Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. (10429 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them / So, What About When Women Abuse Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Clemzy16(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
Girls have some kinda natural emotional immunity clause. Even without them crying you'll score them right above a male. We men are always seen as the bad guys.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by coogar: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
Clemzy16: Girls have some kinda natural emotional immunity clause. Even without them crying you'll score them right above a male. We men are always seen as the bad guys.

because men are always more daring, more criminal-minded than women. that is getting phased out now anyways. the law is starting to admit women can be dangerous as men!
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Clemzy16(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
GEJ & P.FOOD:

I doubt u. Power of women are there punny.
I agree to disagree with you. Power of women are their bo[o]bs.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Clemzy16(m): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
coogar:

because men are always more daring, more criminal-minded than women. that is getting phased out now anyways. the law is starting to admit women can be dangerous as men!
Walahi! Na women Badt pass. You say the devil is a liar, let some girls lie to you then You'll know that the devil is a learner.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by controlseven: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
I truly need a cure for such an insanity. Imagine my girl cries when there is no fuel in the generator to watch her damned nollywood movies!!!
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
This thread reminds me of my sister. Holy christ! That girl can cry especially when she feels wronged. Don't know what else makes those tears pour own but they flow pretty fast.
Thank God she has an understanding and caring fiance or would have been worried about how she's gonna manage that when she gets married.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
pak: REALLY,

Are there still people who cry when watching movies !!! (smh non stop )

[size=22pt]the last time I felt sad while watching TV was rigobert songs last penalty against Nigeria that made the eagles lose the 2000 nations cup at the national stadium (Now that's a valid reason to cry - patriotism).

[/size]
grin grin
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
As if you know what is going on right now in my house. Accusing for nothing and silently observing her, she resort to crying, singing. Hmm women. Am just watching her
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
hisblud: As if you know what is going on right now in my house. Accusing for nothing and silently observing her, she resort to crying, singing. Hmm women. Am just watching her
i feel u man just keep your temper and do not reply.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
With the examples you have given, I don't get why or how you came to the conclusion that they tried to blackmail you emotionally?

Some people are just emotional and like CC I cried when I watched skyfall. I cry during some arguments with my husband, I cry when I watch weddings on the TV or attend one live. I cried on Thursday when I got to work and was told one of my patients who had a stroke had been transferred to hospice for palliative care and we all know its only a matter of days before she passes on. I cried the day my friend who has been trying for 8 years, told me she's preggers.

When I argue with my any sister of mine I cry and when my mother calls me to hear my own side of the story, I burst into tears before I give my own version. I don't do this to black mail people, I just get emotional when I have issues with people close to me.

When you try to calm me down or "pet me" hen I am crying, you are indirectly giving me a "pass" to cry, but if you tell me to get a hold of myself, my tear duct respects itself
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jenny, Happy New year, regards to the family.
I am also emotional but the cases I explained are cases where people hope to hoodwink you with tears.
Have you ever had a worker you supervise who you have spoken to over and over about a particular habit and the person ignores you then the day you take action she starts sobbing and telling people how "unfair" you are to her?
That's the kind of tears am talking about.first example I gave, My Anty has a son, there is a lady she likes and wants the son to marry beccause the girl is from our place, her son likes another lady from the south, I went to speak with her and she started crying saying how she didn't enjoy her marriage and now in her old age one "stranger" doesn't want her to "enjoy" her son and future grand kids.
Bare in mind that the lady from the south is kind, homely and respectful and the one from our place was caught cheating twice by my cousin and broke it off with her a long time ago due to character flawss but my Anty will always make excuses for the lady just because she is from our place. I reminded her that it was a choice to enjoy her own life and the boy has chosen to enjoy his not live in misery to please others.

Second case the girl I shared about was arrested in complicity of drug trafficking because she was arrested with some shaddy characters, the mother all along had supported the daughter because she buys her all sorts of jewelery even though she just graduated or about to and doesn't work. I have spoken to her severally on the need to reduce greed and caution her daughter, now there is trouble my concern is helping to get the girl out because she may be guilty of chasing money but she wasn't caught drug trafficking and the men have also said she wasn't trafficking even though she knew they dealt drugs.
So what is the purpose of tears trying to "prove" her innocence to the same me who has spoen severally to her about all the signs?

