Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

An Open Letter To D'banj - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Open Letter To D'banj (1491 Views)

See What A White Lady Was Spotted Doing To D'banj On Stage In USA(pics) / Tiwa Savage Rocks See-through Dress To D'banj's Concert | Photo / Pastor To D'banj - Join Illuminati And Land In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To D'banj by HappyLove77: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2013
You know what? This is getting sick. I had to keep myself from throwing up as I watched your interview with Toolz on "The Juice." I didn't want to say anything, but Toolz, stop with the stupid nonsense questions of asking him who his "international" celebrity friends are. Nigerians have the biggest inferiority complexes in the world. If he is "friends" with anybody, does that make him a better person? If I was Big Sean and I saw this interview and how D'Banj boasts of being his friend, I would realize how inferior D'Banj felt to American artists. Big Sean can only DREAM to have the fan base that D'Banj has. D'Banj is a LEGEND compared to Big Sean. But yet he boasts of being his friend. Why? Simply because he is American. You should see how proud D'Banj is to be among his "American" friends... You're Nigerian. You are just as good as anyone from any other nation. REALIZE that. Stop being brain washed by colonialism. D'Banj I'm sorry but you are delusional. How someone can sit up there with so much confidence after about 3 or 4 flop singles in a row, truly amazes me.

You think you are "international" Why? Because they have now stripped your rugged Yoruba flavor from your music and you are singing songs like "I'm On Top Of The World" ..BE YOURSELF. BE YOU. FIX YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX. I'm sick of you putting yourself below others because they are American or British, or WHATEVER. You are not a leader. At all. You are in fact a follower and a puppet.

In my opinion you are no longer respected in Nigeria at all. It is almost as if you do not log onto the computer at all. Do you not see how everyone is trashing you and your new singles all over the internet? And you seriously need to grow up and humble yourself. Bragging about twitter followers. Seriously? And soon I am sure Wizkid will pass you anyway, and in due time, he will surely be more respected than you, as long as he stays true to who he is. (Wizkid needs to get over his inferiority complex as well. Overly excited because Chris Brown, someone the same age as him, performed with him. Wizkid is just as great as Chris. Chris should be LUCKY that Wizkid performed with him. WHY MUST YOU ALL FEEL SO INFERIOR? I can't understand it. How Wizkid is showing off on twitter that he took pictures with Chris Brown. As a man, do you think another man will see you as his EQUAL if you are sitting there boasting about taking pictures with him? That is complete and total nonsense. This obsession to "Americanize" is baffling me.)

D'Banj you have even now started rapping about, "cash flow" You are a fool. How dare you call yourself the "Baba" ..You have now started picking the bad habits of African Americans. And yet you think it's fine because it is "in vogue" This does not surprise me. Africans sold other Africans to Europeans in exchange for materialistic things. And here you are selling your soul for the same thing... I know one thing for sure. If this was many many many years ago, D'Banj would have sold his own brother if it meant that he could be given the title of chief or a gold chain. A gold chain that was taken back from you backstage, and that Tim Westwood shamed you on camera in front of everyone. Your singles are failing everywhere. How long will you ride the wave of Oliver Twist? And yet you are sitting up there cocky. Why? Because you think those Americans are "friends" with you. See where you will be in 3 years time. Dropped from your label and none of those people will associate with you again. 

The sad thing is. I can't even fault you for your inferiority complex. Why? Because it was embedded within you. I am a Nigerian girl born and raised in America. I do not see white people and African Americans as you do. I see them as my EQUAL. Because they are my equal. As they are YOUR equal. Respect yourself. Do you know what I wish for you? I wish for you to realize you are EQUAL. I wish for you to hold tight to your morals. I wish for you to rid yourself of this inferiority complex. And I wish for you to show all of Nigeria, in fact all of Africa that even though you were abandoned by your team (Mo Hits), that you are indeed a winner. That you will indeed make it. But I promise you this, the route you are going. You will not make it. You must stay true to who you are. Stop worrying about showing off to people. Putting on this show of "Oh look I have American friends" ...Use your platform to uplift your people. The boys looking up to you, the women whose pride rests in the palm of your hands. So be mindful of the way you respect or disrespect African women with their lack of presence in your videos. Be mindful of the way you are leading young African boys with the way you carry yourself and the things you rap/sing about. To have all of this power and to lead your people astray, is a sin. It is a shame that so much power is given to someone like you. If you wanted to. You have the power to positively influence the youth of Nigeria. But YOU WILL NOT. If you keep singing about "cash flow" you will soon see where that takes you.

