Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,158 members, 7,825,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 (14666 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 1 ) On 29th December 2013 / Arsenal Vs Liverpool (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 5th May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by luvola(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Manchester United player to watch - Robin Van Persie. “With this player you’re not taking a gamble, you know. What you’re buying is pure gold.” Ron Atkinson was speaking about Bryan Robson in September 1981. Had he bought Van Persie, he would have been expressing similar sentiments. Barring a return to the injury problems of his Arsenal days, Van Persie should streak clear with his second successive brace of Player of the Year awards. Whether United win the title or not depends on the health of Van Persie. What Ferguson bought was pure goals.

Liverpool player to watch - Luis Suarez. Whether individual awards are important depends on your point of view, but Van Persie does have a significant rival in Suarez. Sidestep his infamy and feel the quality of his play this season. Until Daniel Sturridge arrived, Liverpool had a one-man attack, and such has been the Uruguayan’s level of performance that a player who may eventually cost up to £15 million should still not be sure of a regular starting place. Suarez will be watched keenly by those United fans unwilling to let him forget his transgressions with Patrice Evra, but their players must be similarly vigilant too.

Key battle: Michael Carrick v Lucas Leiva. When Lucas suffered the type of muscle injury that often follows recovery from a long-term absence, Rodgers was robbed of one of his first names on the teamsheet. Lucas had become one of those players whose reputation grows when they are not available; his knee injury was undoubtedly costly to Kenny Dalglish last season. Now Liverpool’s midfield is taking shape at last, with Steven Gerrard looking happy to have Lucas back alongside him. Carrick, by contrast, is close to being an ever-present in United’s much-maligned midfield, and has been the unit’s outstanding performer in recent weeks. He was certainly missed at West Ham last week. Like the Brazilian, his work is understated, and recognised most keenly in its absence.

Trivia: Old Trafford’s first ever match, back in February 1910, was against Liverpool, who dampened down the opening party with a 4-3 victory.

Stats: Daniel Sturridge, who is set to make his Premier League debut for Liverpool, scored his last goal for Chelsea against United, in their 5-4 loss at Stamford Bridge in the Capital One Cup on Halloween last year.

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345657/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by hurricaneChris: 7:17am On Jan 12, 2013
WooOoooo!!!!! First of all, I'm loyal to all the Anfield faithfuls in d houz again. I §ąγ̲̣̣̥ may d spirit Shankly, d achievements Paisely, d contributions of Kenny Dalglish, d threat of Ian Rush, d importance of Robbie Fowler, d strength of Jamie Carragher and d LOYALTY of STEVEN GERRARD ever b our inspirations..

Apologies: I apologise if I didn't mention d name of ur favorite LFC legend. I only mentioned those who always mek M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ shed tears wen eva I remember them.

In as much as I passionately hate Howard Webb, I strongly believe dt his d best ref in UK. But wen it comes to ManU match, I always doubt his credibility.

Liverpool ar likely gonna play a 3- 5-2 formation. With Martin Skrtel, Jammie Carra and Daniel Agger on d bak line. Where d midfield will be controlled by Johnson-Lucas-Alle-Gerrard-Downing. Johnson and Downing ar gonna be defenders in disguise, to help d three central defenders in d defence.

Gerrard-Lucas-Allen is undoubtedly a better combination compared to any of United's present combination.

The attack of Suarez-Sturridge might not really b better dan Van Persie-Rooney, but underrate d tricks of Suarez at ur peril.

With 3 central defenders, I believe we can stop van persie if we ar focused.

Once again, d only problem I see in dt match is Howard Webb.....d ref.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by hurricaneChris: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2013
Controversies: after his awful officiating on Jan.8 2011, Howard Webb has not been given ManU-Liverpool match again to preside. In dt match, he gave united a first minute penalty and eventually showed Steven Gerrard a straight red cad!!! (OMG! Was he drunk?)

Suarez-Evra: the baised ruling of d corrupt Fa will always come to mind wen eva dis fixture is to be hosted. Suarez called Evra "Negrito" which is a friendly word in spanish language, and eventually got 8 match ban. Probably because David Gill who is ManU's chief executive is also FA's first Vice Presido!!! Arant nonsence!

Shelvy-Ferguson: after Mark Hesley sent Jonjo Shelvy off during a 50-50 challange with Jonny Evans in dis same fixture, at Anfield, in october last year, Shelvy went to d touchline and told Fergie in his face "It is ur fault I got sent off" Although he leta apologised for "been rude to his elder"
ϓό̲̣̣̣̥ΰ can recall dt bfo that red cad, possession was 70-30 in favour of Liverpool. Chai!! English refs ₪A̶̲̥̅ wa ‎​Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by hurricaneChris: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2013
Gerrard has been doin it again against united in a stylish way!! See pix

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by 1025: 8:46am On Jan 13, 2013
when i was watching this match last night, one man with the most brilliant performance of the day was howard webb. liverpool must know that the fear of howard webb is the beginning of wisdom. in the game, he was so good that he was unanimously accepted as the man of the match.
the only way liverpool could have taken the day was if howard webb had played out of position by assuming the legal position of a center ref but history has it that whenever webb plays his natural position, man u will have no choice than to celebrate over their victims.
i might be forced to watch the replay today otherwise the original game of the day will be arsenal vs man city.
pdp will always win unless there is a Rochas or Tinubu.

