Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? (832 Views)

Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / Top 15 Yoruba Gospel Music & Praises Lyrics / Now That Want To Be A Christian, Should I Stop Listening To Non-gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? by Cassiel(f): 11:55am On Feb 25, 2008
Should a true christian listen to both gospel songs and circular songs?Circular songs from artists like,chris brown,dolly parton,gwen stefani,fergie,evanescence, and the rest of them.Or should it be strictly gospel.And what about ''gospel'' singers like R.Kelly?
Re: Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? by MCUsman(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2008
Whats the difference ? they all seem like Rock & Row to me grin grin
Re: Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? by Image123(m): 5:43am On Feb 28, 2008
the scriptures say
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
so I believe a true Christian should only deal with spiritual songs.And we should have it in mind that not all gospel is true gospel.It should be with grace in the heart,both of the artiste and the listener.
Pro 10:32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
We need the help of God's righteousnesss in us to discern sometimes when we are confused
Re: Gospel Music,non-gospel Music,or Both? by 4Him(m): 6:17am On Feb 28, 2008
MC Usman:

Whats the difference ? they all seem like Rock & Row to me grin grin

lets hear the isl'amic songs first.

(1) (Reply)

Embrace Life!please Read This. / De-conversion Stories: 1 - Lee Randolph / I Putting On Trousers By Females A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.