Sincerely,

-A fan that wishes you the best, but is not afraid to tell you the truth

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by hrmkz: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Freedom of speech!
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by xteng: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2013
WORD!!!
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by Omexonomy: 10:05am On Jan 05, 2013
This inferiority complex of our musicians is getting out of hand. Can sombody please tell me who invented it. Seriously GEJ Whom we use to blame fort all of our problem should do something about it or else . . . . . .
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by wissezy: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2013
How much were you paid?
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by Pysam(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Thank you very much I have always known that that boy is a nonsense boy .eh look @ him of yesterday we were helpin to dance to his tonglo is now doing any how. Can't he see tu face eh.abi he still havin the mentality of wash plate oversea and make it? Nonsense boy.to hell with him and to hell with mavin all of them go look bush
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by chigo4u: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
somebody who calls herself Nigerian is writing a foolish letter tucked in her apartment in America and saying another person is suffering from inferiority complex for saying he has international celebrity friends.... The height of joblessness.
Thrash.
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by Vivly(f): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
Not even 1 like for that story? Chaii.
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by eazzzy1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by itsme2(m): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
Your resentment towards white and african americans is just that - YOUR RESENTMENT. It has nothing to do with d'banj, you probably should look deep into yourself and sort those deep hatred or enmity. Its wrong to project your complex issues on d'banj or any other person whatsoever, and that is what i see you doing... Gurl! you really need to CHILL.
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by blesbeatz(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
honey, D banj has moved on to another level why you mad? you should do the same. quit hatin on the dude
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by lekkie073(m): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
tim westwood really shame dat dbanj guy no b small o. telling him what he wore wasnt the actual one kanye dropped on him on d stage dat fateful day. btw, dbanj's bachelor sounds more like kanye's rubbish.....we in naija listen to hiphop dat we can shake our bodies to, not some tecnoshit...
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by boban007: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
ive noticed some anti progress are just bothered about dbanj's success story&they are mostly don jazzy apologists.it very sad.this people will do anything to bring dbanj down.why hating?is this the first time an artiste is breaking away from his producer?i.d cabassa&nice parted ways no big deal.dr.DRE was in NWA with easy E,ice cube,dj yella&co,they parted ways no big deal.even michael jackson eventually parted ways with super producer quincy jones..etc.let me now tell u the truth,in america&europe,producers are only heard not seen,Dbanj made don jazzy popular by hyping him in all his tracks&allowing him to come on stage with him.sam kleff,another wonderful producer produced wizkid album.he became instantly popular cos wizkid hyped him in all the tracks(samklef noni).i never knew sosick(producer)until dagrin hyped him in his album(sossick on d beat)nice did same with id cabassa.dbanj saying big sean is a good friend is his own opinion.the very first day i heard oliver twist i was disgusted,i never knew it would be a success.but because of its international exposure,it went global.CASH FLOW,mark my word will make international hit.the difference btw don jazzy&dbanj is jazzy wants to be a local producer while dbanj prefers to be an international act.simple,as long as it pays both party no wahala,but to start rubbishing dbanj cos of his vision,ure mistaking,ure only making him more popular by the seconds.
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
For now, I'm still feeling BankyW and his EME crew over and above DBanJ and whaterver he may have accomplished.

#word

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by lekkie073(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
boban 007: ive noticed some anti progress are just bothered about dbanj's success story&they are mostly don jazzy apologists.it very sad.this people will do anything to bring dbanj down.why hating?is this the first time an artiste is breaking away from his producer?i.d cabassa&nice parted ways no big deal.dr.DRE was in NWA with easy E,ice cube,dj yella&co,they parted ways no big deal.even michael jackson eventually parted ways with super producer quincy jones..etc.let me now tell u the truth,in america&europe,producers are only heard not seen,Dbanj made don jazzy popular by hyping him in all his tracks&allowing him to come on stage with him.sam kleff,another wonderful producer produced wizkid album.he became instantly popular cos wizkid hyped him in all the tracks(samklef noni).i never knew sosick(producer)until dagrin hyped him in his album(sossick on d beat)nice did same with id cabassa.dbanj saying big sean is a good friend is his own opinion.the very first day i heard oliver twist i was disgusted,i never knew it would be a success.but because of its international exposure,it went global.CASH FLOW,mark my word will make international hit.the difference btw don jazzy&dbanj is jazzy wants to be a local producer while dbanj prefers to be an international act.simple,as long as it pays both party no wahala,but to start rubbishing dbanj cos of his vision,ure mistaking,ure only making him more popular by the seconds.
dbanj wants to be an intl star. whats ur definition of an intl star? dont forget dat tuface is an intl star since his songs are being aired in different continents without his changing his music.
Re: An Open Letter To D'banj by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 06, 2013
[size=13pt]KAI! Nne? Na wa o! Clear road for woman wey sabi!

Freshly tapped! Na you biko![/size]
cool

(1) (Reply)

Is Tonto Dikeh Suffering From Battered Celebrity Syndrome? / PHOTOS And Proof: Linda Ikeji Accused Of Fraud / IMAGINE; Wiz Khalifa Spends N18million A Year On Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.