Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Three R's Of Recognition - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Three R's Of Recognition (503 Views)

Nairaland Recognition Awards 2015 / For Sale: Toshiba Laptops, Intel, 500gb Hd, 4gb Ram, Face Recognition, Etc / Brand New Toshiba Satellite A500-15m Face Recognition 4 Sale - Giveaway Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Three R's Of Recognition by HerexG(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
The three R's of Recognition

To crave for recognition means you want to be great, or you want to move from your present state. But to be able to get recognized you must adhere to a particular principle, i call it "The three R's of recognition.

(1) Relevance:This the act of being connected to the matter and issue at hand, it is your relationship with the issue at hand.
I will tell you a short story about a man who is a mechanic of Citreon cars back in the 70's, this man was very good at what he does, almost everybody patronized in the city him . He has a big workshop with so many apprentice, this a man anybody even a blind man will label "A busy man". So he became rich and very relevant in the city, you would'nt own a Citreon car without visiting his shop, even my father did. As time goes by they gradually started phasing off Citreon cars, this results to disaster to the man . The Citreon cars that was in vogue then became outdated with time. Then the man who was a very busy man back then, was rendered useless, all his apprentice started disappearing one after the other . He lost virtually all of his customers because customers upgrade their cars. Because he has failed to improve on himself, he lost everything including his workshop . He hereby has no other choice than to pack his bagages back to the village because he has lost his relevance in the city.
Where ever or what position you are in life, be it in a firm, establishment, family or government let your relevance be strongly felt, infant improve on yourself to the extent that you will make the people around you belief that they can't do without you. I have someone today who works in a petroleum firm part time and they pay him the same salary as those who works full time in the same firm .
When you are relevant, there is a greater opportunity that you will be recognized.

I will conclude this write up in my next post, this includes the remaining two R's .
Watch out !

(1) (Reply)

Self Examination / Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace / The Kalu Leadership Series New Edition!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.