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by mukina2: 11:01am On Jan 13, 2013
howard webb vs liverpool grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 13, 2013
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on,
With hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by mutiply: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2013
so howard webb starts for man united today,i hope clatterburg in on the bench or did he not make the squad? we must win dis match by all means today o,bad belle pple go cry today
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by luvola(m): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2013
caveat emptor !!!! Nairabeters keep yah money away from this match...pakam
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by executinal(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2013
1025: when i was watching this match last night, one man with the most brilliant performance of the day was howard webb. liverpool must know that the fear of howard webb is the beginning of wisdom. in the game, he was so good that he was unanimously accepted as the man of the match.
the only way liverpool could have taken the day was if howard webb had played out of position by assuming the legal position of a center ref but history has it that whenever webb plays his natural position, man u will have no choice than to celebrate over their victims.
i might be forced to watch the replay today otherwise the original game of the day will be arsenal vs man city.
pdp will always win unless there is a Rochas or Tinubu.
Lmao you funny die grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by justice00(m): 11:33am On Jan 13, 2013
Manchester United are sure to win..weapon of mass destruction RVP will see to that! wink

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2013
justice00: Manchester United are sure to win..weapon of mass destruction RVP will see to that! wink
oh really? Wasn't he on the pitch in the 1st leg at anfield, What impact did his presence make?
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2013
mukina2: howard webb vs liverpool grin
una don start abi
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2013
liverpool must cry today.
go and buy ref if it's easy.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2013
All dis man u haters dat says all sorts of tins against man u base on them say and without any fact, could u people tel me wat happened to d goals man u scored aginst man city and reading dat was wrongly ruled for offside and d one against reading was denied neva to b a goal while it was. Had it been dose decisions goes in united favour, u haters would have been saying united is PDP or ACN.haters go to hell, united all d way.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by billynoni(m): 11:47am On Jan 13, 2013
I dey ur hand ooo...webb
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2013
Mmuokina or mukina pls stop hating man u, we are not d cause of ur trophiless seasons wenger and his players are d cause, pls transfer ur hate to wenger and ur board of directors. Assnal is not a match to man u in any ramification pls stop it b4 i slap u wit trophies.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by yomip3t(m): 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
Grabbing my 3 points ;DGrabbing my 3 points ......YNWA
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
LIVERPOOL 4 EVA
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Rooneyboy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
u haters can hate as much as u wish too,
It certainly wouldn't make any difference.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
The United haters sound so soo pathetic with their whinning. Making absurd excuses for you inevitable defeat before a ball is even kicked is so amusing.
There is no way Liverpool can escape defeat today and this victory will come from clean and clear goals.
Liverpool used to be the dominant force in English football but that ended eons ago when you were knocked off your fvcking perch by United.
Liverpool is now an average mid table team-learn to deal with it.
I am soo looking forward to this afternoon when your loud mouths are finally shut permanently!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Rooneyboy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
MAN U all the way, liverpool is no match.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by mich2012: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
Man Ununited 1 - 3 Liverpool

The only problem I see is Howard "coconut head" Webb else it's a walkover. YNWA!
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Emusan(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Key player to watch Webb if u like hit head on wall who care!

Man U al d way...
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
As for the Arsenal haters,hating on RVP stop it,rather hate on your clue less manager Prof Wenger who choose to sell his best player to his rivals for a mess of porridge.
Can you imagine Sir Alex selling Rooney to Arsenal? No you can not-that is the difference between the two clubs.
RVP is a wise man who like Henry,Hleb,Flamini, Adebayor,Toure,Nasri,,Clichy,Fabregas and Song decided to jump out of your sinking ship and go to a club where he could win trophies,end of story.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Thok(m): 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
Man Utd na pdp, thats why we are 21 points ahead of u?..
Man Utd na pdp, thats why u celebrated handball against a lowly resilient side;MANSFIELD?..
Man Utd na Pdp, thats why Howard webb refreed 2010 fifa world cup abi?..
Man Utd na pdp thats why una neva play for champions league for 4 years and counting?.
Haba LIVERCROOK.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Effizzyfynboy(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Make una 4gert diz tin..man u go win liverpool...4:1..who wan BET wink
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by jaymichael(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
I love Howard Webb, he can play any wing.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
I just hope the ref keeps his eyes on that cheating racist Suarez.
He hs been cheating for years.
When he was at Ajax he sank his goofy teeth into an opponent and bit him.
He has been involved in racist controversy with Evra.
He denied Ghana a semi final spot in the world cup with a deliberate hand ball.
And the lowest of lows the deliberate hand ball against a non league team such as Mansfield last week.
The ref should certainly watch this despicable racist diver.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Jan 13 2012 by 1025: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
Nashoji: All dis man u haters dat says all sorts of tins against man u base on them say and without any fact, could u people tel me wat happened to d goals man u scored aginst man city and reading dat was wrongly ruled for offside and d one against reading was denied neva to b a goal while it was. Had it been dose decisions goes in united favour, u haters would have been saying united is PDP or ACN.haters go to hell, united all d way.

uncle, did u say fact?
everton, tottenham and norwich were left to have a free game with man u without penalties and no red cards and the fact is that these 3 won man u. swansea had their fate and fergie was making noise and barking like an infected dog throughout the game. man u won chelsea this season with an offside goal after sending off two chelsea players, liverpool got a red card, our weeping child that has never won any trophy in 7 years and are not even looking for one also got their own red card just to enable man u win. can u explain to me any game vs manu this season that was not won and lost on controversies?
which other fact are u looking for? ur coach shamelessly said van persie was lucky to be alive because ball hit him while on the floor just to show how frustrated he can be when things are not going his illegal ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Southampton (6 - 1) On 15th September 2012 / Arsenal Vs Hull City: FA Cup (0 - 0) On 20th February 2016 / Arsenal Vs Southampton (2 - 0) On 23rd November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.