Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

I Have A Private Jet But I Cannot Pay For Hangar Parking- Nigerian Jet Owner - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have A Private Jet But I Cannot Pay For Hangar Parking- Nigerian Jet Owner (2582 Views)

Picture Of Flt Lt. Ebitimi Owei One Of The Victims Of The Crashed Fighter Jet / Pic: Nigeria's Presidential Jet / Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Private Jet But I Cannot Pay For Hangar Parking- Nigerian Jet Owner by Adejoro74: 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
FG loses millions to private jet owners

Written by Shola Adekola-Lagos

advertisement

ONE of the several ways through which the Federal Government is being ripped off by wealthy Nigerians is by parking unserviceable private jets at the airports thereby denying the relevant government organisations the expected revenue generation.

The Nigerian Tribune, at the weekend, gathered that some individuals, who have these private jets have become a thorn in the flesh of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), the agency saddled with the responsibility of running the hangar situated at the local wing of the Lagos airport.

The private hangar is used for parking by the wealthy private jet owners where they are charged for enjoying such services.

According to information gathered, an estimate levy charged for the parking of such jets a day is put at between N10,000 and N20, 000.

Apart from these wealthy Nigerians, jets belonging to some rich General Overseers of some churches are also parted at the private hangar.

The Nigerian Tribune further gathered that while many of the private jet owners are indebted to the relevant aviation agencies which provide different services for them running into several billions of naira, the private jets belonging to some men of God are not left out.

According to information gathered at the weekend, the aviation agency running the private hangar where such private jets use for take-off or landing at the local airport have ordered owners of abandoned private jets parked at the hangar to remove them.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jan/7/603.html
Re: I Have A Private Jet But I Cannot Pay For Hangar Parking- Nigerian Jet Owner by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Adejoro74: FG loses millions to private jet owners

Written by Shola Adekola-Lagos

advertisement

ONE of the several ways through which the Federal Government is being ripped off by wealthy Nigerians is by parking unserviceable private jets at the airports thereby denying the relevant government organisations the expected revenue generation.

The Nigerian Tribune, at the weekend, gathered that some individuals, who have these private jets have become a thorn in the flesh of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), the agency saddled with the responsibility of running the hangar situated at the local wing of the Lagos airport.

The private hangar is used for parking by the wealthy private jet owners where they are charged for enjoying such services.

According to information gathered, an estimate levy charged for the parking of such jets a day is put at between N10,000 and N20, 000.

Apart from these wealthy Nigerians, jets belonging to some rich General Overseers of some churches are also parted at the private hangar.

The Nigerian Tribune further gathered that while many of the private jet owners are indebted to the relevant aviation agencies which provide different services for them running into several billions of naira, the private jets belonging to some men of God are not left out.

According to information gathered at the weekend, the aviation agency running the private hangar where such private jets use for take-off or landing at the local airport have ordered owners of abandoned private jets parked at the hangar to remove them.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jan/7/603.html
short of word'z............hmmmmmmmmm
9ja............maybe they wld move to abj...no be only mmia dey naw.....

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Americans Earn Lower Than Indian Americans? / Are Marriages Conducted By LGA Marriage Registries Valid For Visa Applications? / Travelling To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.