Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old (896 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 8:33am On Jan 04, 2013
The Lagos State Police Command has rearrested a 40-year-old pastor, Alasco Sobowale, for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl in Epe area of the state.

Police authorities said the suspect, who is a pastor at Okiki Imole Church, Epe, was rearrested on Thursday at his home located at 10, Togodo Street, Temu Town.

The police had arrested Sobowale on December 21, 2012, for allegedly raping the minor but was later released on bail because courts were not in session.

However, after PUNCH Metro published the story on Thursday, the policemen attached to Epe Division stormed his home and rearrested him.

A police source, who craved anonymity, said, “The pastor should never have been released in the first place and the police high command is very much interested. If Sobowale was released because courts were not in session, why were all other suspects in police custody not granted bail as well?

“Rape is a very serious offence and we will make sure that he is prosecuted. After the publication, many members of the community, including elders, rose against the pastor and promised to make sure that the case was pursued to a logical conclusion.”

When contacted on the telephone, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the rearrest of the pastor, adding that he had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.

“The suspect has been transferred to the SCID for further investigation and he will be charged with rape and sodomy,” she said.

Our correspondent learnt that the victim had been referred to Epe General Hospital for medical treatment.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-rearrest-pastor-for-raping-12-year-old/
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2013
I wonder why some people use the name "Pastor" to cover their true identity...God help us all
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by cockyjay: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2013
Born 2be Rich: I wonder why some people use the name "Pastor" to cover their true identity...God help us all
some so called pastors are bad eggs.
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2013
cockyjay: some so called pastors are bad eggs.

You can say criminals have now inflitrated into the church
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by dorox(m): 9:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Why do we want to attract curses to ourselves by judging the anointed servant of God. Should we not leave judgement to the God that called him? Remember touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. So my advice to you all is to thread carefully and with respect when talking about matters conerning MOG, lest we bring everlasting damnation to ourselves.

Note: I do not subscribe to the above arguement, I only made it to show the absurdity of using similar arguement when the gross error of other so called MOG are talked about here.
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2013
dorox: Why do we want to attract curses to ourselves by judging the anointed servant of God. Should we not leave judgement to the God that called him? Remember touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. So my advice to you all is to thread carefully and with respect when talking about matters conerning MOG, lest we bring everlasting damnation to ourselves.

Note: I do not subscribe to the above arguement, I only made it to show the absurdity of using similar arguement when the gross error of other so called MOG are talked about here.

Actually no one has judge anybody on this topic...We simply asked why so many people have now used the name pastor to truely hide thier identity...Even the Bible tells us that Jesus said we should be wary of false prophets the will claim they do works in his name.. If you were aware about this issue you will find out that the man used a white handkerchief to clean the fluid that came out of the girl...
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2013
dorox: Why do we want to attract curses to ourselves by judging the anointed servant of God. Should we not leave judgement to the God that called him? Remember touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. So my advice to you all is to thread carefully and with respect when talking about matters conerning MOG, lest we bring everlasting damnation to ourselves.

Good morning,

If I didn't know better, I would have thought you were trying to use 'fear tactics' to stop people from condeming this disgraceful act.

If that child was yours would you still maintain this position? I am of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with people talking against an act that is wrong, even if such act is from a so called 'Man of God'. We should learn to love the sinner but condemn the act.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning,

If I didn't know better, I would have thought you were trying to use 'fear tactics' to stop people from condeming this disgraceful act.

If that child was yours would you still maintain this position? I am of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with people talking against an act that is wrong, even if such act is from a so called 'Man of God'. We should learn to love the sinner but condemn the act.

Thank you!

Thank you jare
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Stritklymi(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Who cares if a pastor molests a kid,so far the kid enjoyed it, it shouldn't be a problem
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Stritklymi: Who cares if a pastor molests a kid,so far the kid enjoyed it, it shouldn't be a problem

Your thoughts are terrible!
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Jezuspoa: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
Stritklymi: Who cares if a pastor molests a kid,so far the kid enjoyed it, it shouldn't be a problem
guy are you suffering from double personality syndrome?
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Jezuspoa: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Your thoughts are terrible!
seems like you need help, serious one should i call yooguyz to pray for you
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Stalwert: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
Look closely the names are spelt differently it must be the other fook who says we have no right to condemn the rapist clown!
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Born2beRich1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2013

What if the kid was to be your daughter would you be talking like this..
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by dorox(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
@Stalwert: First of all, i agree with you that what stritklymi said is worse than reprehensible and very disturbing. A mind like that should be locked up in jail
Read my post again and tell me if it supports the pastor action in anyway. Your comprehensive skills must really be poor if you couldn't understand that i was showing the absurdity of using a similar kind of defense for pastors like Adeboye and co. when they are accused of impropriety.
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Stalwert: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
^
Sorry misinterpreted what u wrote, sincere apologies.
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Stalwert: ^

This shows your maturity! Kudos!
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by Jezuspoa: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
striktlymi:

This shows your maturity! Kudos!
the top nairaland stalker and witch hunter is now as cool as ice-water
(laughing wickedly)
mission accomplished
Re: Police Rearrest Pastor For Raping 12-year-old by dorox(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Stalwert: ^
No wahala my friend, your heart is in the right place. What matters is that we continue to speak out against evil deeds especially those perpetrated by so called men of god.

(1) (Reply)

"Believe It Or Not, I Used To Be A Christian." / Evidence Of Ancient Extra Terrestials On Earth / Why Are These Things Peculiar With Christian Dominate Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.