Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why We Need Another Version Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Need Another Version Of The Bible (520 Views)

Dangote: Encounter With Idahosa, Another Version Of His Wealth / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need Another Version Of The Bible by princesammmy: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2013
I have been asking myself whats the reason for having more than one version of the bible, is it that we dont understand the English or we are looking for a version that will tell us what we dont want to hear in a softer way. When ever the issue about different versions is brought up, a war start on which version is the best, but i belive its more about what we want to hear. Because as long as you understand English there is no morden english or out-dated english you will not understand. So its better we accept the hard truth rather than fighting on which version is best translated.
Re: Why We Need Another Version Of The Bible by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2013
This is a world made up of different people with diff. language and diff. understanding. Thus,when the various bibliographers were translating the Original Hebrew Bible,they did so to a language they understood and felt was the best,without adding or removing any word from the Hebrew Bible.That is prolly the reason we've got diff. versions.

(1) (Reply)

Morning And Evening Fasting. Which Is Harder? / Warri Bible Is Finally Out / The Christian Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.