Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel (6574 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / EFCC Arraigns Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters / EFCC Arraigns 19-year-old Suspected Internet Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by pipz(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested two undergraduate Internet scammers and six other members of their syndicate at the highbrow 1004 Housing Estate, Victoria Island,   Lagos .

One of the undergraduate, Hope Olusegun, a 25 year-old indigene of Okene, Kogi State , claimed to be a student of Computer Science at the Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University, Malays

A petition by a concerned group had led to the arrest of Mr. Olusegun and other members of his gang at the 1004 Housing Estate, Ikeja Lagos where they had succeeded in defrauding innocent Nigerians.

After the residence of Mr. Olusegun was searched by  EFCC operatives, they recovered several items such as laptops, iPad phones, travelling documents, cheque books, flash drives, internet modem, and three exotic cars - a Mercedes Benz Jeep, One 4Matic Mercedes Benz Car and a Range Rover Sport SUV.

On interrogation, Mr. Olusegun had said the cars belonged to his sister who he claimed lives in the United Kingdom.

EFCC operatives also downloaded over 80 implicating documents from the laptops recovered from Olusegun.

“I didn’t stay on the Mainland in Lagos because of stress of friends when you just get back from abroad.”
However, the Commission is making effort to track down other members of Olusegun's syndicate who are currently at large.

In a related development, another undergraduate Mr. Tunde Wasiu Sodiq, and member of another syndicate with close affinity to Olusegun’s gang were also nabbed by operatives of the EFCC at the Housing Estate.

Equally, arrested by men of the anti graft agency at the Housing Estate were:  Messrs. Badmus Akeem O, Ajijola Oluwatosin Emmanuel, Adebesin Olalekan, Raji Resaq O,  Ajibola Adeniyi and Adeboye Lamidi.

According to Mr. Badmus Akeem, “I decided to move to Malaysia to further my education while I do “Hot jobs” as well. I just got back a week ago before the festive period and also produce music and manage artistes.” 

In his statement to EFCC, leader of one of the syndicate, Mr. Sodiq stated that he chose to live at the expensive 1004 estate where he and his friends pay N30, 000 daily, in order to avoid the pressure from friends and relations.

“I didn’t stay on the Mainland in Lagos because of stress of friends when you just get back from abroad.”

Mr. Sodiq said that the Range Rover Sport car recovered from them belonged to his mother despite the fact that the car beared his alias, “T.Wizzle”.

He stated in his statement that the mother decided to customise the car plate number after the name of his first son.

All members of the two syndicates would soon be arraigned in court.
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by pipz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
I've met dis twizzle guy severally in Elegushi making it rain....I knew it was all dirty money. Good luck twizzle and pls try not to drop the soap. *just saying*
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by confusion247(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
Shame on the so called EFCC. Ex and current political office holders are out of range and above the law. Soon you people will start to arrest filling stations pump attendants.
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by redsun(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Crime is legitimately pursued discipline in nigeria.Everybody is in one way or the other a crominal,that is why nigerians are home with criminals as leaders.

The ones that didnt settle the police and judges well are the ones that are persecuted.
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by richardame(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
EFCC, please did anybody complained that this boys defrauded them? At least in a case like this a complainant must be present.... I hope you guys know the rule of law. Being in possession of a laptop and check books is not a crime.
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by lovelyS(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
I know Twizzle very well.he used to reside at a room in agege before he moved to another area very close by.I was surprised when i got home and i heard that Wasiu (real name)Twizzle has been arrested cos he just came back from Malaysia like a month before the arrest.He was driving EOD (end of discussion) and recently change it to Red Range Rover sport.No one knows how he became that rich though i pity his mother cos she broke up with his father.I wish him luck.

Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by Gidi3020(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ewedu soup got his brain saturated, once met the panla fish(Twizzle) at the palms lekki. #Ogufe
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by blithe2nice(m): 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
Yahoo yahoo boys wen too dey show.Bad belle go petition una o....u no go do,u no go let who fit do do. #wahala everywhere# Political Efcc everywhere...Because if say efcc,really dey wrk.e get one oga wen dem never bold question. Until them question am,I no trust efcc at all.
Re: EFCC Arrest Suspected Internet Fraud Cartel by DaBullIT(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
Which Oga abeg ? grin grin grin Na G start hin name ?
blithe2nice:
Yahoo yahoo boys wen too dey show.Bad belle go petition una o....u no go do,u no go let who fit do do. #wahala everywhere# Political Efcc everywhere...Because if say efcc,really dey wrk.e get one oga wen dem never bold question. Until them question am,I no trust efcc at all.

(1) (Reply)

Police Nab Four Suspected Vandals, Thieves In Benue, / Nigerian Big Boy, IBD Dende, In Customs Custody Over Alleged Smuggling / Photo: Nigerian Soldiers Killed On Their Way To Sambisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.