Third case, she went taking money both her and her husband were saving against advice. Now the husband discovered and she is crying to convince me of her innocence, same person I scolded and warned severally.

I have no issues with emotions, I just hate it when it is dishonest
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
debrief08: Lol, Madam CC, Like I said these women once you call them out the tears stop.
This is not about you oh. Lol
Greatgod thankfully I am not the only one who has met such women. I was begining to think I was too hard

I'm sure there are some cases but the fact that the tears stop when you call them out doesn't necessarily mean the tears were fake. It's possible that the new emotion you invoked by chastising them superseded the sadness emotion. So if they suddenly get embarrassed, shocked or angry at your response, the brain sends out that signal and the body responds appropriately. No use for the tear ducts at that point.

I'm a cry baby myself. Started from when I was an infant and I would cry nonstop. grin I've been much better lately though you can always count me in on crying during movies, tv shows etc. That one hasn't changed grin grin
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
I am mobile now so I cannot quote. My post was based on the examples you posted when you started this thread. That their tears stopped instanta when you hit the nail on the head, is not enough reason to think they are faking it.

The second case in your last post is entirely different: any sane person that relies on her salary to see her through will cry if she lost her job, she going about telling people how unfair you are is the part I don't agree with, but are the tears fake? We don't know cos for all I know she might have been the bread winner of that family.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Sike(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
.....Winning!
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Dandy1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Women badt gann ni ooo. Especially those lying types.They'll lie between their teeth,use all sorts of ''swear words'' on themselves come take cry-cry cement am.Only for you to validate later that it was all a lie.
About emotional movies;the only film that gave me a near tear experience was ''John Q'' by Denzel Washington.Nice flick I must say.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
jennykadry: I am mobile now so I cannot quote. My post was based on the examples you posted when you started this thread. That their tears stopped instanta when you hit the nail on the head, is not enough reason to think they are faking it.

The second case in your last post is entirely different: any sane person that relies on her salary to see her through will cry if she lost her job, she going about telling people how unfair you are is the part I don't agree with, but are the tears fake? We don't know cos for all I know she might have been the bread winner of that family.
i don't why but i do like/love emotive girl,they are so lovely. i like to see this weakness in a woman.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Happy new year

1 Like

Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
I didn't say anything about sacking, I was giving an example of say the errant worker gets a query after several warnings and goes crying not for the pain of the query but to gain sympathy.
Maybe you haven't come accross such women, you won't understand how it is till you witness it.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Warfibabe(f): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
I am guilty o!...
i cry whenever i am having an argument with my husband and it starts to turn to this huge fight.. the easiest way to get to my husband is just to cry and he'll mellow down.. grin
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
^^^ I am not saying there are no such women, I know there are heaps of them, all I am saying is that your examples are not strong enough for me to conclude.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Warfibabe: I am guilty o!...
i cry whenever i am having an argument with my husband and it starts to turn to this huge fight.. the easiest way to get to my husband is just to cry and he'll mellow down.. grin

grin Hehehe. An emotional blackmailer in the house!

Oya tell us, how do you manage to turn on those waterworks at the drop of a hat? How did you perfect this skill? grin
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by vanstanzy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
When women start shedding that their "Crocodile Tears", u know its time to start being very wary of her. Cos to me, thats when a woman is most dangerous.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by kandiikane(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
I don't need to cry, all I do is lower my eyes, widen them abit and squeeze my mouth in and just blink slowly. Works best if you're wearing eye pencil in the inner rim of the lower eyelid. cheesy tongue wink
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by vanstanzy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
chaircover: There is emotional and there is blackmail. We are all different and some of us are actually very emotional because thats just the way we are.

I cry a lot. Always have done and I doubt that it will stop anytime soon. It doesnt mean that I am doing it to blackmail anyone.

