Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,188 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move (1183 Views)

Diego Costa Completes Chelsea Move / Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move by Osyxcel(m): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ba has signed on a three-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee, believed to match the £7.5m release clause in his Newcastle contract.

Ba, who scored 29 goals in 54 league appearances during his time on Tyneside, will wear the No 29 shirt at Stamford Bridge.

He told the Chelsea website: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud.

"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one."

He will be eligible for selection for tomorrow's FA Cup match at Southampton, and the Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but cannot play for Chelsea in the Europa League this season having appeared in the competition for Newcastle.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3030470/title/ba-transfer-completed

Re: Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move by makaveli1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
And Torres' Bench warming adventure starts........
Re: Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move by semid4lyfe(m): 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2013

(1)

Chelsea's Title Triumph And Parade In Pictures / Carlos Tevez Refuse To Play As Substitute Against Bayern Munich / Ballon D Ore 2014: Now A Single Horse Race.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.