats not prosperity

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by kokolet007(f): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
I believe and trusted the JEHOVAH's organization......while can't u give them a trial and attend their christian meeting and also request for a bible study!
Am very sure u will be glad u did!
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
the only one i knw dat would make u totally heavenly focusd is Deeper Life Bible Church... u go fear fear

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
join the shrine of SHango. become an initiate.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by Iyanuj1: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
I sincerely will advise & suggest Deeper Life Bible Church because of the sound word of God being taught there. Giv it a trial sir.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by pgiddy(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2013
Looking 4 a real bible Believing church whr word of God is prached undiluted, den i'll advise u to go to Deeper life Bible Church.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by seyibrown(f): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2013
RCCG, or try an RCF if you are near an Higher Institution.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by obalola7: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2013
Apostolic Faith Church has every sunday bible study, that helps you study bible in and out with memory verses.
Its also known for sound doctrine and you will never regret.
Nothing like materialism but godliness and righteousness with godly heritage.
If Heaven is your focus, you will be in right place with lots of people with the same vision.
A trial will convince you
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by God2man(m): 11:13am On Jan 02, 2013
God has a place of covenant for you. You need to pray for the leading of the holyspirit with all humilty and sincerety. Wake up in the midst of the night to ask for where God has destined you to worship, it could be redemed,mfm, cac, deeperlife, christembassy, winners. The bottomline, let the Holyspirit decide.

Besides, no man is perfect, likewise you cannot find a perfect church yet, every church has its own advantages and disadvantages. The truth is, if you are looking for perfection, you will be like a rolling stone that gather no dust, i mean, you will be moving from church to church.

The Lord will lead you to the right place in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
God2man: God has a place of covenant for you. You need to pray for the leading of the holyspirit with all humilty and sincerety. Wake up in the midst of the night to ask for where God has destined you to worship, it could be redemed,mfm, cac, deeperlife, christembassy, winners. The bottomline, let the Holyspirit decide.

Besides, no man is perfect, likewise you cannot find a perfect church yet, every church has its own advantages and disadvantages. The truth is, if you are looking for perfection, you will be like a rolling stone that gather no dust, i mean, you will be moving from church to church.

The Lord will lead you to the right place in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

God2man.
Yes I agree. I am not searching for perfection but an acceptable standard. And searching for a God-centred church is the baseline. I stand to be corrected but most Churches in Nigeria are focused on money, materialism, worldliness, self-centredness and deceit. Correct me if I am wrong.
Using school as an analogy, nobody expects you to get 100%, but there is a minimum acceptable standard (be it 40%, 50%, etc) you are expected to meet before you are certified. Same with church

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by advocate666: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
I will advise you to join a kegite club or just find the nearest beer parlour.

what do you need church for?

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by Image123(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
x-fire:
The Word of God has been seriously diluted in our days for personal and selfish gains. Are all churches getting into these - year of favour, year of double portion/next levels, year of joyful sounds, etc?
It seems most churches in Nigeria are purely for material success and prosperity. Bible verses are deliberately misinterpreted to deceive the followers and mislead them against God himself. Issues concerning righteousness, holiness, Christian suffering, spiritual blessings and maturity and uprightness have been pushed aside. Instead all we hear about are 'favour' 'divine manifestation' ' destiny' 'double portion' etc. No wonder ungodliness and get-rich-quick syndrome have increased in our days.
When will most Nigerian churches focus more of living their lives for God, rather than His gifts and material (but ephemeral) prosperity?
I am new in Lagos and I have been walking round the streets of Lagos looking for a heaven-focused church to attend but the ones I have seen so far appear to be the same - preaching worldliness, materialism, etc.
Please can somebody suggest a good and bible focused church to attend in Lagos? I'm based in Yaba.
Most churches are Bible believing na, its just that they don't believe some parts. If you're looking for a popular church around yaba, i'll suggest Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith, Winners, Redeem and Christ Embassy. i'll go more in favour of deeper life because of their consistency i.e you're likely to hear the same thing in any location unlike the others where some are more serious than others with a wide disparity. At best sha, let God guide you, the main thing na to please God, live a holy righteous life, and be ready for His coming.
Re: In Need Of A Bible Believing Church - Suggestions Please by GoddonBishop: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2018
Image123:

Most churches are Bible believing na, its just that they don't believe some parts. If you're looking for a popular church around yaba, i'll suggest Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith, Winners, Redeem and Christ Embassy. i'll go more in favour of deeper life because of their consistency i.e you're likely to hear the same thing in any location unlike the others where some are more serious than others with a wide disparity. At best sha, let God guide you, the main thing na to please God, live a holy righteous life, and be ready for His coming.

Thanks for this. I just wanted to read and pass but this got me to show some appreciation as I am having similar experience. Thanks once again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christianity; Spreading By The Sword? / I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? / True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.