I cry when I watch things on TV. Just Friday I watched Skyfall in the cinema and cried thrice in that movie I wont say where cos I dont want to ruin it for folks who are yet to see the movie. Who crys watching James Bond? embarassed Thank God the place was dark and no once could see me crying grin

I cry when I watch survivor stories, I cry when I watch births on TV, I cry when I watch Air crash investigation; all sorts. Im always wiping my eyes and pretending that there is something in my eye. I cried when I saw my daughter singing in the Christmas School play and I cry when one of our tropical fish dies sef!

If Mr CC and I have a misunderstanding and I am right, I cry. If he is wrong I cry too. I def cry when I am accused falsely or my intentions are misunderstood . . .thats just me embarassed

So for me there is no emotional blackmail behind it. Mr CC is used to it and when the tears start flowing he will go and get tissue and cuddle me. Some of us just have very active tear ducts grin

Woman, u should be in the Guinness Book of Records for being "Crier of the Millenium" grin grin grin grin grin. U cry through almost everything.
I tell u what, am gonna wish u and ur family A HAPPY AND FRUITFUL NEW YEAR, but u have to promise me u won't cry about that too. grin grin grin
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by vanstanzy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
coogar:

Like 007 Roger Moore once said, "Never trust a naked (i like to add, teary eyed) woman".
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by gwas(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
@chaircover, crying is definitely your hobby! Haba! wetin! Cry this cry that. Just take am easy because i hear say too much cry don dey remove person eyes o. lol.
@Topic, those girls are bloody hypocrites. My ex is a good example of this. She would cry when she's feeding you a solid cooked lies - lies wey get NAFDAC number. That girl is nothing but a big time blackmailer!
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by gwas(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
Warfibabe: I am guilty o!...
I'm not saying your husband is a mumu o, but one thing am sure of is: if he meets someone like my ex, he would give her all his life savings willingly!
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by Enoquin(f): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
chaircover: There is emotional and there is blackmail. We are all different and some of us are actually very emotional because thats just the way we are.

I cry a lot. Always have done and I doubt that it will stop anytime soon. It doesnt mean that I am doing it to blackmail anyone.

I cry when I watch things on TV. Just Friday I watched Skyfall in the cinema and cried thrice in that movie I wont say where cos I dont want to ruin it for folks who are yet to see the movie. Who crys watching James Bond? embarassed Thank God the place was dark and no once could see me crying grin

I cry when I watch survivor stories, I cry when I watch births on TV, I cry when I watch Air crash investigation; all sorts. Im always wiping my eyes and pretending that there is something in my eye. I cried when I saw my daughter singing in the Christmas School play and I cry when one of our tropical fish dies sef!

If Mr CC and I have a misunderstanding and I am right, I cry. If he is wrong I cry too. I def cry when I am accused falsely or my intentions are misunderstood . . .thats just me embarassed

So for me there is no emotional blackmail behind it. Mr CC is used to it and when the tears start flowing he will go and get tissue and cuddle me. Some of us just have very active tear ducts grin

Come oh...where in skyfall made you cry? That movie is not in my list of emotional movies self...Since, you have an active tear duct perhaps you should read books like Chicken Soup for the Soul...trust me, it'd be crying for a good cause...lol
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by coogar: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
gwas: @chaircover, crying is definitely your hobby! Haba! wetin! Cry this cry that. Just take am easy because i hear say too much cry don dey remove person eyes o. lol.
@Topic, those girls are bloody hypocrites. My ex is a good example of this. She would cry when she's feeding you a solid cooked lies - lies wey get NAFDAC number. That girl is nothing but a big time blackmailer!

where's the girl now?
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by gwas(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
coogar:

where's the girl now?
You wana meet her? I can arrange o.
I ditched her long ago.
Re: When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
[size=18pt]Yorubas say Asukunrojo Obinrin o man tu ile (A woman who cries while explaining herself is suspect)

Bob Marley said No woman no cry[/size]

My own cry was after Canada 1987 final In the middle of the night I was wailing everyone was begging me, I even felt like killing the referee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience / Help! I Want To Add Enough Flesh! / How Do I Punish My Husband For Betraying My Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.