Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

Is There No Longer Penalty For Plagiarism? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is There No Longer Penalty For Plagiarism? (605 Views)

Can My Little Suggestion Be The Temporary Solution To Plagiarism On Nairaland / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites / Plagiarism: The Devil Of Ramadi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Longer Penalty For Plagiarism? by abysirius(m): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2013
I don't know about others but I feel cheated when I see my work/article paraphrased or even completely stolen by another person. I see it as a form of desecration because it is an act of plagiarism that I feel shouldn't be over-looked.

It is pardonable when pple make mistake of not citing correctly but to completely embrace and claim credit for work that is not urs is criminal and illegal. We must understand how important citing is...it will safe us a lot of troubles. Many of us report news yet we refuse to disclose our source of info. Imagine ur story not found to be true and the matter is to be taken up. We must learn to do the right thing! If I do not have a copy right, doesn't Seun has too? Sorry..I mean is there no such protection or right on nairaland too? I've seen atleast one of my posts in over 2 to 3 different blogs without any reference to Nairaland as being the source at all and it's not funny...Just google this (Nigerian Churches: Who are they building universities for?) and u will see it on other blogs apart from nairaland which is the true source. Pls let's do the right thing!

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Ado- "I Swear" / 2013 ICAS Sustainability International Essay Competition / The Crazy Circle(mysterious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.