Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Boateng Makes Racism Walkout Vow...!!!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boateng Makes Racism Walkout Vow...!!!!! (569 Views)

Amazing! Messi Goes To Ghana To Apologize To Boateng's Family!(photos) / Hilarious Tweets And Pics Of Messi And Boateng / Kevin Prince Boateng Side Lost To Borussia Monchengladbach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boateng Makes Racism Walkout Vow...!!!!! by lorenzos1: 6:20am On Jan 05, 2013
Leading international soccer player Kevin-Prince Boateng, who plays for one of Europe's top clubs, insists he will walk off in a competitive game if he is subjected to further racist abuse.

European football's reputation has been tarnished by the scourge of racism this season but on Thursday matters came to head when AC Milan star Boateng kicked the ball into the stand and walked off after a group of fans had directed monkey chants at the Ghanian international and three of his teammates during a friendly match in northern Italy.

"I don't care what game it is -- a friendly, Italian league or Champions League match -- I would walk off again," the German-born Boateng told CNN in an exclusive interview on Friday.

The 25-year-old ripped off his shirt in disgust during the first half of Thursday's friendly against lower league Italian side Pro Patria, before being joined by his teammates and opposition players in walking off the pitch.

"I'm sad and angry that I'm the one that has to take action," added the AC Milan midfielder, who has also played in the German and English Premier Leagues during his career.

"All the people who support me would support me in a big game. Players like Rio Ferdinand and Patrick Vieira have supported me and I just want to say thank you."

Milan, who have won the Italian title 18 times and the European Cup (now known as the Champions League) seven times, were using the friendly to prepare their side for the resumption of the league -- Serie A -- season after a brief winter break.

During the friendly match, the AC Milan midfielder had told the referee three times he was being abused.

"If it happens again I'm not going to play anymore," said Boateng, who was born in Berlin. "The referee said: 'Don't worry' but I said I do worry, it's not very nice.

"I was angry and I was sad, but it all came together and I said I don't want to play anymore. There were so many negative emotions that came up with me.

Re: Boateng Makes Racism Walkout Vow...!!!!! by cockyjay: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2013
Good one. I'm feeling you jare. At least he's not like mikel that deleted his twitter account cos of racists comments
Re: Boateng Makes Racism Walkout Vow...!!!!! by Chanchit: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2013
I think he's psychologically disturbed, why would a fine boy cry that some people called him a monkey..? Are you a monkey..? If this white people do this kyn thing with me, na mouth xcercise e go be for my ear, so far its their mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Drogba Has Reportedly Signed For Galatasaray / Egyptian Ref Who Awarded Penalty Against Nigeria Has Been Sent Home / AFCON: Many Countries Hunt For Keshi’s Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.