Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo (1022 Views)

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander / Airtel's Fraudulent Plans / Mtn 3g Charges And Their Fraudulent Ways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by CoolKizzy(m): 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ok i am at the village and ran short of airtime, the place i can buy one is not close to my house so i sent a 'send me credit' sms to an airtime vendor at the city. Then i saw an MTN promo alongside the message to confirm my sms status.
It reads that i should send 104 to 131 to purchase 100mb data with 160% Bonus. To me it sounded like a good deal and when the vendor sent my airtime, i sent d code as insturcted and what i got was confusing.

First i got this.
Welcome to the 10MB 1-Day Mobile Data plan. Expires: 03/Jan/2013 12:00. Text 2 to 131 to check your balance & data status.

Then this.
Sorry, you are not eligible for the bonus offer. To participate, activate 100MB & enjoy 200MB! Activate 250MB & above & get 50% bonus! Dial *123*4#! Thank you.

First i was given 10mb and thankfully, only 100naira was deducted as against the normal 1000 naira for 100mb, secondly there is no 160% bonus, from the second text you can see it is 200mb which is 100%.

Then i called customer care and told them about it. All the lady could tell me is
'We are sorry about that, it is probably a wrong information, please try again tomorrow when your 10mb is exhausted.' and i was like i got this information from your service messages. . . she paused for a while and said, sorry for the misinformation please try tomorrow with the code 106. I only SMHed and ended the call.
MTN wayo no good oo.

Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by CoolKizzy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2013

Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by ciphoenix: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thats what they do. They said only the 100MB package is eligible for the promo. But the initial advert is deceptive
Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by luluosas(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Sorry, bear with them.
Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by Francheezy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
pele, s0rry, nd0
Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by CoolKizzy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
@all, tnx
Re: My Encounter With MTN And Their Fraudulent Promo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
undecided undecided angry My name is daniel okechukwu -dannyokec am a web developer on the 6th[sat] of march i decided to enroll on my usual 5gb all day bundle @8000 so i bought 11 peice of 750 mtn recharge card i loaded the first one and i got a balance pop up feedback with an advert and promise beneath it '' double your recharge this weekend by simply dialling *888*pin# expires on 7/mar/13'' which is 7th [sunday] march 2013. I was glad ,this means if i load the remaining 10pcs 750 i will have 7500 on my act balance and 7500 for weekend calls bless MTN i proceeded with the *888* prefix i loaded like 7 pcs and was touched to check my main balance to my dismay i had just 750 i dont belive this i cleared my eyes severally by rubbing my arms on it i looked back at the phone screen it was the same i dialed *559# and got stuned 0 mtn to mtn calls 0 sms nd.. infact i was angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry i reloaded the card and i got a *&^%##%^^ angry feedback that it has been used my me cleared my throat loaded the remaining cards got a balance 3000 + my existing 160 3160 i was boiling i felt like toasting my phone in the gutters i invented a grip, i held my self i controlled my anger ''may be i have to restart my phone'' i did that without hesitation i quickly restarted my phone and checked my balance it was the same i tried using *888# to no avail i got a divine tip if *555* is use for loadind and *556# its use for checking balance *886# might as well be for checking balance i dialled *886# guess wat i saw ''your Sunshine WoW account 1 balance is 5250.00; account 2 balance is o; both expires on apr 07 2013 11:59 hands on head [hoh] i checked my main balance 3160 got no double how do i subcribe got furious went MTN at wethral the entrance was locked got a cue for a guy '' was the problem'' Me: i was to make a complain Guy: [he was a bit upset -cant remember wat he said but he was for angry that i wasnt intrested in telling but would rather go in] blah blah cant remember how ever i xplained [u all know the story] come on monday undecided undecided i was like you dey madt this dark[sun]shine promo is expiring on sunday you must be smoking f fward he cudnt do a thing i went to an ATM just then i was about to cry '' money i for carry do better'' Then He came i heard a voice ''wat if you had loosed everything imagined you used 888 all the way thank him for calling you out its a lesson never be fast take time in doing things and always bring GOD first'' confirmento true talk i cleaned my eyes and prayed...-- MTN MTN MTN how many times have i called you never will i trust you - got a drop back posting from my subcription.THANK GOD. THATS MINE SHARE YOURS

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Val Phone Slash! / Gionee / Galaxy S4 Update Adds Ability To Install Apps On SD Card, New Camera Firmware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.