Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,814 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam (1655 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by maclatunji: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
US army officer embraces Islam in Afghanistan

James Grant, a US army officer in Afghanistan, embraced Islam in the Watapur district of eastern Kunar province.

The officer from the US state of Tennessee said he converted after reading books on Islam for the last seven months at a coalition camp in the town.

Grant proclaimed “Shahadah” in front of a crowd of Afghan and foreign military officers through an imam with the Afghan military.He has changed his name to Mohammad Asif.

Grant, the father of two children, said he had consulted his wife before the conversion. “She did not oppose my conversion to Islam. I would preach Islam to my family first, and then to others.”

http://en.iqraa.com/en/newsdetails.aspx?NewsID=508
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by maclatunji: 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
Picture? Look down.

Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
maclatunji: US army officer embraces Islam in Afghanistan

James Grant, a US army officer in Afghanistan, embraced Islam in the Watapur district of eastern Kunar province.

The officer from the US state of Tennessee said he converted after reading books on Islam for the last seven months at a coalition camp in the town.

Grant proclaimed “Shahadah” in front of a crowd of Afghan and foreign military officers through an imam with the Afghan military.He has changed his name to Mohammad Asif.

Grant, the father of two children, said he had consulted his wife before the conversion. “She did not oppose my conversion to Islam. I would preach Islam to my family first, and then to others.”

http://en.iqraa.com/en/newsdetails.aspx?NewsID=508

He studied koran for seven months in a coalition camp...That coalition camp sounds like a concentration camp to me..

sorry my mac dont mean to be offensive but if i was in the same unit with him i,ll always watch my back..i,ll rather stick with a muslim i,ve known a long time than one who just got converted..
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by Samchelsea(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
He's been in Afghanistan for long so its not a surprise......
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by ebamma3: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
Next story please
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
gbosaa:

He studied koran for seven months in a coalition camp...That coalition camp sounds like a concentration camp to me..

sorry my mac dont mean to be offensive but if i was in the same unit with him i,ll always watch my back..i,ll rather stick with a muslim i,ve known a long time than one who just got converted..

Your ignorance of what "coalition camp" means is almost cute.
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by Chanchit: 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
Thats his cup of garri, may Allah hear his prayers, anyway jst watch ur back, he might be CIA.
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
Next!
Re: James Grant, A US Army Officer In Afghanistan Converts To Islam by Metallurgist: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2013
The lies that xtains heap on islam is not to their best interest, and when u lied to discourage or discredit a thing and the person u ar lying found out the truth the result is he no longer belief in anything that u said even if there is truth in it, xtain that ar objective minded and hav real and authentic contart with islam and muslims, the lucky ones convert to islam and the unlucky ar no longer islamaphobia

(1) (Reply)

Identifying The Khulafau Rashidun (rightly Guided Caliphs) / Chastity Issues / Islam For Muslims Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.